Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:43:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Jeffrey Loria is Scum Part 3978897
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Jeffrey Loria is Scum Part 3978897  (Read 5134 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 03:19:59 pm »

Yes something changed, the expectations of the Marlins winning games. I don't really agree much with either side in this argument. #1 I think the fans want out of spending the money. Their claims are outrageous looking at the photos. #2 I think the Marlins are being unreasonable given the lack of fans they have. Provide these people another seat, but hold them to their promise of buying tickets.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 03:22:30 pm »

Point is, SOMETHING changed that led them to not have liked the seats, and they can claim that they wouldn't have selected that seat had they been like that when they originally purchased. That's all they need.

That is not all they need.  Otherwise folks would be voiding contracts left and right because of trivial crap.

Besides, isn't it better to move their seat to avoid all the bad press they are getting?

This is true.  And probably the reason of why the defendants went to the press.  

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 03:33:49 pm »

What is going on here is the equivilant of you buy non-refundable tickets from Southwest (mightaswell drag Pappy into the thread) to visit your sister and then you have a fight with your sister and decided you don't want to visit her. 

You read on the internet that Southwest has changed their pretzel vendor. 

You then claim that the reason you selected Southwest is b/c you loved their pretzels but you can't stand the new brand and demand Southwest either refund your money or provide you with your beloved pretzels. 

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 06:46:06 pm »

^^ that's a terrible analogy.

(a) a Southwest ticket is a one-time purchase, not recurring.
(b) its a couple hundred bucks, not $25,000
(c) Pretzels are provided as a courtesy, not the primary reason one flies
(d) The person didn't have the choice of pretzels or peanuts, and chose pretzels based on their vendor of record.

The person chose THOSE SEATS based on the experience of inspecting them prior to purchase.  At the time, they met their satisfaction.  Now they do not, so they should not be FORCED to pay for something that doesn't meet their satisfaction.

Sure you can say that the underlying cause is likely that the Marlins are horrible, but if there is a legitimate reason, no matter how trivial YOU may deem it, that these seats are no longer up to the standard of the customers' expectation, they should not be forced to pay for it.  If the customer was offered a different seat, would the accept it?  That nullifies the "the team sucks" argument.

(although, you COULD even argue that selling off all the players after locking people into long-term contracts is also changing the product).

A better analogy would be if you sign up for cell phone service after looking for the carrier with the best signal in your neighborhood.  You find Verizon has a tower close by and you sign up for a 3 year contract with Verizon so you have the best signal at home.  Then 4 months later, Verizon takes down their cell tower and you have no service at home.

Or maybe this one - You rent a car from a busy airport and you pay for a luxury vehicle.  You have a confirmed reservation for a BMW 5-series.  But when you get there after flying for 8 hours, they give you the keys to a Dodge Neon and say "have a nice day."  Would you just say "ho-hum I guess I get what they give me" and walk out, or would you fight for what you reserved originally?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:35:15 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 07:34:05 pm »

(although, you COULD even argue that selling off all the players after locking people into long-term contracts is also changing the product).

No you can't.  And that is the real reason why these folks want out.

A better analogy would be if you sign up for cell phone service after looking for the carrier with the best signal in your neighborhood.  You find Verizon has a tower close by and you sign up for a 3 year contract with Verizon so you have the best signal at home.  Then 4 months later, Verizon takes down their cell tower and you have no service at home.

did you see the photos?  you can still see the whole field of play, a small portion outside the foul line is no longer visible while seated. 

You analogy stinks.  More like you get verizon and you want a full refund because of a 3 minute outage. 

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 07:36:27 pm »

^ its not a 3 minute outage.  Its not a temporary problem. Its not going to go away.  It doesn't matter how minute YOU think the problem is.  Your judgment of the photos is immaterial.  Its all up to the opinion of the person paying the money.

No you can't.  And that is the real reason why these folks want out.
We all love assumptions - apparently these people have been fighting this since the wall was changed in the middle of LAST season.  Before they traded away all their players.  You cannot assume that.  Did you READ The article?

Since they pay $25,000 for the seats that became obscured, the Leons say they asked the team to change their seat location or they would not renew their tickets for the 2013 season.
If they wanted out completely, why wouldn't they just ask for out?  If it wasn't REALLY about the seats, not about the team, then why would they accept a seat move as resolution?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:46:09 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
Landshark
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 08:03:33 am »

Yankees announcer Lou Piniella apologized after saying this week: “I don’t want to use the word ‘raped’ but [Toronto] basically took a lot of talent from the Miami Marlins.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2013/03/media-notes-heat-surpassing-dolphins-with-record-ratings-local-radio-marlins-related-apology.html#storylink=cpy

I wouldn't use the word raped either because Jeffery Loria getting in bed with the Blue Jays front office was entirely consensual.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray