Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 08:32:15 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Pat White is back
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Pat White is back  (Read 6721 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« on: April 03, 2013, 07:17:59 am »

Pat White signed with the Redskins.  Hey if Tebow can get an NFL Roster spot why not White?! They got about the same talent level as a QB
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 09:56:31 am »

The only thing I think of when I think of Pat White is that last big hit he took on the sidelines when his eyes got all googley.  That was pretty disturbing.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 11:53:52 am »

I would go on record to say Pat White is a better QB than Tebow.

Let's see how that flies...
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 04:07:23 pm »

Pat White never completed a pass in the NFL. This is from an old article after Tebow had beat the Steeler's in a playoff win ... reminding us there are also several  things that Pat White will never do regardless of if he ever plays another down behind center again.

Throughout the regular season, the Steelers had only gave up six completions of 30+ yards.  Tim Tebow threw five of them in one game.  More astounding is that Pittsburgh had only given up a total of seven plays, of any kind, of 30 yards or more ALL year.   All five of Tebow's passes, by the way, were completed 15 yards or more beyond the line of scrimmage (so this isn’t a WR on a slip screen padding Tebow’s stats).  Not once all year had the Steelers allowed a 30-yard pass play to be completed on third down.  Tebow’s’ 51-yard completion to Demaryius Thomas was on third down.

Tebow is the first player to have four completions of 30 yards or more in one quarter of a playoff game in the modern era (since 1960) and the first in any game since Warren Moon in 1990.

In the last 10 years, the perennially defensive-minded Steelers had never given up more than two passes of fifty yards in any one game.  Tebow threw three of them.  This gets, somehow, even more impressive when you learn that Pittsburgh had only given up one pass of more than 45 yards all year (and in that case, most of the yards came after the catch)

Further, in the playoffs, no QB since the NFL/AFL merger in 1970 had ever completed three 50+ yard passes in a game.  "And Tebow can't throw," they say?!

Tebow connected four times with Demaryius Thomas for 204 yards.  The Steelers hadn’t allowed a 100-yard receiver since Jordy Nelson did it in last year’s Super Bowl.  Only 103 of those yards were gained after the catch, meaning that Tebow’s throws were significant (especially when you consider that the 80 yard game-winner only traveled 16 yards in the air and 64 after the catch)

Not a single passer threw for more than 300 yards against the Steelers this year.  Tebow finished with 316.

On 10 completions (for a still-too-low 47.6 completion percentage) out of 21 attempts, Tebow averaged 15.6 yards per attempt – one of the highest totals in recent NFL history in any game. Doing the math then, you see that Tebow averaged 31.6 yards per completion, which is the highest amount in NFL postseason history.  He is the only QB in the Super Bowl Era to ever throw for 300 yards on only 10 attempts.

Tebow ran for 50 yards and a touchdown as well.  He joins Joe Montana and Aaron Rodgers as the only NFL QBs to ever run for a TD, throw for 300 yards, and not throw any interceptions in a playoff game.

Tim Tebow’s passer rating was 125.6, which was the highest in Broncos postseason history.  Tim Tebow also set the Denver Broncos yardage record for a postseason debut, breaking Elway’s record (by almost 200 yards, so it wasn’t a high bar to set).

Using ESPN's QBR formula for quarterbacks, Tim Tebow scored a 97.3/100, the highest ever recorded for the stat, which was started in 2008.  Unlike the traditional QB rating formula, this statistic rewards QBs for throwing downfield, making plays with their feet, and completing passes in the clutch.  Tebow did all three.

Tim Tebow is only the fifth QB since 1970 to throw for at least 300 yards and two TDs in his postseason debut.

This is the second time in his first 15 games as a starter that Tebow has thrown for 300 yards.  Although this isn’t historically significant, compare this to the three standard-bearers in the NFL for throwing ability, none of whom started as a rookie either:

Tom Brady: two 300-yard passing games
Drew Brees: two 300-yard passing games
Aaron Rodgers: three 300-yard passing games

Nobody in their right mind would say that Tim Tebow is on-par with these guys right now.  But these guys all have 6-10 years of playing experience. However, it is perfectly reasonable to compare Tebow to them during their first season of starting (I always hear, "really, you're comparing Tim Tebow to the great Drew Brees?"  Yes, actually, I am.).  And Tebow doesn’t seem to be any better or worse than the game’s top three current passers were when they were inexperienced.

Tebow’s game-winning, overtime touchdown pass of 80 yards was the longest such play in NFL playoff history.  Completed in less than 11 seconds, it was also the quickest ending to an overtime game in either regular season or playoff history

The 80-yard pass ties John Elway’s franchise record for longest pass in the postseason.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:12:45 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 04:13:01 pm »

"Who is a better QB, Tebow or Pat White?"  It's like asking "Which smells better, baby shit, or roadkill?"

They both stink...and they both stink.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 04:15:48 pm »

Tebow is a better player than Pat White.

I drink your milkshake!
Landshark
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 05:02:44 pm »

Paging EKnight!!!  Paging EKnight!!!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 06:19:51 pm »

[Tebow played really well in one playoff game]
I agree, Tebow had a great game at home against a (heavily injured) top defense.

One week prior to that, Matt Flynn had an even better game at home against a playoff team.  So I'm not sure how much stock I'd put in one game.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 08:01:39 pm »

Tebow and White isn't even close.  Tebow >>> White. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
el diablo
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 11:18:19 pm »

Is there any QB that won't get compared to Tebow? Seriously.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 01:11:58 am »

Pat White never completed a pass in the NFL. This is from an old article after Tebow had beat the Steeler's in a playoff win ... reminding us there are also several  things that Pat White will never do regardless of if he ever plays another down behind center again.

Throughout the regular season, the Steelers had only gave up six completions of 30+ yards.  Tim Tebow threw five of them in one game.  More astounding is that Pittsburgh had only given up a total of seven plays, of any kind, of 30 yards or more ALL year.   All five of Tebow's passes, by the way, were completed 15 yards or more beyond the line of scrimmage (so this isn’t a WR on a slip screen padding Tebow’s stats).  Not once all year had the Steelers allowed a 30-yard pass play to be completed on third down.  Tebow’s’ 51-yard completion to Demaryius Thomas was on third down.

Tebow is the first player to have four completions of 30 yards or more in one quarter of a playoff game in the modern era (since 1960) and the first in any game since Warren Moon in 1990.

In the last 10 years, the perennially defensive-minded Steelers had never given up more than two passes of fifty yards in any one game.  Tebow threw three of them.  This gets, somehow, even more impressive when you learn that Pittsburgh had only given up one pass of more than 45 yards all year (and in that case, most of the yards came after the catch)

Further, in the playoffs, no QB since the NFL/AFL merger in 1970 had ever completed three 50+ yard passes in a game.  "And Tebow can't throw," they say?!

Tebow connected four times with Demaryius Thomas for 204 yards.  The Steelers hadn’t allowed a 100-yard receiver since Jordy Nelson did it in last year’s Super Bowl.  Only 103 of those yards were gained after the catch, meaning that Tebow’s throws were significant (especially when you consider that the 80 yard game-winner only traveled 16 yards in the air and 64 after the catch)

Not a single passer threw for more than 300 yards against the Steelers this year.  Tebow finished with 316.

On 10 completions (for a still-too-low 47.6 completion percentage) out of 21 attempts, Tebow averaged 15.6 yards per attempt – one of the highest totals in recent NFL history in any game. Doing the math then, you see that Tebow averaged 31.6 yards per completion, which is the highest amount in NFL postseason history.  He is the only QB in the Super Bowl Era to ever throw for 300 yards on only 10 attempts.

Tebow ran for 50 yards and a touchdown as well.  He joins Joe Montana and Aaron Rodgers as the only NFL QBs to ever run for a TD, throw for 300 yards, and not throw any interceptions in a playoff game.

Tim Tebow’s passer rating was 125.6, which was the highest in Broncos postseason history.  Tim Tebow also set the Denver Broncos yardage record for a postseason debut, breaking Elway’s record (by almost 200 yards, so it wasn’t a high bar to set).

Using ESPN's QBR formula for quarterbacks, Tim Tebow scored a 97.3/100, the highest ever recorded for the stat, which was started in 2008.  Unlike the traditional QB rating formula, this statistic rewards QBs for throwing downfield, making plays with their feet, and completing passes in the clutch.  Tebow did all three.

Tim Tebow is only the fifth QB since 1970 to throw for at least 300 yards and two TDs in his postseason debut.

This is the second time in his first 15 games as a starter that Tebow has thrown for 300 yards.  Although this isn’t historically significant, compare this to the three standard-bearers in the NFL for throwing ability, none of whom started as a rookie either:

Tom Brady: two 300-yard passing games
Drew Brees: two 300-yard passing games
Aaron Rodgers: three 300-yard passing games

Nobody in their right mind would say that Tim Tebow is on-par with these guys right now.  But these guys all have 6-10 years of playing experience. However, it is perfectly reasonable to compare Tebow to them during their first season of starting (I always hear, "really, you're comparing Tim Tebow to the great Drew Brees?"  Yes, actually, I am.).  And Tebow doesn’t seem to be any better or worse than the game’s top three current passers were when they were inexperienced.

Tebow’s game-winning, overtime touchdown pass of 80 yards was the longest such play in NFL playoff history.  Completed in less than 11 seconds, it was also the quickest ending to an overtime game in either regular season or playoff history

The 80-yard pass ties John Elway’s franchise record for longest pass in the postseason.

If I remember correctly, Tebow dumped off a short pass and Thomas did all the work to turn it into an 80yd touchdown. By calling it an 80 yd td pass, you make it sound as if Tebow nailed a bomb on the defense, when in truth it was a 80 yd catch and run.
Thomas is legitimate #1 receiver threat in this league...still. Tebow cannot beat out Sanchez. I see that victory as more of Thomas's dominance over the Steelers D than Tebow's.
808phan

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 02:04:56 am »

Camp fodder. That's all Pat White will be. The Redskins need a QB to run read-option plays in training camp/preseason while RGIII heals.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 08:13:59 am »

If I remember correctly, Tebow dumped off a short pass and Thomas did all the work to turn it into an 80yd touchdown. By calling it an 80 yd td pass, you make it sound as if Tebow nailed a bomb on the defense, when in truth it was a 80 yd catch and run.
Thomas is legitimate #1 receiver threat in this league...still. Tebow cannot beat out Sanchez. I see that victory as more of Thomas's dominance over the Steelers D than Tebow's.
So what's your point? Brian said White was better than Tebow and I made the point that Tebow accomplished more than White ever will.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 10:23:09 am »

I don't care about that, its situational.  If you put Tebow and White in the old school QB challenge, I bet Pat White whips his ass.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 10:57:54 am »

I don't care about that, its situational.  If you put Tebow and White in the old school QB challenge, I bet Pat White whips his ass.
You don't care about what he does in a game as long as he can win a skills competition off the field?  By that logic Fiedler is better than Marino because he has a higher IQ.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray