Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 04:13:28 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Pat White is back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Pat White is back  (Read 6731 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 11:05:00 am »

You don't care about what he does in a game as long as he can win a skills competition off the field?  By that logic Fiedler is better than Marino because he has a higher IQ.

There is no logic in that statement... QB skills competitions are not IQ tests. It's mostly passing accuracy at different distances.

Fiedler could NEVER beat Marino in a QB skills competition...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 11:05:22 am »

Um no.  Marino is better than Fielder because he has better QB skillz.  What does IQ have to do with arm strength and how accurately you can throw a football?

You have to remove the player from the situation where other players can help.  Tebow got paid off one play by Demariyus Thomas.  Not because Tebow is amazing.  And Tebow-ites won't shut up about the one play that THOMAS made that happened to go on Tebow's stat line.

Pat White has had what like 3 pass attempts?  Put him on a team where he's FORCED to be the starter (because the team has no other option) and let him throw the 4 yard slant to a top-10 WR and see how the tables turn.

Put these two guys on a level field and let their QB skills decide who's better.  Not the speed of the guy catching it, or the suicide-blitzing defense.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 11:15:07 am »

Um no.  Marino is better than Fielder because he has better QB skillz.  What does IQ have to do with arm strength and how accurately you can throw a football?

You have to remove the player from the situation where other players can help.  Tebow got paid off one play by Demariyus Thomas.  Not because Tebow is amazing.  And Tebow-ites won't shut up about the one play that THOMAS made that happened to go on Tebow's stat line.

Pat White has had what like 3 pass attempts?  Put him on a team where he's FORCED to be the starter (because the team has no other option) and let him throw the 4 yard slant to a top-10 WR and see how the tables turn.

Put these two guys on a level field and let their QB skills decide who's better.  Not the speed of the guy catching it, or the suicide-blitzing defense.
Huh? I think you are smoking crack sometimes.  I'm pretty sure that there was more than one play in that game. Hmmm maybe you can't read any longer or something? Lol

Years ago you went down defending Fiedler and now Pat White.  I'm a little concerned

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 11:20:45 am »

C'mon Brian.  I bust Tebow's balls a lot, but he was a starting QB for an amount of time that played below average but made some big plays with his feet and the occasional crunch-time throw to win games.  This includes a playoff win, however little meaning that holds -- it's at least SOMETHING.

Pat White has never completed a pass.

They both suck, but Pat White is on an entirely new level of suckitude.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 11:33:49 am »

I agree, they both suck. 

I made the statement that Pat White is a better QB.  Meaning he has a better arm than Tebow.  I stand by it. 

The stats speak for themselves.  Tebow is a leader, and probably a great athlete.  But let's not forget what White did in college.  He was a great college athlete as well. 

They are similar style players, but you can't take Pat White's playing career as evidence that he sucks.  Be fair - he rode pine for almost the entire season.  When called upon, he got knocked out of the league about 4 plays deep into his career.  How can you make a determination based on that?
bsfins
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 12:05:31 pm »

My strange thoughts on Pat white...I don't know.. Undecided ...I think Pat White still has the potential to play QB in the NFL,the Dolphins didn't play him but a few snaps before he got hurt...I think the "Potential" tag is gone on Tebow,Most in the know don't think he can play Qb,other than a gimmicky built around him offense.

I think Pat's biggest advantage (other than still being a mystery) is he can go somewhere,and try to develop in relative obscurity as a back up.The Tebow Circus ruins that for Tim...
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 12:32:29 pm »

If you're going to point to college stats, it will further hurt your argument.  Tebow is one of the best college QBs ever.  His work is college was amazing.  His skills just didn't translate to the NFL.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 12:34:36 pm »

It's no battle of champions they both suck. Debate over! lol
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 01:04:02 pm »

If you're going to point to college stats, it will further hurt your argument.  Tebow is one of the best college QBs ever.  His work is college was amazing.  His skills just didn't translate to the NFL.
Pat White is the only QB in college history to go 4-0 in bowl games.

When the pressure was on, he consistently rose to the occasion... or whatever other silly "clutch" cliches you might prefer instead.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 01:32:56 pm »

Pat White is the only QB in college history to go 4-0 in bowl games.

When the pressure was on, he consistently rose to the occasion... or whatever other silly "clutch" cliches you might prefer instead.
So you're saying White had a better college career? No way you're just arguing for the sake of arguing !! Lol

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 02:23:03 pm »

No, I'm saying they both had good college careers... which is irrelevant because they both suck as pros.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 02:34:45 pm »

Pat White has thrown 5 balls at the NFL level.  All 5 were incomplete.  He never had more than 2 pass attempts in any one game.

I think its awesome how everyone here is capable of judging a guy's skill set completely based on the first 5 throws of a guy's NFL career.

Wow, you should probably all be scouts or GM's or something.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2013, 03:35:33 pm »

Pat White has thrown 5 balls at the NFL level.  All 5 were incomplete.  He never had more than 2 pass attempts in any one game.

While I'm firmly entrenched in the "Both guys suck as NFL QB," I think it's pretty easy to say that Tebow sucked less than White. You might be able to explain away his "Only 5 NFL pass attempts" in 2009 as being due to the team being committed to 2nd year QB, Chad Henne, but what is harder to explain is the fact that he signed with the Virginia Destroyers of the UFL (the United Football League, which is roughly "a half notch above lingerie football") in 2011, but was cut before the season started. Read that again for emphasis...he couldn't even make a UFL roster.

While I can dog Tebow for his trainwreck mechanics, his media circus entourage, and even for his stupid-ass posing, he still had significantly more QB talent than Pat White.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
stinkyfish

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 05:11:30 pm »

How much better may be in question. But there is no question that Tebow is better than White.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2013, 04:49:45 pm »

Pat White just made the Washington Redskins!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray