Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 11:14:10 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Why would you do that?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why would you do that?  (Read 4612 times)
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« on: April 27, 2013, 03:32:48 pm »

Why use up a 5th round pick on a kicker who has a 50% shot of getting cut and whom you could have probably gotten UFA?

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Landshark
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 03:34:57 pm »

Why use up a 5th round pick on a kicker who has a 50% shot of getting cut and whom you could have probably gotten UFA?

You don't cut Groza award candidates and they usually don't make it past the 5th round
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 03:36:14 pm »

Carpenter is as good as gone.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 03:36:41 pm »

I'd drop a friendly dollar that says Caleb Sturgis is Miami's kicker this season...he's got a pretty accurate foot.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 03:38:46 pm »

I really hope you guys are right.  This bothers me because Ireland seemed to be willing to stick with him through everything up to this point.  That's why I have to question it.  They've shown no indication that anyone other than Carpenter is going to be the kicker on the roster to this point.

Landshark
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 03:41:31 pm »

I really hope you guys are right.  This bothers me because Ireland seemed to be willing to stick with him through everything up to this point.  That's why I have to question it.  They've shown no indication that anyone other than Carpenter is going to be the kicker on the roster to this point.

Caprenter's cap number is over $2 million this year. That's a lot of cap space for a kicker, and his play last year didn't justify this salary
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 03:42:24 pm »

ok but with all that said, you still need a DB and maybe even another WR you can't draft them both now with only one pick.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 03:46:12 pm »

He isn't getting cut. Carpenter will be gone soon
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 06:02:40 pm »

He isn't getting cut. Carpenter will be gone soon

Agreed....alos, we can't forget all those missed IMPORTANT FG's from last year on a team not expecting to be competitive.  How, can we trust him now?...with all the present expectations.  Good bye Dan, good luck elsewhere!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 06:23:12 am »

ok but with all that said, you still need a DB and maybe even another WR you can't draft them both now with only one pick.

They drafted 3 DB's how many more should they have taken?  Miami actually likes the young WR's on their practice squad and guys they took last year. Miami's first 3 WR's are set, finding that 4th WR,who they feel is already on the roster, wasn't a need this year in this draft.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 11:22:38 am »

They drafted 3 DB's how many more should they have taken?

I missed the Will Davis pick.  Sue me.

Miami actually likes the young WR's on their practice squad and guys they took last year. Miami's first 3 WR's are set, finding that 4th WR,who they feel is already on the roster, wasn't a need this year in this draft.

If they hadn't traded Bess away, maybe.  You now have Wallace and Brian Hartline on the outside, Dustin Keller can be split out.

I'm not sold on Rishard Matthews and if you go by the roster right now http://www.nfl.com/teams/miamidolphins/roster?team=MIA that leaves who exaclty?

Brian Tyms (never heard of him)
Brandon Gibson (?)
Armon Binns
Jeff Fuller. 

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 11:25:13 am »

^^ Brandon Gibson isn't a question mark. He is a legit NFL quality WR who has produced in this league the past couple years
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 11:30:11 am »

174 catches over 4 years and 2100 yards with 9 touchdowns... In a passing league?  We'll see...

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 11:33:11 am »

174 catches over 4 years and 2100 yards with 9 touchdowns... In a passing league?  We'll see...

On terrible teams with no talent around him! 1-15 team, 2-14 team and two 7-9 teams!! Look Gibson isn't the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice but he is a legit #3 WR in the NFL. And not a question mark player by any means
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray