Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:29:47 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  MLB Hot Stove 2013 - Trades,and trade rumors...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: MLB Hot Stove 2013 - Trades,and trade rumors...  (Read 10191 times)
bsfins
« on: June 28, 2013, 12:31:24 pm »

Well,it's that time of year, I love it and hate....More hate in the recent years,as My Cubs have been sellers....

My Cubs  thoughts.....(since we seem to be on of the teams that have rag the dinner bell...)
I'm fine with them selling pretty much the whole team...Marmol's Gone..YIPPEE!

My problem is most trades,we seem to trade for AA (or lower) guy's,or guys that never seem to pan out.

Too many of these trades IMO - The Ian Stewart,for Mathieu,and Colvin (there was someone else in there too) just bit us in the ass again.Releasing Stewart after his twitter rant,even though he ws hitting .161 in AAA

The Sean Marshall trade,we got Travis Wood,(Sappelt has been a disappointing) These are the type trades we need,People that help the MLB team in this year or next...

People I really don't want to trade...
Rizzo,Travis Wood - who I can see the upside in,even thought the big contract scares me a bit.He's not going anywhere not rumored to...but I thought I'd be clear and saying I don't want to trade him either....

Nate Schierholtz- This one seems odd to most people,he's having a career year,and just signed this past offseason...Earlier it was David Dejesus,another guy I like,before he got hurt....I feel you have to keep 1 of these two.

Guy's I'm on the fence about....
Jeff Samardzija - I don't think he'll be traded this year,but read a CBS sportsline article,that mentioned his contract situation,limited starting experience,and wanting to play for a winner... Undecided

See Schierholtz....

Guy's trade them...
Castro- I just don't see it,I was disappointed when we signed him to a contract extension.Yeah,I get it, He's young,he's young...But He's the exact opposite of what the organization keeps saying they want,and you can't change a tigers stripes.

Soriano,Garza,Feldman,Edwin Jackson,Gregg,Villanueva,Camp,Russell...For me the one that Hurts,but I'd be ok trading is Darwin Barney...I love to watch him play second base...

Sorry for my Cubs rant.....Most of the Cubs team has been rumored to be traded... Cheesy

Post your trades,and trade rumors here....
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 02:52:36 pm »

Here's hoping some team takes A-Rod off the Yankees hands, or at least MLB suspends him for the rest of the season.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 02:54:03 pm »

As someone who despises the Yankees, my most sincere hope is that the Yanks sign A-Rod and Cashman to lifetime contracts immediately. Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
el diablo
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 03:16:00 pm »

Here's hoping some team takes A-Rod off the Yankees hands, or at least MLB suspends him for the rest of the season.

What team would possibly trade for A-Roid?
bsfins
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 01:34:07 pm »

@keithlaw: Orioles acquire Scott Feldman and Tony Clevenger from the Cubs for Jake Arrietta, Pedro Strop, and int'l bonus slots.

Tony Clevenger is a typo it's Steve Clevenger...I liked catcher Steve Clevenger,Loved it last year when we played the Nationals,and He got thrown out of he game for arguing Balls and strikes while at bat....He Seemed to piss off the front office the past couple of days,and was suddenly gone.Yesterday he was told to pack his stuff and go to the hotel,and wait...He wasn't being called up....

Arietta- Woohoo a Missouri guy  Cheesy

Scott Feldman seemed to get better as the year went on...We signed him as a rental guy,so hard to cry that he's gone...

I'm curious to know where Marmol goes,Rumored the Dodgers last night...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 01:36:25 pm by Lil B » Logged
bsfins
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 02:08:04 pm »

@CSNMooney: Cubs obtain RHP Matt Guerrier and give up No. 4 international signing bonus slot to complete Carlos Marmol trade with Dodgers.

Marmol to the Dodgers....and We gave up international money...

Then the Cubs traded
@GDubCub: Cubs also get two of Houston's international slots/pool$$ for minor league infielder Ronald Torreys.

We got him in the Sean Marshall deal along with Sappelt,and Wood....

This international money being traded is going to give me a headache.... Grin Cheesy
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 02:10:57 pm »

Just what we need another headcase in the bullpen!!!!!  Angry

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 02:54:56 pm »

Just what we need another headcase in the bullpen!!!!!  Angry 

What the Dodgers "need" is to trade Yasiel Puig to the Padres...as soon as humanly possible. Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 04:10:37 pm »

What the Dodgers "need" is to trade Yasiel Puig to the Padres...as soon as humanly possible. Grin

Hey you back up off of Puig......you can have Ethier lol!!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 04:43:32 pm »

Don't want Ethier, but in exchange for Puig, we'll give you Carlos Quentin. He's a decent hitter, especially outside of the batter's box. Wink

~ Micah Leggat
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 06:42:29 pm »

^^^
I think he would be better suited playing for the Chargers.  Wink

P.S. Looks like the Suns just landed Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler for Dudley and a 2nd round pick. Not a bad trade for the Suns Bledsoe is a talented player if he can stay healthy!!!!!

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 11:00:30 pm »

^^^ Looks like the Suns are stockpiling PGs. They already had Dragic, and drafted Archie Goodwin in the first round last week.  Hopefully this won't lift us too far up the standings...I still want a top-3 pick next draft, so we can get one of the top tier of that studly draft class.

~ Micah Leggat
bsfins
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 11:45:20 am »

and According to Peter Gammons twitter feed...The Dodgers have already Designated Marmol for Assignment.. Shocked
@pgammo: Turns out the Dodgers only wanted the Int'l cap $, as they designated Marmol for aassignment
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 12:35:52 pm »

^^^^
That is great news!!!!!

bsfins
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 12:57:53 pm »

Bad news Az,It's not quite....right...after wading through a bunch of tweets....
@JonHeymanCBS: Marmol is on outright waivers, as @pgammo said. It's procedural, so he can go to minors, which he agreed to. Needs to pitch
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray