Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 10:44:37 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  MLB Hot Stove 2013 - Trades,and trade rumors...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: MLB Hot Stove 2013 - Trades,and trade rumors...  (Read 10162 times)
bsfins
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 12:26:19 pm »

(old news from last night) Cubs trade Scott Hairston to the Nationals for Class A RH Ivan Pineyro. Also reported they both are kicking in a PTBNL...

We really weren't using Hairston,I thought he was a good pick up for us when we signed him,but didn't really work out well...I like Ryan  Sweeney (Currently on DL) and Brian Bogusevic,much better than Hairston...We also have Dave Sappelt,Julio Borbon (Dejesus on DL,Soriano (hopefully we'll trade him),and Nate Schierholtz)) already So he was a spare part...

I admit I was hoping we were getting some international money,as the Cubs are over the "Spending Cap" with our International signings...

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 12:32:31 pm by Lil B » Logged
el diablo
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 05:06:23 pm »

Didn't he hit a HR last night?
bsfins
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 06:39:11 pm »

Yup, 1 Friday,then 1 Sunday....8 of his 17 hits this year were Hr's,7 of his 8 Hr's this season were at Wrigley...All his Hr's were against Lefty's
el diablo
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 12:15:44 am »

The bigger question is does this make your Cubs better in the long run?
bsfins
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 01:44:33 pm »

Yes... Undecided We traded a now player for a future player.I guess we got a pretty good young pitcher for a part time player,I don't know enough about him to determine that or not...

My cheese and wine....err whine with it is...

Hey Soriano hit another Home run,and stole 2 bases last night..Let's trade him! please.... Grin

I thought Hairston might get traded,but we'd try to trade Schierholtz,Dejesus,or Soriano first. Leaving a relatively cheap 2 yr 5 mil Hairston,that could be platooned with someone else if we trade 1 or 2 of those guy's. Hairston gone,and a few injuries,and things in the minors...IMO means we're less likely to trade Soriano...The downside of this trade...

bsfins
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 11:08:08 pm »

@Ken_Rosenthal: Trade: #RedSox announce acquisition of LHP Matt Thornton and cash from #WhiteSox in exchange for OF Brandon Jacobs.
el diablo
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2013, 10:07:41 pm »

So, what was Garza's crime against the Cubs?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, 11:43:51 pm »

^^^ Having value

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
el diablo
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 04:57:52 am »

^^^^ Touche', Mr.Stroke.
Landshark
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 08:58:52 am »

Hey Soriano hit another Home run,and stole 2 bases last night..Let's trade him! please.... Grin

Looks like Soriano is heading back to the Yankees
el diablo
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 11:10:06 pm »

With Tim Hudson now out with a fractured ankle. And Beachy on his way back from rehab. It will be interesting to see if the Braves try to make a move. If any. They are enjoying an 8 game lead in the division.
bsfins
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2013, 07:46:57 pm »

Multiple Cubs Beat writers are reporting....Theo told Sveum  to pull Alfonso Soriano out of the line up tonight,a Deal with the Yankees is 99% of the way done...

I'm yelling,and dancing around my house like a mad fool,hopefully no one calls the police on me...I'm so ecstatic to hear this!
el diablo
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 12:44:29 pm »

Pirates look like they mean business with their acquisition of Justin Morneau. Its shaping up to be an exciting NL postseason. The Braves, Cardinals, Dodgers, & Pirates all have the ability to be hot during the postseason.
el diablo
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2013, 07:50:23 pm »

Damn Yankees strike again. Brian McCann just signed a 5yr/$85 mil deal with them. He will be sorely missed among my fellow Braves fans.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2013, 08:06:18 pm »

Yankees strike again? They punted the 2013 season by not spending money on REAL players, they may do the same in 2014 if this is their only signing, which it may be to stay under $189 Million.

As far as the signing goes, it's pretty much exactly what it should be. It's a good deal for both sides. McCann gets paid and the Yankees pay market value for a very good catcher. He is30 in February, but the deal isn't too long, like what Cano wants, so it's fine.

No complaints here, unlike last season when they gave a washed up Ichiro 2 years in hopes of drawing crowds(they didn't)instead of winning games.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray