Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 06:11:25 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Classy move by Patriots: Jersey Exchange
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Classy move by Patriots: Jersey Exchange  (Read 15414 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« on: June 28, 2013, 04:59:09 pm »

The Patriots are giving fans free jersey exchange this weekend, allowing people to rid themselves of scumbag Hernandez jerseys and replace them with another.

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-ProShop-To-Offer-Free-Exchange-On-81-Jerseys-July-6-7/f0e0d7e3-cb8f-442f-9a48-29f1e551b228

I think this is a great move by the Patriots organization and applaud them for doing so.  Good for them.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 05:27:32 pm »

Wow.  This is unprecedented.  They're just trying to airbrush history.  Good on them.

I drink your milkshake!
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 05:45:14 pm »

Classy move......

P.S. Fuck the Patriots.....now I feel better!!!!!  Wink

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 06:39:24 pm »

Nice. 

I wonder how many people will exchange it for a Tebow jersey.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:47:57 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Landshark
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 06:53:09 pm »

Nice. 

I wonder how many people will exchange it for a Tebow jersey.

Will one even be made?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 07:21:23 pm »

Will one even be made?

Yup you can buy them at the Pats pro shop. 

Keep in mind this guy has a loyal following.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 07:54:34 pm »

Will one even be made?
This is very cool of the Patriots to do. It would be nice if teams could do this with players they trade away too.

Merchandising is the one thing everyone agrees on about Tebow. You know they've got them already!!!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 08:04:10 pm »

^^ He isn't even a lock to be on the opening day roster.  Pathetic.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 08:56:14 pm »

Yup you can buy them at the Pats pro shop. 

Keep in mind this guy has a loyal following.

And that loyal following has been screwed over buying his merchandise because he changes teams every year cause he sucks!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 09:00:23 pm »

The Patriots are giving fans free jersey exchange this weekend, allowing people to rid themselves of scumbag Hernandez jerseys and replace them with another.

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-ProShop-To-Offer-Free-Exchange-On-81-Jerseys-July-6-7/f0e0d7e3-cb8f-442f-9a48-29f1e551b228

I think this is a great move by the Patriots organization and applaud them for doing so.  Good for them.

Wait why just Hernandez? If someone owns a Welker or Lloyd jersey or whoever is no longer on the team they should be able to swap that out too.  I won't knock the Pats for doing this but they should have took it a step further. Any jersey of a guy who isn't on team you should be able to swap out!! Now that is giving something back to your fanbase.

What they are doing is just trying to erase Hernandez's name from their history and act like he was never there. So when CBS shoots a crowd shot going into a commercial next year you don't see any 81 Jerseys's. If they really cared about their fan base let them swap out a Welker jersey or a Lloyd jersey too!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 09:51:48 pm »

Of course its a PR move to get rid of Hernandez.  Not surprising.  The other players were removed because the team no longer was interested in keeping them.  Hernandez is in jail for allegedly murdering someone.  What parent is going to let their kids wear a Hernandez jersey now?  At least Welker isn't a negative influence.

Pretty big difference.
Landshark
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 10:08:03 pm »

Wait why just Hernandez? If someone owns a Welker or Lloyd jersey or whoever is no longer on the team they should be able to swap that out too.  I won't knock the Pats for doing this but they should have took it a step further. Any jersey of a guy who isn't on team you should be able to swap out!! Now that is giving something back to your fanbase.

What they are doing is just trying to erase Hernandez's name from their history and act like he was never there. So when CBS shoots a crowd shot going into a commercial next year you don't see any 81 Jerseys's. If they really cared about their fan base let them swap out a Welker jersey or a Lloyd jersey too!

Welker and Lloyd aren't facing murder charges.   Enough said.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 10:19:38 pm »

Welker and Lloyd aren't facing murder charges.   Enough said.

That wasn't my point. It's a shameless PR move. Don't act like NE cares about its fans by doing this. They don't. They just dont' want to see any 81 jerseys. If they cared about their fans they would let you exchange any jersey of a guy no longer on the team.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 12:44:23 am »

If they cared about their fans they would let you exchange any jersey of a guy no longer on the team. 

If they cared about their fans - and had the business sense of a retarded 6-year old - they would let you exchange any jersey of a guy no longer on the team.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
phinphan
Uber Member

dcphinsphan dcphinsphan
Email
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2013, 01:46:54 am »

This kinda shows they did know he was gonna pop. They already had a plan in place.
hmmmmmmm kinda makes you think?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray