Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 06:02:37 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Classy move by Patriots: Jersey Exchange
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Classy move by Patriots: Jersey Exchange  (Read 15413 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2014, 10:56:52 am »

Patriots now have a formal policy regarding players cut within a year of purchase.

Shop with confidence!  The Patriots ProShop Jersey Guarantee (“Guarantee”) offers customers a 25% discount on a new New England Patriots jersey if the player named on back of the jersey they purchased is no longer under contract (as defined below) with the Patriots within one year of the purchase subject to the terms and restrictions below.

OFFICIAL JERSEY GUARANTEE POLICY

How it works: Customers who purchase a full-price Adult (Men’s or Ladies’) or Youth Patriots jersey on or after May 8th, 2014, either online or at one of the stores listed below, automatically qualify for the Guarantee.  In the event the player is no longer under contract (for example, is released, traded, retires, signs elsewhere) within one year of the jersey purchase, the customer can purchase a new jersey as described below at a 25% discount with proof of purchase.  If the player is still under contract with the Patriots upon expiration of the one-year period, the Guarantee expires.

Guarantee terms and restrictions: 

·         “Under contract” is defined as part of the 53-man roster (Active & Inactive lists), Practice Squad, Physically Unable to Perform list, Injured Reserve or Non-football Injury or Illness list.  In the case of a lockout, strike or other work stoppage, the most recent Patriots roster shall be deemed to be the list of players under contract for purposes of the Guarantee only.

·         The Guarantee applies only if the customer originally paid full price (excluding the season ticketholder discount) for the jersey on or after May 8th, 2014

·         The Guarantee does not apply to the purchase of former player jerseys, Game Worn or Team Issued jerseys, custom jerseys, infant, toddler, or preschool jerseys, or jerseys purchased at a discount (e.g., store-wide or item-based sale) with the exception of the season ticketholder discount

·         Customers can only redeem their Guarantee for 25% off the purchase of one, full-price jersey of the same type (Adult or Youth) of equivalent value to the jersey they originally purchased

·         Redemption is available through PatriotsProShop.com, the Patriots ProShop at Gillette Stadium, or the Patriots ProShop Collection by presenting the original receipt; jersey options are subject to availability

·         Redemption must occur within 60 days of the transaction that deems the player no longer under contract

·         Discount does not apply to sales tax or shipping and handling

·         The Guarantee cannot be combined with any other offers, coupons or discounts

·         The Guarantee is not transferrable and has no cash value

·         Patriots ProShop may modify or discontinue this Guarantee program at any time but it will honor the Guarantee for all jerseys purchased while the program is in effect

http://proshop.patriots.com/jerseyguarantee

While I am sure some will find flaws with this policy, it is better than nothing.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2014, 11:26:46 am »

Pretty cool policy. I wonder if this is going to catch on around the NFL. This is good publicity for their Patriot stores and should draw in additional sales.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2014, 11:45:13 am »

^^ I'm more likely to purchase from the Patriots store thanks to this policy, than say Amazon, Fanatics, or some other place.  Good move.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2014, 02:03:44 pm »

^^ I'm more likely to purchase from the Patriots store thanks to this policy, than say Amazon, Fanatics, or some other place.  Good move.

I didn't think the Patriots proshop would offer much you would want.   Grin

I think that is the idea.  Wouldn't make much difference if one was buying a Brady jersey, but for a Revis Jersey (not that I would buy one of those) it would. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2014, 08:58:53 am »

It's a nice concept and a fan friendly gesture to continue this going forward
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray