Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 04:04:28 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Did I miss something...why is Denver hosting?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Did I miss something...why is Denver hosting?  (Read 1571 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: August 31, 2013, 07:59:55 pm »

My understanding is that the winning team of the superbowl hosts the first game of the season. 

The Ravens won the superbowl. 

The opening game is Balt @ Denver. 

Huh confused  Huh

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 08:30:05 pm »

There was an issue with the Orioles playing at the same time.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/03/22/ravens-to-play-on-the-road-in-nfls-season-opening-game/
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 08:32:24 pm »

This was a big deal when the schedules were released. The Ravens and Orioles share a parking lot, and the Orioles are on a homestand on that date. They couldn't be budged either, so the Ravens end up opening on the road instead of at home.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/21932636/orioles-wont-budge-ravens-season-opener-will-be-on-the-road

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 08:33:00 pm »

Sorry, Mec...didn't see you'd answered the Q already.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Landshark
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 11:43:53 pm »

I'm still dumbfounded that the Ravens agreed to it. If I were the Ravens owner, I would've put the onus on them to reschedule.  Its not like the Orioles have won anything recently
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 12:45:51 am »

I'm still dumbfounded that the Ravens agreed to it. If I were the Ravens owner, I would've put the onus on them to reschedule.  Its not like the Orioles have won anything recently

The Ravens owner doesn't have any authority along those lines, and what makes you think that the Orioles not winning recently has anything to do with the parking lot sharing agreement that both organizations signed?

~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 12:58:44 am »

You can't make the Orioles move a game they had scheduled LONG BEFORE the Ravens did.

The Ravens were offered to open up at home on MONDAY NIGHT but they didn't want too. They wanted the extra days of rest between Week 1 and 2 by playing on a Thursday, so they decided to play Week 1 on the road. It was there choice, if they aren't upset about it nobody else should be.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray