Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 06:48:33 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Official Black Monday 2013 thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Official Black Monday 2013 thread  (Read 16051 times)
Landshark
« on: September 23, 2013, 08:45:53 am »

Tom Coughlin-  The 2011 Giants were mediocre all year, then suddenly turned up the heat in December and played brilliantly throughout the playoffs.  They slid back to mediocrity last season, and have given up 115 points in three games, including a 38-0 shellacking at the hands of the Carolina Panthers.  Coughlin's military style camps are constantly bemoaned by players, and at one point, he was voted the NFL coach that players least want to play for

Leslie Frazier- With the young weapons the Vikings have on offense, you would think they would be better than that 0-3 record they currently sport.  Especially when one of the teams is the Cleveland Browns.  But alas, there they are.

Mike Tomlin- Ever since that pass from Tim Tebow to Demariyus Thomas knocked the Steelers out of the 2011 playoffs, nothing has gone right in Pittsburgh.  The defense is aging and crumbling like an old building.

Mike Shannahan- He's been widely criticized for how he handled RGIII and has been blamed as the root cause for the quarterback's knee injury.  RGIII has improved since week one despite missing all of the preseason.  But is it too late to play catch up now that the Skins are in a 0-3 hole?

Greg Schiano- It's only his second year as Bucs coach and they are coming off a season where they improved.  But they lost a game they should've won easily in week one.  Revis wants out, and word is getting out that Schiano is very abraisive and not a likeable guy

Gus Bradley- I know it's only his first year in Jacksonville but the Jaguars have not come close to even putting up a fight in any of the games they've played.

Updated title. Lets see how many I got right.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:29:34 pm by Landshark » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 09:14:07 am »

I think the Tom Coughlin one is a joke. 8 years with the Giants and 2 Super Bowl Wins. He's only missed the playoffs three times.  I get people being disappointed but that's a bit ridiculous. Even for New York.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 10:11:11 am »

Moronic list.   

When was the last time the Steelers fired a coach?  Mike Tomlin's job is safe.  Plus the only reason you listed -- an aging defense is on the GM not the coach.  Pitts is not NE, the coach doesn't make the personal decisions.

Tom Coughlin is a two time superbowl winner, he isn't getting fired even if the Giants go 0-16.  That would put him on the hot seat for 2014, but he isn't getting fired this year.  The year Coughlin was voted least favorite coach, Bill Belichick came in third -- popularity and ability to rack up wins are not correlated.

Gus Bradley - first year coaches rarely get fired.  Unless the team is 1-15 or 0-16 he won't be fired.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Landshark
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 10:16:53 am »

I think the Tom Coughlin one is a joke. 8 years with the Giants and 2 Super Bowl Wins. He's only missed the playoffs three times.  I get people being disappointed but that's a bit ridiculous. Even for New York.

You know how the NFL is.  It's a "What have you done for me lately" league.  Bill Callahan was let go in Oakland one year after a Super Bowl appearance.  Hell, Jimmy Johnson was fired in Dallas immediately after winning two Super Bowls.  If the Giants have a dismal season, seeing Tom Coughlin get the ax is not as far fetched as you may think
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 10:58:55 am »

Tom Coughlin is NOT on the hot seat that is laughable on every level. The owners love him up there

Landshark
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 11:03:57 am »

Tom Coughlin is NOT on the hot seat that is laughable on every level. The owners love him up there

Let's see how much they love him if he loses the locker room.  That could happen to any one of the teams/coaches I listed above.  Although from what I see, the atmosphere is ripe for it to happen in Tampa

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:43:11 am by Landshark » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 11:41:37 am »

Let's see how much they love him if he loses the locker room.  That could happen to any one of the teams/coaches I listed above.  Although from what I see, the atmosphere is ripe for it to happen in Tampa

You don't know much about the Giants do ya? Coughlin isn't losing the locker room! The man has won 2 Super Bowls in 5 years and is with an organization that rarely fires their head coach and the QB loves him and the players love him. He is coaching there until he wants to retire.

Tampa is a different story but most of the rest of the list is laughable too. Like Tomlin, seriously...come on! Hot Seat? lol..that's a joke! who is losing the locker room? You are pulling that out of thin air. Seriously, you have nothing to back it up

Pittsburgh has had 3 head coaches TOTAL since 1969....now they will FIRE Tomlin after 1 rough season? lol, you are lost on this issue!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:46:21 am by MikeO » Logged
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 01:05:01 pm »

Tampas coach looks lost???

...after that..maybe Minnesota 's coach and Shanahan's time might be near in Washington.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 01:15:32 pm »

You know how the NFL is.  It's a "What have you done for me lately" league.  Bill Callahan was let go in Oakland one year after a Super Bowl appearance.  Hell, Jimmy Johnson was fired in Dallas immediately after winning two Super Bowls.  

The NFL is 32 unique teams.

Gaints and Steeler don't operate in the same knee jerk reaction mode as Oakland or the Cowboys

Landshark
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 08:26:02 pm »

You don't know much about the Giants do ya? Coughlin isn't losing the locker room! The man has won 2 Super Bowls in 5 years and is with an organization that rarely fires their head coach and the QB loves him and the players love him. He is coaching there until he wants to retire.

Tampa is a different story but most of the rest of the list is laughable too. Like Tomlin, seriously...come on! Hot Seat? lol..that's a joke! who is losing the locker room? You are pulling that out of thin air. Seriously, you have nothing to back it up

Pittsburgh has had 3 head coaches TOTAL since 1969....now they will FIRE Tomlin after 1 rough season? lol, you are lost on this issue!

You're right.  I have nothing to back it up.  It's early in the season.  And so far, I'm not saying that ANY of these coaches will be fired.  But the teams they coach are all 0-3, and are playing like crap.  Meanwhile, Fat Rex's Jets are 2-1 and the heat on his seat just got turned down from boiling to simmering.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 09:06:09 pm »

You're right.  I have nothing to back it up. 

Could have stopped right there!
Landshark
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 09:08:49 pm »

Could have stopped right there!

Maybe I should enroll you in Early Speculation 101
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 09:15:02 pm »

All you did was list the 0-3 coaches with zero rational. 

Caughlin is not on the hot seat, the team is off to a bad start.  And Eli is not on the verge of getting cut either. 

Rex isn't off the hot seat because he won two games.  He needs to have a great season to keep his job.  The coach of the Steelers merely needs to win a couple of games this season to keep his. 

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 09:31:42 pm »

Speculation would have rational behind it. You have none. Like I said, Pittsburgh has had 3 coaches TOTAL since 1969...if you think their is "speculation" they would fire Tomlin (who has 2 super bowl appearances and one SB trophy in recent years) because he had 1 bad year in which his team has a lot of injuries....you are nuts! You aren't speculating anything. You are making stuff up out of thin air with no basis to back it up. It's foolish and laughable.

Tom Coughlin is beloved by the Mara and Tish family's that own the Giants. BELOVED! He could go 0-16 and he wouldn't get fired. Tom's brother just died last week so try coaching with that on your plate too. This year could be a disaster for the Giants but no way in hell Coughlin would get fired. It's not the Giants style and they absolutely love Coughlin, anyone who knows even a little about the Giants and that situation would know that. And if you think he runs "military type camps" still....you just don't know the situation. He stopped that stuff a few years back and runs a light camp these days. He changed his ways and well, he got 2 SB rings out of it! Once again not speculation you are just making stuff up and throwing it out there with nothing to back it up. That isn't speculation that is just making up rumors.

And you are DEAD WRONG about Rex, if anything his seat is getting hotter. Because anyone with a clue knows Week 1 they should of lost but got handed a gift by the stupid penalty by the TB linebacker. And yesterday they got handed another gift because when you commit 20 penalties in a game...you shouldn't win. It was a FLUKE! The Jets should be 0-3 and "educated football fans" know they have been very lucky.  They have been lucky, real lucky and hey god bless them. Can't take away the 2 wins they count, but be realistic about it. And at seasons end when Woody and Idzik evaluate their situation they will know Rex was "lucky" rather than "good." And if the Jets don't win another game all year I wouldn't be shocked. They got Cincy, Balt, Atlanta, Miami (twice), NE, New Orleans, Panthers, Pitt, hell even Cleveland is no gimmie for them. Aside from Oakland I don't see a winnable game on their schedule.

Listing every 0-3 team and saying their head coach is in trouble is just silly. Each situation is different and you are throwing out names that have no chance of getting fired that isn't "speculating" its just being flat out wrong!

Landshark
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 08:27:39 pm »

Tom Coughlin is beloved by the Mara and Tish family's that own the Giants. BELOVED! He could go 0-16 and he wouldn't get fired. Tom's brother just died last week so try coaching with that on your plate too. This year could be a disaster for the Giants but no way in hell Coughlin would get fired. It's not the Giants style and they absolutely love Coughlin, anyone who knows even a little about the Giants and that situation would know that. And if you think he runs "military type camps" still....you just don't know the situation. He stopped that stuff a few years back and runs a light camp these days. He changed his ways and well, he got 2 SB rings out of it! Once again not speculation you are just making stuff up and throwing it out there with nothing to back it up. That isn't speculation that is just making up rumors.

Nothing to back it up eh?  After today's debacle in KC, there are quite a few Giants fans on the airwaves calling for Coughlin's head.  I suggest we revisit this at the end of the season.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray