Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 04:41:43 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Ten thoughts on Saints 38, Dolphins 17
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Ten thoughts on Saints 38, Dolphins 17  (Read 8491 times)
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 06:31:05 am »

Neither of you can possibly believe that he would do the same thing in Indy- where three is a legit offense and you can't stack the box- that he did in Cleveland. -EK
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 11:20:37 am »

I haven't seen anyone mention the fact that Wake sat out the Saints game, and a couple defensive players weren't 100%.  I'm not saying that Miami would have won the game, but I think it definitely would have been closer.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 11:50:50 am »

Neither of you can possibly believe that he would do the same thing in Indy- where three is a legit offense and you can't stack the box- that he did in Cleveland.
In the two games with CLE, he was averaging 3.4 yards per rush and 7.3 yards per catch (78 yards from scrimmage per game).
In the two games with IND, he is averaging 2.9 yards per rush and 6 yards per catch (50 yards from scrimmage per game).

The only stat he hasn't gotten worse in since the trade is TDs, which probably has something to do with the fact that IND scored more points in the 2nd quarter against JAX than CLE did in two full games against MIA and BAL.  But as far as actually getting the ball down the field to be in position to score... Richardson was better with CLE.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 12:20:21 pm »

LMAO at him being better as a Brown. He's in a new system with 2 games under his belt. See if you're singing a different tune week 17. -EK
Diehard_Dolfan

Dolphins,Canes,Heat

jmd161@hotmail.com jmd161
Email
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 12:27:58 pm »

LMAO at him being better as a Brown. He's in a new system with 2 games under his belt. See if you're singing a different tune week 17. -EK

Make up your mind! 

You bring Trent Richardson into the discussion then when Spider-Dan hits you with actual stats you then say wait until wk 17... SMH!

What the hell did you bring him up for then?   You really are a troll and a bad one at that!
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 12:57:59 pm »

You're missing the point entirely- Miami did not play the same Indy team (without Richardson) that they would see if they played them in a few weeks (or, say, the playoffs) when he's comfortable in the system. Saying he's a worse player there in a new system- and splitting carries in one of those games with Bradshaw- than he was in Cleveland is beyond dumb. -EK
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 01:31:21 pm »

Your direct quote:

Is it a lucky break that Indy picked up Richardson after Miami played them? The way Sproles ran all over Miami last night, I wonder what Trent might have done if he were in Indy for that game, which, let's not forget, Miami squeaked by in as well.
Had IND picked up Richardson a game earlier, it would have been his first game in IND's system.  And after a full year in CLE's system, MIA had no problem handling him.

I'm not sure why you think the Dolphins are supposed to be scared of a player they easily shut down.  Oh no, what if the Browns had traded for Roddy White in the offseason?  So scary!

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2013, 01:39:34 pm »

Make up your mind! 

You bring Trent Richardson into the discussion then when Spider-Dan hits you with actual stats you then say wait until wk 17... SMH!

What the hell did you bring him up for then?   You really are a troll and a bad one at that!

Exactly! He brings Trent up then has no stance to back up his original claim.  "Troll Logic" at work!
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2013, 06:24:32 pm »

Riiiiiiiiiiight. Because the system you're in and the players around you (ie, no QB, no WRs, no offensive threat other than a TE in CLeveland) make NO difference in how a player performs. I guess it's just coincidence that both Marshall and Bush have put up monster numbers since leaving Miami as well, right? Has nothing to do with the fact that teams could focus on them when they were in Miami, the same way teams focused on Richardson in Cleveland.

The Indy team Miami beat two weeks ago is no where near the same team they will be one Trent learns their offense. You guys don't honestly believe he's going to continue putting up less than three yards a carry all year there do you?

Wait- maybe you do. This is the same group of people who I told Wallace was a 50 yard per game receiver who wouldn't produce for Miami, and you're now shocked when he's averaging 44 yrds per game and not living up to his contract. Those aqua and orange glasses really cloud judgement I see. -EK
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 06:40:42 pm »

The team you're on makes a difference in your production, and you can't judge a player when he's just starting in a new system.

Unless his name is Ryan Tannehill (in which case you can declare his career a bust at halftime of his first game) or Mike Wallace (in which case you can declare that he is "not producing" after game #1 and that he has "failed to live up to his contract" after game #4).

Carry on.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 06:45:29 pm »

The team you're on makes a difference in your production, and you can't judge a player when he's just starting in a new system.

Which is my point with Richardson.

Unless his name is Ryan Tannehill (in which case you can declare his career a bust at halftime of his first game) or Mike Wallace (in which case you can declare that he is "not producing" after game #1 and that he has "failed to live up to his contract" after game #4).

Carry on.

Really? What has Tannehill done to change that perspective? 1:1 TD: INT ratio. Leads the league in fumbles. And he wasn't in a new system, was he? He had the same OC and same system he ran in college. How's that a "new system?"

And Wallace? I declared he wasn't producing for a season and a half. His numbers for the past 28 games have been consistently bad. His last 24 games in Pittsburgh were what I referred to before he started stinking up the field for Miami. Explain how the 24 games before he came to Miami are not a valid sample size. I genuinely want to hear the ridiculous spin you put on this. In case you've forgotten, his numbers over those 24 games in a Steelers uniform- BEFORE he came to Miami- were 54 yards per game, and 12 TDs. I was pretty clear BEFORE he played a game for Miami in saying he wouldn't live up to the contract he signed. So, how exactly is that only a 4 game sample size? -EK
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:53:25 pm by EKnight » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 07:37:30 pm »

Really? What has Tannehill done to change that perspective? 1:1 TD: INT ratio. Leads the league in fumbles. And he wasn't in a new system, was he? He had the same OC and same system he ran in college. How's that a "new system?"

Also #1 rated QB on 3rd down passer rating and #1 rated QB in the red zone. But why let facts get in the way of another silly rant!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2013, 10:06:43 pm »

Which is my point with Richardson.

And Wallace? I declared he wasn't producing for a season and a half. His numbers for the past 28 games have been consistently bad. His last 24 games in Pittsburgh were what I referred to before he started stinking up the field for Miami. Explain how the 24 games before he came to Miami are not a valid sample size. I genuinely want to hear the ridiculous spin you put on this. In case you've forgotten, his numbers over those 24 games in a Steelers uniform- BEFORE he came to Miami- were 54 yards per game, and 12 TDs. I was pretty clear BEFORE he played a game for Miami in saying he wouldn't live up to the contract he signed. So, how exactly is that only a 4 game sample size? -EK
It doesn't matter what you say, I really can't take a Panthers fan seriously.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2013, 06:59:41 am »

Also #1 rated QB on 3rd down passer rating and #1 rated QB in the red zone. But why let facts get in the way of another silly rant!

Sorry- forgot that only the stats that SUPPORT your POV, not ALL of the stats, are what counts. Amazing that the "facts" about Tannehill at this point in his career show him to be slightly WORSE than Chad Henne, who got lambasted for his play:

Through 20 games: Tannehill 10-10 record 17 TDs/18 INTs/15 fumbles. Henne was 11-9, 20/20.

Sorry, are those FACTS pissing in your Wheaties?

Still awaiting from Spider how RT was in a "new system," or how a year and a half of poor play in Pittsburgh constitutes 4 games.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2013, 07:31:17 am »

Sorry, are those FACTS pissing in your Wheaties?

You are one angry little troll! Nice to see you can cut and paste stats from the Miami Herald and pass stats off ass your own without giving the paper credit. Nobody said he was going to Canton and most 2nd year QB's dont have stellar numbers early on in their career. Doesn't mean they won't improve. How many INT's did Peyton Manning have 20 games in his carrer and what was his record?  Let's not just compare him to Henne lets compare him to ALL QB's 20 games in their career and see where he stacks up. Don't "cherry pick" stats again like you always do! You LOVE cherry picking stats!!

Once again, why are you on this website if you hate the Dolphins so much and aren't a fan of the team? Your act is old and tired at this point
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:33:55 am by MikeO » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray