Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 03:42:40 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  MLS Expanding to Miami
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: MLS Expanding to Miami  (Read 5583 times)
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 01:24:36 pm »

I thought I read somewhere MLS requires their teams to play in soccer specific fields. 

I am glad to see soccer growing here.  I hope in 20 years MLS is in the same standard as the premier European leagues.  However, I don't see Miami as being a good market.  Miami has one of the worst fan bases in the country so unless the team is kicking ass ( Heat ) there isn't going to be much support. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 01:26:29 pm by Guru-In-Vegas » Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 01:27:37 pm »

Sorry, didn't we already have a MLS team in Miami that flopped mightily?

Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 01:30:19 pm »

^^ Yeah, the Fusion or something.

But that was MLS's baby stages.  I don't think ESPN cared at all about soccer back then.  Now it's like they're forcing it on people ( GOOD ! )  Cheesy
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2013, 02:05:18 pm »

I thought I read somewhere MLS requires their teams to play in soccer specific fields. 

The revolution play at Gillette.  It is also used for football, from time to time. 

I think they require that MLS teams play on a FIFA regulation field, which not all football fields are large enough for.  Sunlife is. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 03:53:19 pm »

The revolution play at Gillette.  It is also used for football, from time to time. 

I think they require that MLS teams play on a FIFA regulation field, which not all football fields are large enough for.  Sunlife is. 
And the MLS doesn't like the fact they play there. In fact it's on e of the few MLS stadiums with artificial turf which they are going away from. They require new teams to build SSS to create a more intimate experience. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 04:37:03 am »

Bump.

It is anounced that Miami gets the next team. It made me think about this thread some more. The old Miami team played in Lauderdale with a smaller stadium that seemed to be the basis for MLS looking at soccer specific stadiums with smaller capacity. That did not work the first time. It appears that a new stadium will be built with private funding. Any insight/ideas where it will be?
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2014, 08:17:34 am »

hopefully north broward / south palm beach .. F miami
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2014, 03:40:45 pm »

I have no clue. I knew they were getting the team a year ago but I don't even know if Beckham has picked out the location. 

Orlando City had a few locations on their wish list and with the backing of the Mayor got their first choice.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Landshark
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2014, 04:34:34 pm »

Sorry, didn't we already have a MLS team in Miami that flopped mightily?

If I recall correctly they were in contention for the MLS championship back in 2002 only to fold that off-season
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 06:47:25 pm »

Just because we are sports fans and like to smack talk ...

Orlando City welcomed The new Miami team with this ....

To which Miami responded with this ....

Trying to stir the rivalry before a game is even played just like Don Garber wanted! Smiley

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2014, 08:41:50 pm »

Nice.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray