Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 09:26:30 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Will this man be thought of different than Jonathan Martin?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Will this man be thought of different than Jonathan Martin?  (Read 2048 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: November 07, 2013, 10:19:24 am »

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/offensive-lineman-john-moffitt-walks-away-nfl-says-211429267--nfl.html

Another NFL offensive lineman has walked away from his team during the middle of the season. I have not seen any feedback from his teammates but I have to wonder if his approach will be respected more than Martin's?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 11:12:56 am »

Completely different situation... No crying, no blaming, no drama...just a man who decided he doesn't need football.

There is another article about this (link below) that talked about his studying the writings of Noam Chomsky and the Dalai Lama and his retirement just being a pursuit of personal happiness. Personally, I have a lot more respect for Moffitt than I do for Martin.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/john-moffitt-walks-away-nfl-1-million

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 11:37:30 am »

How can you not respect someone who walks away from a million dollar job? I think he's crazy but I have to respect that money isn't his priority.

I tend to think the opposite for Martin. I don't think he wants football but wants what comes with it.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 12:01:07 pm »

Nameless offensive lineman?  Nobody cares.

Star running back who is the focal point of your team's offense?  I don't know if "respect" is the word Lions or Dolphins fans would use.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 12:22:18 pm »

Bigger question for me...

Why did Moffitt leave?

Did he decided he didn't like football? 

Or did he decide he didn't like the locker room and rather than complain he was being bullied out of football suffered in silence?  (Just like many victims do, often we don't learn how much a person is bothered by the bullying until we read it in their suicide note)

As I have said before, this is an NFL problem on multiple teams. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 01:32:24 pm »

^^^ Unless you know some inside information on Moffitt, then I can only conclude that bringing up the bullying topic where no evidence of it exists is simply you talking out of the wrong hole.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray