Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:29:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Conference Championship Predictions - 2014
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Conference Championship Predictions - 2014  (Read 14786 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: January 13, 2014, 12:27:58 pm »

I am now 2-2.
Then 4-0.
(6-2 total)

This week, I take:
Seattle over SF
Denver over NE

I'm also really happy that these are the four teams.  I think that they're the 4 best teams in the NFL and we will have interesting match-ups and stories throughout.  I'm also surprised that the Colts got as much love as they did.  I really didn't think they were any good and I knew that NE wasn't playing that comeback bullcrap that the Colts have lived by.

I drink your milkshake!
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 12:30:21 pm »

Seattle and Denver are my picks!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Landshark
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 12:58:02 pm »

I'm taking the home teams as well
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 01:18:30 pm »

1-3 opening round
3-1 Divisional round
4-4 total

Going against the grain here and picking both road teams to make it to the Super Bowl

49ers over Seahawks
Patriots over Broncos

49ers-Patriots was my preseason Super Bowl pick for the Predict the NFL Season thread...no reason to go against that now.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 01:20:28 pm »

I think the Seahawks pull it off but there is no way Denver is going to stop the Pats. Whether or not the Seahawks can beat the Pats is anyone's guess.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 01:28:32 pm »

I'm taking the home teams as well

I guess if you pick the 49ers to win in one contest, and the Seahawks to win in another, you're sure to get one of them right... Wink

Five people in the Predict the NFL Season contest have a chance of landing both of their Super Bowl picks. Those are (with eventual SB champ in parentheses):

Broncos-49ers:

Guru-in-Vegas (49ers)
Landshark (49ers)
CF DolFan (49ers)
Pappy (Broncos)

Patriots-49ers:

Sunstroke (49ers)

Interestingly enough, nobody picked Seattle to win it all, though two people picked the Houston Texans to be SB champs. Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
el diablo
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 01:36:47 pm »

4-4, and trying not to feel it.

Patriots, Seahawks this week.

And 'Stroke.....see what had happened with the Texans pick was.....
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 02:14:07 pm »

^^^ No need to explain...I picked them to win their division as well. That one was a serious "swing and a miss" for a lot of people this year.

~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 02:17:42 pm »

I said Pats-Seahawks in the Super Bowl so I will stick with that.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 03:08:40 pm »

^^^ What you said to yourself in the shower this morning doesn't count... Wink

~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 04:51:55 pm »

Seattle & Denver.  Denver wins the Super Bowl, it's been a Peyton year.
Landshark
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 07:04:51 pm »

There
I think the Seahawks pull it off but there is no way Denver is going to stop the Pats. Whether or not the Seahawks can beat the Pats is anyone's guess.

There is also no way New England is gonna stop Denver
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 07:20:09 pm »

NE
49rs

NE wins the SB

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 02:13:20 am »

Denver vs. NFC sacrificial lamb. I'd prefer to face that punk qb from San Francisco with the big schnozz that thinks he's a gangster. It's like watching a cross between a young Ice-T and an aardvark in a 49ers uniform...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 02:19:18 am by Denver_Bronco » Logged

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 03:12:18 am »

Denver vs. NFC sacrificial lamb. I'd prefer to face that punk qb from San Francisco with the big schnozz that thinks he's a gangster. It's like watching a cross between a young Ice-T and an aardvark in a 49ers uniform...

And the 49ers would much rather face the Denver junior varsity defense, but I highly doubt they'll be able to beat New England.

Whichever NFC team gets to the Super Bowl is going to impose its will on whichever AFC team makes it. There isn't a single AFC team that has a defense anything like what Seattle and SF bring to the field, and that shit is going to provide a rude awakening when they get to the Super Bowl. Conversely, EVERY team in the NFC West has a much better defense than either Denver or New England, so it will likely seem like we'll be playing against the practice squad...

Since I fully expect you to wander back into the woods once Denver is eliminated this weekend, I'll go ahead and say that it was good to see you again, and I'll catch you at the beginning of next season, when you emerge from your troll hibernation and start growling about how awesome you think your team is again.

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray