Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:21:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Conference Championship Predictions - 2014
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Conference Championship Predictions - 2014  (Read 14751 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2014, 09:21:39 pm »

And Belichick's career is a mirror of Don Shula's. Won big early in his head coaching career, then a long stretch of nothing but solid consistency every year but failures in Super Bowls and AFC Championship games.
When do we start talking about Brady not being able to win the big one? LOL Yes, I'm kidding, but I think it's hilarious that we often talk about how QB's can't win the big one when their team comes up short. There's no question in my mind that Tom Brady has been a better QB in recent years then he was early in his career, but he hasn't been able to win the big one lately. Obviously the reason is that he doesn't have the team around him now that he had when they were winning all those SB's. You can't win the big one without a LOT of help from your team, but we seem to forget that whenever it comes time to talk about the greatest QB's of all time. Yeah I'm talking about you Shannon Sharpe. Marino deserves an apology from you for being a classless jerk. You're damn lucky you had Elway making you look better.

In 9 of Marino's 17 years, Miami was ranked in the top 10 in scoring. 3 times during that 17 year stretch Miami's defense was in the top 10, unfortunately not once did they both happen at the same time. From '84 thru '87 Marino's offense was ranked 1, 1, 4 and 1, his defense during that time was ranked 22, 17, 26 and 12. It's pretty obvious to me why Marino never won a SB and it had nothing to do with him not being able to win the big one. Brady is fortunate his team was good enough to win early in his career otherwise he'd have to be hearing the same BS that Marino has had to endure his whole life.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 09:25:02 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2014, 09:22:24 pm »

That play isn't review-able. Broken Leg for Bowman. And Pete Carroll can go for it here on 4th down and end this game
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2014, 09:23:35 pm »

Poor Bowman. That was nasty.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2014, 09:24:50 pm »

Wow, 49ers get screwed one two big calls that I've seen. Roughing the kicker (15 yarder) should have been called, and Bowman intercepted that ball. How in the world is that not reviewable.

I don't particular care who wins this but I want it to be a fair game, and the Seahawks have gotten the good calls.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2014, 09:26:49 pm »

Good, that's fair. The 49ers get the ball from a Lynch fumble. Karma. Those refs need to be reprimanded for such a horrible call.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2014, 09:28:43 pm »

When do we start talking about Brady not being able to win the big one? LOL Yes, I'm kidding, but I think it's hilarious that we often talk about how QB's can't win the big one when their team comes up short. There's no question in my mind that Tom Brady has been a better QB in recent years then he was early in his career, but he hasn't been able to win the big one lately. Obviously the reason is that he doesn't have the team around him now that he had when they were winning all those SB's. You can't win the big one without a LOT of help from your team, but we seem to forget that whenever it comes time to talk about the greatest QB's of all time. Yeah I'm talking about you Shannon Sharpe. Marino deserves an apology from you for being a classless jerk. You're damn lucky you had Elway making you look better.

As funny as this is to say on a "dolphins website".....the teams Brady won with were really built by Parcells. Lots of "Parcells guys" on those rosters. Once those guys were gone.....Brady has won no super bowls.

I mean Ty Law, Willie McGinnest, Kevin Faulk, Troy Brown, Teddy Bruschi, Lawyer Milloy, Ted Johnson....all guys Parcells brought in! When Brady had them, he won rings. Since they left he hasn't won a ring.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2014, 09:39:02 pm »

Kapernick with the chance to win the game and be a hero

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2014, 09:40:29 pm »

Kapernick with the chance to win the game and be a hero

with 3 timeouts and a 2 minute warning they can't give up on the run
el diablo
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2014, 09:50:25 pm »

And that is the heartbreaker.
Landshark
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2014, 09:51:52 pm »

And Kaepernick had just been KAEPED!!!!  Picked off in the end zone.  Game over.  Just like San Fran has Green Bay's number, Seattle has San Fran's.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2014, 09:51:55 pm »

Richard Sherman all class. What a jerk
el diablo
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2014, 09:53:06 pm »

That jerk, is the league's best corner.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2014, 09:54:27 pm »

Can't believe the game ends on a fluke tip.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Landshark
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2014, 09:54:57 pm »

Richard Sherman all class. What a jerk

Did you hear the shit he just said on the air?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2014, 09:55:11 pm »

Richard Sherman way to make it about YOURSELF and not your team going to the Super Bowl. Great interview! Erin Andrews pissed her pants I think
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray