Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 10:45:27 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  A-Rod Suspended 162 Games
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: A-Rod Suspended 162 Games  (Read 4342 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: January 14, 2014, 07:50:24 pm »

He is suing MLB and the MLBPA. MLB for being dishonest and corrupt(true), and the MLBPA for not doing their job and representing his best interests(also true).

In the arbitration hearings, Selig was not forced to testify and their big evidence against Alex is a guy on their payroll. The whole thing was a farce, as is the sentence, but Alex can't win. The Justice system rarely overturns "independent arbitrators" verdicts unless obvious corruption or wrongdoing is found. There won't be unless some e-mails come to light.

I believe Alex 100% did steroids and probably most of what they accused him of, but this whole process was a sham and MLB should be ashamed of themselves. 162 games for a first time offense.

For all the Yankee haters, this won't do anything but line the Steinbrenner's pockets, because despite punting away the 2013 season, they are still only $3 Million away from that $189 Million payroll they needed to get under. They can't even sign relievers or bench guys. What a disaster.
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 08:09:53 pm »

I hope Selig gets what he deserves.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 08:09:05 am »

The A-Rod's lawyers are loving this! Well .... I guess along that mindset so are baseball's attorneys.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 12:02:02 pm »

I believe Alex 100% did steroids and probably most of what they accused him of, but this whole process was a sham and MLB should be ashamed of themselves. 162 games for a first time offense.

I agree with this.  Not enough evidence to convict him of a criminal offense, but there would be enough for a civil type judgement.  He is being overly punished because of his arrogance and unwillingness to cow tow to the MLB dictatorship.  I think if he admits to it (for a second time) he believes that he will not make it into the HoF.  He needs to realize that based on this years' voting that he is not going to ever get in.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 12:11:57 pm »

I agree with this.  Not enough evidence to convict him of a criminal offense, but there would be enough for a civil type judgement. 

And more than enough evidence for an employer to fire an employee. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 12:18:55 pm »

And more than enough evidence for an employer to fire an employee. 

That's interesting.  Let's say the Yankees fire him and void his contract.  The ripples, or waves, throughout professional sports would be huge.  Players might actually stop using PED's.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 07:24:52 pm »

The MLBPA will let Alex suffer for this one suspension because there isn't much precedent for it. However, if his contract was voided due to steroids, they would instruct every single player to strike. Because if that happened, then every team has a legal argument to do so in the future. I am sure the Angels would knock out Pujols and inject him with Deca the first chance they got.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 04:20:10 pm »

162 games for a first time offense.

This is where this goes off course a little.  It's not a first time offense, actually.  He is on record admitting he took PEDs previously (the infamous "we knew we weren't taking Tic-Tacs" comment).  Additionally, the piles of documentation stretch beyond anything ever found for one athlete (MLB).  They never uncovered this for Barry Bonds while active.  Had they, it would have been a mess.

One single positive test = 50 games.

This is documentation which spans / proves seasons.

I'm still not sure where I fall in this whole mess (personally), because I feel like MLB is on a witch hunt and A-Rod is a gentle place to fall.  He's guilty as sin.  If you're going to bring the hammer down, they better start being consistent when they start digging up items.  This being said, this is where the logic comes in.  The mountain of evidence far surpasses a single positive test.

As a Sox fan, I want that money on the books!  Bring back A Rod!  Free A Rod!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:22:10 pm by MaineDolFan » Logged

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 08:54:41 pm »

I may be wrong, but I think the mountains of evidence takes a hit when it comes from a guy on MLB's payroll. They are employing A-Rod's drug dealer, seems like a conflict of interest.

Of course, if you have texts and e-mails, then you really don't have to worry about someone's credibility.

Turns out that the MLBPA wanted to kick A-Rod out of the Union but were told they weren't able to legally. What a huge mess. Everyone is a villain.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 09:59:35 am »

^Players wanted to vote him out as well, not just the union.

-Voltaire
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 11:33:29 am »

I may be wrong, but I think the mountains of evidence takes a hit when it comes from a guy on MLB's payroll.

Hey I believe A-Rod is guilty of using PED's, to what extent I don't know.  But in addition to the guy being on MLB's payroll, MLB is also using its influence to get the guy out of some serious criminal charges.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 11:44:27 am »

MLB is also using its influence to get the guy out of some serious criminal charges.

Nope.  MLB won't be able to do a darn thing about it if the feds come walking in, nor would they want to.  They will step aside, gladly, if charges come.  If charges do come don't think for a second they will stop at the stop of this clinic.  The charges will come for clients as well.

The legal assistance being provided right now only covers in civil matters brought on by A-Rod's camp and has nothing to do with the legal system (punitive / charges). 

-Voltaire
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 12:04:15 pm »

I'm not a fan of A-Rod, but I just don't understand baseball's case.

Did the guy ever fail a drug test?

This really does seem like a witch hunt, even if everyone knows he's guilty.  It just seems like flimsy evidence to make such a concrete ruling when it appears to be a clear conflict of interest, as the only testimony is coming from someone on baseball's payroll.

I also don't understand why baseball just doesn't let all of this stuff die a natural death, ignore it, and make for careful testing in the future.  It seems like they are hell-bent on tarnishing their own image.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 12:38:37 pm »

^^^^ Dave .... the baseball union and players have both turned on him. I don't think baseball's image is the one at risk.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 12:39:04 pm »

Are we mischaracterizing Bosch's role with MLB? He agreed to cooperate in the investigation in order to be dropped from a lawsuit MLB had against him. In return he is provided legal council to protect from lawsuits by A Rod. This is my understanding. If this is accurate, saying he is on MLB's payrioll is quite a stretch.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray