Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:23:42 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Crabtree allegedly tried to fight Sherman at a charity event
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Crabtree allegedly tried to fight Sherman at a charity event  (Read 6329 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« on: January 20, 2014, 12:27:49 pm »

Some possible backstory on Sherman's repeated postgame dissing of Crabtree:

http://seattletimes.com/html/jerrybrewer/2022711709_brewercolumnseahawks20xml.html

"Sherman has been upset with Crabtree since last summer. Both attended Arizona star receiver Larry Fitzgerald’s charity event. While there, Sherman went to shake Crabtree’s hand, and Crabtree tried to start a fight, according to Sherman’s older brother, Branton.

'I’m going to make a play and embarrass him,' Richard Sherman vowed that day."

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 12:56:45 pm »

Sherman won. Then he barked at Crabtree and gave Kaepernick the choke sign, which drew a penalty. An hour later, the loose-lipped star wasn’t finished.

Reminds me of an arsehole coach who used to be with the Jets. I wonder what happened to him? Oh that's right. He's Marshall's coach.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 01:01:01 pm »

I actually think Sherman picked up his habits from his college coach.  Emotion is just part of the game!

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 01:23:34 pm »

Sherman won. Then he barked at Crabtree and gave Kaepernick the choke sign, which drew a penalty. An hour later, the loose-lipped star wasn’t finished.

He's Marshall's coach. 

You mean Sherman?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 03:50:04 pm »

I think the word "allegedly" should be bolded, underlined and then repeated for emphasis. The only source of that report is Sherman's brother...

From what I've seen of the two players, I'd say that Sherman is the one far more likely to start a fight. The whole "went over to shake his hand" sounds like something a normal, rational and reasonable person would do. That just doesn't correlate very closely with what I've seen of Sherman's personality. An extremely arrogant and obnoxious person who openly hates the 49ers and their coach, and according to his brother, he just went up to shake Crabtree's hand. Yeah, riiiiiight!

In other parallel-dimension news, it is reported by Jeffrey Dahmer's brother that he only wanted to assist his victims in trimming their fingernails...

Filed under G, for "go figure"... The person who posted this tripe is the board's self-professed 49er-hater.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 07:00:42 pm »

Is that in the "Go Figure" file right after avowed 49er fan immediately dismisses a story that gives a motive behind the attack on a SF player?  Pretty funny that you indignantly accuse me of bias... as if you're somehow an objective observer on the topic.

If we're going to keep up the pretense of respect for journalistic integrity, then there's a first-person source available:

"But that’s not why I don’t like the man. It goes back to something he said to me this offseason in Arizona, but you’d have to ask him about that. A lot of what I said to Andrews was adrenaline talking, and some of that was Crabtree. I just don’t like him. "

But maybe you're right.  Maybe Sherman just went off the handle shouting crazily in an interview because that's what he usually does in interviews, and Crabtree never actually did or said anything out of the ordinary.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 07:44:57 pm »

Is that in the "Go Figure" file right after avowed 49er fan immediately dismisses a story

No immediately about it...it was read, weighed, considered, reconsidered...and then dismissed.

But maybe you're right.  Maybe Sherman just went off the handle shouting crazily in an interview because that's what he usually does in interviews, and Crabtree never actually did or said anything out of the ordinary.

You see, you found the logic, and it took you less than 10 posts and twenty semantic twists to get there. You're making progress, Spidey...slowly but surely.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 08:02:12 pm »

Perhaps I was a bit too subtle for you...

Sherman doesn't normally shout crazily in his interviews.  (Contrast this interview after SEA beat NE last year.)  That's the point.

If, as you say, there's no there there, then why is Sherman lying about an imaginary incident in Arizona?  And when did you develop this rigorous requirement for multiple independent corroborations of evidence when talking about a feud between two players?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:07:40 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 08:35:20 pm »

I'm going to assume there is some new twist in the post above, but I just don't have the patience to read any more from you on this topic.

~ Micah Leggat
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 09:09:13 pm »

^^^ dear lord.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 09:24:40 pm »

So Sunstroke is too impatient to read the response... but that sure doesn't stop him from putting up another reply!  Just to make it absolutely clear that he is DEFINITELY NOT reading whatever it was that I might have said in that post.  That he didn't read.

Listen, if it makes you feel better to dismiss this thread as 49er hate, then go right ahead.  A quick Google of, say, "sherman crabtree charity" would make it pretty clear that the media seems to be giving this story some credence, as well.  But maybe they are all also biased against the 49ers!

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 11:41:52 pm »

You mean Sherman?
yeah ... him too. lol

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 12:04:55 pm »

Really doesn't matter what the back story is. Sherman came across as an incoherent goon and only embarrassed himself on national tv to the point that the interviewer had to cut the interview back to the analysts. I hope Manning lights his ass up multiple times.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 02:35:59 pm »

Sound and fury signifying nothing.

I don't doubt there is some backstory/history. 

And while I prefer the understated method of doing pressers employed by Belichick rather than the in your face method of Rex Ryan, ultimately none of these guys are hired to be spokesmen. 

Crabtree is judged on his ability to get open and catch the ball, Sherman on how well he prevents that. 

If speaking coherently matter for anything in the NFL, Tim Tebow could beat out most of the starting QBs in the league. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 04:24:11 pm »

Sherman is one of the smartest, well spoken athletes in the league.  Do not let one :10 second sound byte fool you. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray