Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:22:25 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Crabtree allegedly tried to fight Sherman at a charity event
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Crabtree allegedly tried to fight Sherman at a charity event  (Read 6317 times)
Landshark
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 04:56:03 pm »

Sherman is one of the smartest, well spoken athletes in the league.  Do not let one :10 second sound byte fool you. 

He's also earned the right to speak his mind. His play justifies it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 04:57:53 pm »

This topic reminds me of the Tebow debate.  I find it funny how passionate people get to either crucify or commend Sherman.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 05:12:28 pm »

Sherman is one of the smartest, well spoken athletes in the league.  Do not let one :10 second sound byte fool you. 

If the guy just lost it in the moment, then later got his composure and handled himself, I can forgive that.  But I don't like that he was an asshole in the moment, then an asshole afterward in the celebration, and then an asshole, trying to justify it in writing later.

Dude's just an asshole.

I drink your milkshake!
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 06:10:23 pm »

Trash talking douchebag plain and simple.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 08:08:16 pm »

It seems to me that the issue is that since Crabtree's interactions with Sherman are not (more) public knowledge, Sherman is out of line by making his responses public?  Was Sherman also being a douchebag when he tore into Brady's better-than "look at the scoreboard, loser" talk during the SEA-NE game?

Again, I can't completely dismiss my own bias, because I liked seeing Brady get humbled, too.  But I have no problem with Sherman calling out players that like to run their mouth during the game but act like they're above it all afterward.  At least Sherman is consistent.

If you read Sherman's statements about the Broncos, he's been nothing but respectful.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 09:47:21 am »

If you read Sherman's statements about the Broncos, he's been nothing but respectful.

I'm sure a friendly reminder by his coaching staff about distractions & media attention had less to do with that than Sherman's natural instincts.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 11:15:27 am »

Carroll is not Belichick.  If he believed in the "shut your mouth and do your job" philosophy, Sherman would not have been permitted to go into his postgame presser and call Crabtree a mediocre receiver about ten times in 3 minutes.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 11:18:49 am »

This is also several days later and still in the news. The directive may have come from above Carroll but I would bet money someone sent the message to tone things down slightly.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 11:23:43 am »

Unless you think Paul Allen is getting involved, there is no "above Carroll."  Carroll is the executive VP of football operations and has the final say on all football decisions; the Seahawks GM only serves in an advisory role to him (and he was directly hired by Carroll).

Generally speaking, Sherman talks trash to trash talkers.  The Seahawks have not played the Broncos since Sherman entered the league and outside of possibly Welker, there really isn't anyone on the Broncos that has an opportunity to say things about him.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:30:47 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 11:26:40 am »

^ No, you're overcomplicating.  It's not about who knows what, when....it's not about thuggery or how eloquent he is or his education or race or any of the other things that are being tossed around in the media.

I don't like people who taunt after a game is over.  Especially to the public.  And especially multiple times likes a maniac.  ...giving the choke sign to Kapernick, mocking Crabtree after the game and again in the postgame interview.  ...taking a team victory and making it all about himself.

He's a jerkoff.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 02:25:20 pm »

Carroll is not Belichick.  If he believed in the "shut your mouth and do your job" philosophy, Sherman would not have been permitted to go into his postgame presser and call Crabtree a mediocre receiver about ten times in 3 minutes.

It appears it did come from Carroll. Pete Carroll pulled Richard Sherman aside on Monday and made sure his fiery cornerback understood that his rant against San Francisco's Michael Crabtree was overshadowing the Seattle Seahawks reaching their second Super Bowl in franchise history.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/20/pete-carroll-richard-sherman-sorry_n_4634274.html?seattle-seahawks
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 04:47:12 pm »

Fair enough.  Looks like Carroll did rein him in.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2014, 05:27:28 pm »

Fair enough.  Looks like Carroll did rein him in.

STOP THIS!

That's the second time today that someone around here has accepted facts when presented. That's just not how things are done.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray