Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:19:22 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Yankees sign Tanaka
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Yankees sign Tanaka  (Read 2261 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: January 22, 2014, 09:56:13 am »

My super inside souces have told me that the Yankees have agreed with Japan pitcher Tanaka.  7 years, $155 million.

My super inside sources = the ESPN app on my iPhone.

Discuss.

Tanaka, not my phone.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Landshark
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 09:58:34 am »

My bleacher report app told me the same thing.  As for Tanaka, it's safe to say that the Yankees are putting the money they saved with A-Roid's suspension to good use as they need pitching help badly.   Only time will tell if he develops into a quality pitcher.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 10:08:07 am »

I was hoping he would sign with the Dodgers to really help solidify an already good pitching staff....I had a feeling he would end up in the pinstripes.  Roll Eyes

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 11:12:09 am »

I was hoping that he would sign with anyone OTHER than the Dodgers or Yankees, so I could at least cheer for him when he pitches.  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 10:15:45 am »

What a waste of money.  With the recent exception of Yu Darvish, the high profile Japanese/Korean pitchers never pan out.  They pitch against AA and AAA talent in Japan, then can't cut it in the MLB.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 01:29:39 pm »

Discuss.

You have an awesome phone.

Tanaka, not my phone.

Doh!

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 11:22:20 pm »

Normally, I would be upset when the Yankees throw a ton of money at a player because it almost never works out, but it comforts me knowing lots of other teams tried to as well. I have no faith in the Yankees scouting department, so if other teams were trying to do the same thing, then hooray.

Still, this annoys me because I have to constantly smack down fellow Yankee fans who think this makes us a shoe in for the World Series. We aren't. We need lots of luck to even make the playoffs. Our staff includes a:

-Fat guy who just had a terrible year and more miles on his arm than Al Bundy's Dodge.
-39 year old who faded down the stretch 2 years in a row.
-Very talented but unproved Japanese pitcher
-Ivan Nova who has had flashes of brilliance but never for a full season
-5th starter in Pineda who hasn't been healthy in 2 years

The lineup is still old and far from a sure thing. The playoffs would not shock me. A trip to the World Series would blow my mind.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray