Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 10:29:18 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Super Bowl Weather Chaos
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Super Bowl Weather Chaos  (Read 12813 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2014, 07:59:45 pm »

I just want to see a good competitive football game

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2014, 04:27:52 pm »

I predict it won't be any more uncomfortable for the guests than a normal Seahawks or Broncos home playoff game.  

Well it is going to be a bit worse.  Less onsite parking than normal.  Heavy security means you need to plan on getting inside two hours before the game, or risk missing the start due to security checks.  So there are going to be people in the cold for 7 hours vs probably 4 hours normally.  I heard from a relative with NJ State Troopers that they will have 300 policemen just to verify the several thousand other policemen are real police officers.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2014, 06:48:29 pm »

as of today it doesn't look like the game will be moved. Might just be really cold but no crazy weather it looks like. Of course that could always change
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2014, 09:26:07 am »

^^^ So this entire people risking their lives was just a bunch of hype as I thought.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2014, 01:28:09 pm »

^^^ So this entire people risking their lives was just a bunch of hype as I thought.

wasn't hype if you saw the 10 day forecast late last week and at that time what was predicted for this Sunday. The weather pattern with the bad stuff shifted
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2014, 03:08:48 pm »

^^^ Anyone who follows a weather forecast (and even listened to the one they were giving) knows a ten day forecast is too far out to be accurate.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2014, 03:14:17 pm »

^^^ Anyone who follows a weather forecast (and even listened to the one they were giving) knows a ten day forecast is too far out to be accurate.

agree. But the league had to be prepared either way.  I don't know what your whining about honestly. League was prepared to move the game incase the weather forecast was right. What's the big deal?
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2014, 03:30:51 pm »

No big deal about that. I simply have been saying your statements about lives being in jeapody was a bit over the top.
Landshark
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2014, 04:10:06 pm »

No big deal about that. I simply have been saying your statements about lives being in jeapody was a bit over the top.

With a Nor'easter blizzard or bone chilling cold and icy roads, lives are in jeopardy
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2014, 04:46:10 pm »

Good thing it wasn't held yesterday in Atlanta!!  Shocked

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2014, 06:05:54 pm »

Spoken like someone who hasn't been driving in NY or NJ during a blizzard. You probably thought when "Sandy" hit a few years back it was just a day with some stiff winds, no big deal  Roll Eyes
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2014, 09:43:01 am »

Spoken like someone who hasn't been driving in NY or NJ during a blizzard. You probably thought when "Sandy" hit a few years back it was just a day with some stiff winds, no big deal  Roll Eyes

Nope it is spoken by someone who waited to see an accurate weather forecast rather than jump the gun on some issue where there was no basis. Sandy hit New York when it came through. Stop the presses, we can't have a Super Bowl there. Guess what, Katrina hit New Orleans and I don't hear you crying about stopping any Super Bowls in New Orleans. The two are about as related. Natural Disasters are a real possibility in this world, there just isn't one happening this weekend no matter what your lucky 8-ball may say.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2014, 10:13:04 am »

Nope it is spoken by someone who waited to see an accurate weather forecast rather than jump the gun on some issue where there was no basis.

Who jumped the gun by saying the NFL "MIGHT" have to move the game a day or two, hell the league itself released their schedule of moving the game based on last weeks weather forecasts!!  Jesus christ you are thick. There was a basis because the league issued statements and had plans ready to go as early as a week ago to move the game based on the weather information they had at the time. Hell I even gave you a link of the NFL Exec saying what he was doing and what the plan was as of last Fri.

Stay in your bubble and believe what you want and be ignorant to reality.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2014, 10:18:11 am »

Who jumped the gun by saying the NFL "MIGHT" have to move the game a day or two,

The NFL MIGHT have to move Miami's home preseasons game next season because of the high risk of hurricanes in Florida in August. 

I am not jumping the gun at all, Florida gets as many hurricanes / tropical storms in August as NY gets blizzards in February. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2014, 10:33:34 am »

The NFL MIGHT have to move Miami's home preseasons game next season because of the high risk of hurricanes in Florida in August. 

I am not jumping the gun at all, Florida gets as many hurricanes / tropical storms in August as NY gets blizzards in February. 

Oh stop. You are silly and I thought you were better than this Hoodie (apparently I was wrong about you) NY was hit with a huge storm last week, days away from the actual game and the league had all the prep work ready to go and hit the airways last week in NY/NJ preparing fans on what the course of action might be in the next week or so in regards to the Super Bowl being moved a day or two.  It was a real situation. You wanna act like a horses ass go for it but you come off like a fool as well.

I'm sure the NFL right now is preparing Dolphins fans about the preseason games being moved in August.  Roll Eyes Ya know because the 2 situations are equal and its a fair analogy/example. Give me a break
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 10:35:29 am by MikeO » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray