Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 10:35:12 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Super Bowl Weather Chaos
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Super Bowl Weather Chaos  (Read 12814 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2014, 11:01:05 am »

Oh stop. You are silly and I thought you were better than this Hoodie (apparently I was wrong about you) NY was hit with a huge storm last week, days away from the actual game and the league had all the prep work ready to go and hit the airways last week in NY/NJ preparing fans on what the course of action might be in the next week or so in regards to the Super Bowl being moved a day or two.  It was a real situation. You wanna act like a horses ass go for it but you come off like a fool as well.

I'm sure the NFL right now is preparing Dolphins fans about the preseason games being moved in August.  Roll Eyes Ya know because the 2 situations are equal and its a fair analogy/example. Give me a break

New York got some snow.  They plowed it and was back in business all in a relatively short period of time.  Compare that to Atlanta. 

Oh yes, New York got hit by Superstorm Sandy during football season.  Number of games that need to be moved to other stadiums or canceled or delayed because of that: 0.  Compare that to Katrina  -- should we not hold the Superbowl in NO.  Or how about SD -- maybe we should never hold a game in SD because they had to move a game (vs. the Dolphins) to AZ because of wild fires. 

Weather/national disaster happen everywhere. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2014, 11:18:35 am »

New York got some snow.  They plowed it and was back in business all in a relatively short period of time.  Compare that to Atlanta. 

THANK YOU for making the NFL's point for them and contradicting yourself all at the same time!!  Yes, they got hit with a snow storm and were back in business in a relatively short period of time early last week. And the weather forecast late last week and last weekend had a storm hitting NY/NJ the day before or the day of the super bowl, and if so the league had plans in place and ready to roll to move the game. THAT'S ALL THAT IS BEING SAID!!! Jesus christ, not that big a deal. Cause that "relatively short period of time" would have been gameday possibly and shut down the area for a day possibly with the information they had at the time. The weather took a turn for the better and it didn't end up happening, not sure why your panties are in a bunch but it must be your time of the month.

But, Thank you, thank you, thank you for just ending this debate and agreeing with the NFL's stance.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 11:20:32 am by MikeO » Logged
Landshark
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2014, 05:16:43 pm »

The NFL MIGHT have to move Miami's home preseasons game next season because of the high risk of hurricanes in Florida in August. 

I am not jumping the gun at all, Florida gets as many hurricanes / tropical storms in August as NY gets blizzards in February. 

The decision on that is not made until if and when the threat of a hurricane poses a risk to the fans.  In this case there was the threat of a blizzard but there is no longer
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray