Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 05:21:31 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Super Bowl Weather Chaos
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Super Bowl Weather Chaos  (Read 13073 times)
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2014, 06:55:32 pm »

The weather has zero to do with the actual game, so who cares? Im worried about the game, not how long it takes Doug from Connecticut to get to, or home from the game.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2014, 06:56:56 pm »

It's not about the players. It's about Public Safety. They don't want 80,000 fans risking their life getting to and from the game.
Thats their choice, not the NFL's.

Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 06:58:08 pm »

Thats their choice, not the NFL's.

ha ha ha, talk about naive thinking
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2014, 07:03:56 pm »

No, naive is talk about moving the game to a different day etc.  How would you enjoy spending a couple grand for a super bowl ticket to find out that you cant go because its been moved to a friggen Tuesday or Wednesday? There are games all year in rain, snow, heat that nobody whines and cries about, so whats the differnce here? The stadium only holds 'x' amount of people so what has changed because its the Super Bowl?

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2014, 07:29:59 pm »

No, naive is talk about moving the game to a different day etc.  How would you enjoy spending a couple grand for a super bowl ticket to find out that you cant go because its been moved to a friggen Tuesday or Wednesday? There are games all year in rain, snow, heat that nobody whines and cries about, so whats the differnce here? The stadium only holds 'x' amount of people so what has changed because its the Super Bowl?

1) It's not getting moved to a Tuesday or Wednesday so lets not exaggerate. It's getting moved one day...two days max.

2) when you as a league force people to pay a couple grand for a ticket (like they are for the super bowl), then things change. You make sure they can get to and from the game. It's not like they dropped $60 on a ticket so if they can't go, oh well life moves on. This is big money fans are spending.  So you want to make sure they get to and from the game without taking their life in their hands! And don't think the NFL hasn't done their research. They have said with their research 90% of people who go to the game are in town that Thursday before the game. So, godforbid if they move the game....the vast majority of people won't be effected

Here is the NFL's timeline
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/super-bowl-confidential-goodell-decision-xlviii-article-1.1591203

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 07:31:54 pm by MikeO » Logged
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2014, 08:19:31 pm »

The hell with it.  If they're only making like 2000 tickets available to the general public, then the hell with them.  I'm tired of this crap. Evil

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 11:36:31 am »

Let's be honest her MikeO. Denver exaggerated by saying a Tuesday or wednesday Super Bowl but you are also exaggerating whith this position of taking their own life in their hands stuff. Granted travel is affected by weather but you are at a real extreme here.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2014, 11:50:53 am »

I am glad to see all the chaos.....this was a dumbass idea to begin with. I hope they get 8 feet of snow during the game!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2014, 12:08:38 pm »

Let's be honest her MikeO. Denver exaggerated by saying a Tuesday or wednesday Super Bowl but you are also exaggerating whith this position of taking their own life in their hands stuff. Granted travel is affected by weather but you are at a real extreme here.

You haven't seen the weather in the northeast the past couple weeks I take it. It's been brutal.

The NFL is taking every extra precaution possible...it's the SUPER BOWL! Most watched sporting event in the world!! This isn't some Week 14 game between the Jags-Jets! When you charge people $5,000 for a ticket you cater to them and not have them risk their life to get to the event.

listen to the guy yourself. This is just ONE of his interveiws from the past week. You can google and find many more
Click here for the story.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 01:11:10 pm by Fau Teixeira » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2014, 12:19:59 pm »

I hope that every part of the planning is torn to shreds and that there is maximum chaos inflicted on the NFL for kowtowing to New York New Jersey and giving them this Super Bowl in the first place.

The idea of an outdoor Super Bowl is exactly as stupid as it sounded the day someone first proposed it.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 12:35:00 pm »

I hope that every part of the planning is torn to shreds and that there is maximum chaos inflicted on the NFL for kowtowing to New York New Jersey and giving them this Super Bowl in the first place.

The idea of an outdoor Super Bowl is exactly as stupid as it sounded the day someone first proposed it.

I agree. I don't want this to happen again so I hope the weather comes in strong and creates a mess for the league.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 01:14:20 pm »

I predict that the weather will be uncomfortable for guests, but ultimately not dangerous.  Regardless, this will be the last time it happens.  I think that the damage has already been done.  Fear of having to move the event is enough.  Why risk this in the future?

I drink your milkshake!
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 01:20:54 pm »

The only thing better would be if they get fog or a blizzard so thick the TV cameras can't pick anything up.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2014, 01:21:24 pm »

I predict that the weather will be uncomfortable for guests, but ultimately not dangerous.  Regardless, this will be the last time it happens.  I think that the damage has already been done.  Fear of having to move the event is enough.  Why risk this in the future?

I predict it won't be any more uncomfortable for the guests than a normal Seahawks or Broncos home playoff game.  

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2014, 01:27:48 pm »

^ Maybe not.

But a lot of this is corporate stuff -- not actual fans.  Big money celebrities and corporate money and so on.  ...not your hardcore fan who wants to brave the elements.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray