Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:26:12 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  TDMMC Fantasy Games (Updated)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: TDMMC Fantasy Games (Updated)  (Read 4551 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: September 04, 2014, 12:05:19 pm »

Pigskin Pick'Em - Picking all the games of the season with a pointspread.
http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2014/en/
Group: TDMMC (no password)

Eliminator Challenge - Pick a straight-up winner each week, but you can't choose the same team twice
http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-eliminator-challenge/2014/en/
Group: TDMMC (no password)

Gridiron Challenge - Set a weekly team based on salary cap.  Buy Low, Sell High.
http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-gridiron-challenge/2014/en/
Group TDMMC       Password: DannyBoy
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 11:03:30 am by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 01:30:59 pm »

I don't like the gridiron challenge because its NOT buy low-sell high.

If I buy a guy at 2mil and he plays well and increases to 4 mil, I should be able to keep the extra 2 mil when I dump him (for a bye or injury).  Instead, you can keep him at his reduced price until you release him but you lose the value he gained.  So, there's no benefit to trying to pick sleepers early before they blow up.

I'm in for the other two, though.

EDIT - Thank you for putting the pickem with the spread.  This requires way more thought about each game and makes it a lot more interesting.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 01:36:39 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 01:40:24 pm »

I don't like the gridiron challenge because its NOT buy low-sell high.

If I buy a guy at 2mil and he plays well and increases to 4 mil, I should be able to keep the extra 2 mil when I dump him (for a bye or injury).  Instead, you can keep him at his reduced price until you release him but you lose the value he gained.  So, there's no benefit to trying to pick sleepers early before they blow up.

I'm in for the other two, though.

EDIT - Thank you for putting the pickem with the spread.  This requires way more thought about each game and makes it a lot more interesting.

I haven't read the rules (gridirion challenge), but I believe they changed the rules last year about being able to retain the value, when a player goes up in value.  I seem to recall commenting about it last year, but can't find right now.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 01:44:40 pm »

^^ that would be a game changer for me.

Also, I have picked all 17 weeks in eliminator.  Is it set to where once you're wrong, you're out forever?

Edit - I guess if you lose you can keep picking but you are not eligible for the grand prize from ESPN
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 02:04:22 pm »

^^^ Yeah I just went and looked, and noticed the game is set to floating salary cap, so if the guys you pick week one go from $50 mil to $51 mil, you get to swap out players and you retain the $51 mil.  But if other players go down, you also lose whatever amount.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 02:12:15 pm »

Also, I have picked all 17 weeks in eliminator.  Is it set to where once you're wrong, you're out forever?

No, you're thinking of Survivor.  Eliminator goes off of win totals for the year.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 12:20:30 am »

I was already in for the TDMMC Eliminator, but I already had a Gridiron Challenge squad for the ESPN TOP 50 group, so I added the TDMMC group as well. My existing Pigskin Pick'em wasn't a spread version, so I created a new spread entry. Didn't get it set up in time for tonight's game though, so I'm already a point off the pace.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 10:32:32 am »

I hope we can also do Primetime Payoff.  That is probably my favorite of the ESPN football games.  I will likely be doing it but we should get a group together.  I hope it didn't start last night...
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 11:03:04 am »

^ I didn't see it in the ESPN games list, if they did have it on there.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 11:22:26 am »

I checked and it doesn't look like its active for this season.  Perhaps they will turn it on before Monday night?  Or, perhaps their sponsor (Best Buy) who was funding all the prizes backed out and they couldn't get a new one? 

Either way, its sad.  That was the most innovative, and therefore my favorite, game.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 03:43:35 pm »

I'm a little surprised that they didn't run Primetime Payoff this season. In the past, they'd often drop a game because they couldn't procure commercial sponsorship, but they stopped doing that recently. Now, while some of the "fringe" games like Pigskin Pick'em (Crown Royal) have sponsors, others like Gridiron Challenge don't.

Shame about Primetime Payoff though...I like those kind of prop bet games.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 04:54:27 pm »

I'm in for Gridiron & Eliminator.

Good Luck to all!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 12:56:05 pm »

It looks like mecadonzilla and I are going toe-to-toe on both the Pickem and the Gridiron Challenge for the group lead.  I'm bringing my A-game every week.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 01:07:57 pm »

I'm kicking myself in the Pick'em... I have been late three different weeks and failed to get my Thursday game picks in.

That said, I am within striking distance of the leaders in both games, so watch your six!

~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 10:14:00 am »

Congrats to Sunstroke for eeking out a 1 game win in Eliminator with an especially strong 2nd half performance. 
davebgray, ajcaruso3 and MRKLEAN55 were all in a position to win, but shit the bed down the stretch.

Masterfins took the Gridiron Challenge prize in impressive fashion, with a total margin of victory of 91 points.  He finished in ESPN's 99.6 percentile.  Brian Fein and Mecadonzilla placed and showed.

Lastly, MikeO takes the Pigskin Pickem trophy with 128 points.  Mecadonzilla could've probably taken the title, but forgot to set his lineup on the final week.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray