Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 04:05:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Who will be the next 49ers Head Coach?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Who will be the next 49ers Head Coach?  (Read 8533 times)
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« on: November 04, 2014, 06:36:09 pm »

Jerry Rice is saying Harbaugh is leaving.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/04/jerry-rice-jim-harbaugh-is-gone-and-its-affecting-the-49ers/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Not that he's definitely right, but if he is, who you got as their next HC? Some of the comments are indicating Rex Ryan? That would be... interesting.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 06:52:32 pm »

I've spoken with inside sources (they weren't outside at the time) who have overheard people close to the organization (possibly the hot dog vendor 2 blocks from the stadium), and they believe the list of potential head coaches to replace Coach Harbaugh, once Harbaugh leaves to join the Romanian circus, will possibly include the following people:

* Denzel Washington: Praised for getting white and black football players to get along in the locker room at T.C. Williams High School, the Remember the Titans star is a perfect choice to soothe the turmoil within the 49ers organization.

* Dave Gray: After successfully managing TDMMC to multiple Dolphins Chat Board Championships, Mr. Gray is a natural choice to lead the 49ers quest for their sixth Super Bowl.

* Bill Walsh: Sure, he may be currently deceased, but the 49ers legend could be revived through a voodoo ritual to continue his dominant run as an NFL head coach.

* Traian Basecu: Expected to step down from his current position as President of Romania in protest over Harbaugh's joining their national circus.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 06:38:39 am »

Jerry Rice is saying Harbaugh is leaving.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/04/jerry-rice-jim-harbaugh-is-gone-and-its-affecting-the-49ers/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Not that he's definitely right, but if he is, who you got as their next HC? Some of the comments are indicating Rex Ryan? That would be... interesting.

No way they would hire Rex. I think Quinn in Seattle might be a very real choice.
JGreenMachine

What's the deal?

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 08:21:53 am »

No way they would hire Rex. I think Quinn in Seattle might be a very real choice.

They might hire Big Rex..... as DC.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 09:38:32 am »

What happened to this seemingly perfect marriage?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 01:22:27 pm »

I've spoken with inside sources (they weren't outside at the time) who have overheard people close to the organization (possibly the hot dog vendor 2 blocks from the stadium), and they believe the list of potential head coaches to replace Coach Harbaugh, once Harbaugh leaves to join the Romanian circus, will possibly include the following people:

* Denzel Washington: Praised for getting white and black football players to get along in the locker room at T.C. Williams High School, the Remember the Titans star is a perfect choice to soothe the turmoil within the 49ers organization.

* Dave Gray: After successfully managing TDMMC to multiple Dolphins Chat Board Championships, Mr. Gray is a natural choice to lead the 49ers quest for their sixth Super Bowl.

* Bill Walsh: Sure, he may be currently deceased, but the 49ers legend could be revived through a voodoo ritual to continue his dominant run as an NFL head coach.

* Traian Basecu: Expected to step down from his current position as President of Romania in protest over Harbaugh's joining their national circus.

I usually agree with you Stroke, but I have to disagree with a couple of your inside sources possible new HC's.  First off there is no chance Denzel Washington will come to San Francisco.  More likely it would be Mathew "allright, allright allright" McConaughey.  Washington's jump from High School football to the NFL is just too big of a leap, whereas McConaughey's rebuilding of Marshall's college program is more inspiring.  Secondly, there is a better chance of locating Ted Williams' cryogenical frozen skull, than propping up Bill Walsh on the sidelines.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 01:55:00 pm »

More likely it would be Mathew "allright, allright allright" McConaughey.  Washington's jump from High School football to the NFL is just too big of a leap, whereas McConaughey's rebuilding of Marshall's college program is more inspiring.

Tough to argue with that. Sometimes you've got to go back to actually move forward... Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 10:35:02 pm »

I usually agree with you Stroke, but I have to disagree with a couple of your inside sources possible new HC's.  First off there is no chance Denzel Washington will come to San Francisco.  More likely it would be Mathew "allright, allright allright" McConaughey.  Washington's jump from High School football to the NFL is just too big of a leap, whereas McConaughey's rebuilding of Marshall's college program is more inspiring.  Secondly, there is a better chance of locating Ted Williams' cryogenical frozen skull, than propping up Bill Walsh on the sidelines.
you both have it wrong.... the next coach will be gene hackman.  He has pro experience coaching the sentals

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 03:04:59 am »

you both have it wrong.... the next coach will be gene hackman.  He has pro experience coaching the sentals

Al Pacino, his experience of developing developing running QB Willie Beaman from 3rd string QB into genuine threat will be invaluable in turning around a sputtering Colin Kaepernick.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 12:33:31 pm »

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network is reporting Harbaugh won't leave west coast and is off the Dolphins radar. Plus Ross would rather have Harbaugh at Michigan than Miami

Jim Harbaugh is no longer on the #Dolphins radar in unlikely event Philbin is fired. His wife wants to stay in the Bay Area. Hello #Raiders

For #Michigan fans curious about Jim Harbaugh: Booster Stephen Ross is much more interested in him at U-M than with #Dolphins

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/534030208052232194
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/534033726335107072
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 03:48:24 pm »

^^^ Well heck, if it's in a tweet, it has to be real...

Roll Eyes

~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 05:40:35 pm »

Any news that says Harbaugh won't be hired by the Dolphins is good news.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 05:48:01 pm »

^^^ Well heck, if it's in a tweet, it has to be real...

Roll Eyes

Tweet from a respected NFL reporter. I know you are the last person on earth who is clinging to the fact Harbaugh  is staying in SF. But everyone on ESPN, FOX, NFLN, NBC is reporting else wise. Might go with them over you on this one

You can go to NFL.com and watch video of his report so you can see the words come out of his mouth since a tweet isn't good enough for you
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 07:13:50 pm »

Tweet from a respected NFL reporter. I know you are the last person on earth who is clinging to the fact Harbaugh  is staying in SF. But everyone on ESPN, FOX, NFLN, NBC is reporting else wise. Might go with them over you on this one

I'm just going to go with "If it happens, it happens, and until it does, I'm not buying it." Including the current rumor, there have been 173 different "Harbaugh is leaving" rumors since he arrived in SF. The first 172 have been wrong.

Hey, if you keep betting on those rumors though, eventually one of them is going to pan out for ya...

~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 12:32:21 pm »

^^^ C'mon, MikeO always leaves himself an out.  If you read his post careful he said he "Might go with them over you"  So, if it happens its "see I told ya", and if it doesn't, then it's "I didn't say it was gonna happen, I said it "might" happen.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray