Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 04:12:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Brutal article evaluating RG3's performance against TB
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Brutal article evaluating RG3's performance against TB  (Read 3315 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« on: November 26, 2014, 12:36:20 pm »

This article is a week old, but it details a half-hour long audio breakdown of RG3's game against the Bucs.  It's, um, not flattering.

Chris Cooley: RGIII was so bad, I can’t assess the rest of the Redskins’ offense

Chris Cooley, a former WSH tight end, explains some of the inexcusably bad mistakes RG3 made during that game.  A direct quote:

"If I’m Sean McVay and Jay Gruden right now — no joke, if I’m them right now — I’m sitting in an office on a Tuesday, scratching my head and saying I don’t know what we can put in. We’re really struggling to execute and get the ball in the right direction on easy plays. Like, EASY plays. So I don’t know what we install. I’m not sure, as a staff, how you walk into that install meeting [Wednesday] and say these plays are gonna be great, this is gonna be good here, these spots are [gonne be] here against this coverage. Based on that performance, it’s a real struggle to continue to grow as an entire group of guys."

RG3 has been benched for next week's game against Indy.  It looks like he may be done in Washington.

I think we can all agree that the best possible result would be RG3 being cut by WSH, signing with STL, and becoming their franchise QB.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 12:42:22 pm »

RGIII is a terrible QB. He really is. Mike Shannahan is home laughing now since he was the guy who told Dan Synder not to trade up for him and to stay where he was in the draft and just take Tannehill.  The Redskins gave up a boat-load of draft picks for a guy who is Ryan Leaf 2.0

Every time I have seen him play this year and last year he has been brutal and beyond bad. Kirk Cousins isn't great but at least there is something to work with when you see him. He isn't great but he could turn into a serviceable NFL QB someday. With RGIII there is nothing. He was a one year wonder. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 10:59:49 am »

Lol well at least Griffin had one good season.  Leaf didn't

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 04:49:04 pm »

I think Griffin could've been a great QB had he not gotten injured by awful turf and learned to read defenses. Same way Vick's growth got stunted by his legs bailing him out of tough passing spots, Griffin never matured as a passer and now it's probably too late.

As it stands, the 2012 QB Class Rankings are:

1) Luck
2) Wilson
3) Tannehill
4) RGIII
5) Weeden(LOL)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 07:58:16 pm »

I think Griffin could've been a great QB had he not gotten injured by awful turf and learned to read defenses. Same way Vick's growth got stunted by his legs bailing him out of tough passing spots, Griffin never matured as a passer and now it's probably too late.

As it stands, the 2012 QB Class Rankings are:

1) Luck
2) Wilson
3) Tannehill
4) RGIII
5) Weeden(LOL)

Put Nick Foles ahead of RGIII and Weeden. Foles was amazing last year when he finally got in and just so-so this year before the injury. Not enough games under his belt to put him in the Top 3 though.

P.S...Don't be shocked to see RGIII in Buffalo or NYJ next year. Could see both as possible landing spots for him
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 08:33:15 pm »

Put Nick Foles ahead of RGIII and Weeden. Foles was amazing last year when he finally got in and just so-so this year before the injury. Not enough games under his belt to put him in the Top 3 though.

P.S...Don't be shocked to see RGIII in Buffalo or NYJ next year. Could see both as possible landing spots for him
I see him in Tampa.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 09:04:48 pm »

RGIII to the Jets would be such a Jets move that I think it's very possible, but only after trading their 1st rounder for him of course. It would be welcomed with open arms by Washington as well as the rest of the AFC East.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 06:56:23 pm »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/06/report-snyder-allen-may-side-with-rg3-and-fire-gruden/

Looks like RGIII is about to get another head coach fired. Jay Gruden  may be one and done in Washington cause the owner and GM don't think the QB sucks, it's the head coach that is the issue
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 08:40:51 pm »

RGIII had a very good rookie season. Too often, a new coach comes in and tries to make a player something he is not.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 09:39:09 pm »

RGIII had a very good rookie season. Too often, a new coach comes in and tries to make a player something he is not.

Mike Shannahan and Jay Gruden are 2 very good offensive coaches who have come to the same conclusion that the kid can't play. I wouldn't pin this on Gruden.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 10:29:28 pm »

A lot of this can be pinpointed on that knee injury he suffered on that terrible field. He shouldn't have been playing that game, but who would ever expect a rookie QB to ask out of a playoff game? Should've been the coach's call to have him sit. Ever since then, he just hasn't been the same and now it may be too late.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 11:26:14 am »

These players are gimmicks and it eventually catches up to them.  You aren't the fastest guy on the field anymore, you have to adjust to the NFL.  Eventually, you get figured out.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 01:23:35 pm »

These players are gimmicks and it eventually catches up to them.  You aren't the fastest guy on the field anymore, you have to adjust to the NFL.  Eventually, you get figured out.
And whatever team takes Mariota is in for a shock too! Never called a play in the huddle and never taken a snap under center. Good luck with that.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray