Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:31:59 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Ian Rappaport: Harbaugh Offered $8 Million Annually by Michigan
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Ian Rappaport: Harbaugh Offered $8 Million Annually by Michigan  (Read 11089 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2014, 05:12:56 pm »

^^^ Good thing Harbaugh isn't a basketball coach then.

Harbaugh should call Rich Rodriguez for a little inside dope about the powers-that-be at Michigan before taking that gig...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2014, 09:37:21 pm »

The 49ers have mutually parted ways with Harbaugh
MaybeNextYear?

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2014, 09:48:52 pm »

What a strange situation. They came within like six yards of winning the Super Bowl two years ago and now their coach is gone after an 8-8 season? Even if he's a jerk, shouldn't the 49ers appreciate the job he's done? Who are they gonna find that can do better? Weird
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:57:54 pm by MaybeNextYear? » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2014, 10:10:15 pm »

Harbaugh never got along with management, if the Niners won the division, he still would've left. 8-8 just makes it easier.
MaybeNextYear?

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2014, 10:45:55 pm »

This Deadspin dude hit the nail on the head: http://deadspin.com/the-niners-are-fucking-stupid-1675908516
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2014, 11:14:21 pm »

This Deadspin dude hit the nail on the head: http://deadspin.com/the-niners-are-fucking-stupid-1675908516

I'm upset that the 49ers let Harbaugh go, but this writer is an idiot whose only skills are owning a keyboard and having an internet connection.

There was no way that GM Baalke and HC Harbaugh could coexist. That issue rested squarely on Harbaugh's head. While I wish they could have figured a way to play together in the same sandbox, they simply couldn't. The 49ers didn't go to the NFC title game three years in a row because Harbaugh is a Bill Walsh-esque genius. They went because they had assembled an insanely deep and talented roster who came into their own as Harbaugh walked through the front door. Yes, his discipline helped, but that discipline was rooted in his stubbornness, and that stubbornness is what wouldn't let him admit that Greg Roman had no right being an NFL offensive coordinator.

I wish Captain Khaki nothing but success in his next endeavor, one which will most certainly come with a massive payday. I just think that, in a just world, he'd send the 49ers a Thank You card for giving him the roster that allowed him to pad his coaching record and land that payday.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2014, 12:02:50 am »

I saw this picture in the comments of the Deadspin article:

As for my thoughts on it... I'm glad he's gone.  The 49ers were a little too dangerous for my tastes when he was there.  They need to get back to the proud tradition of coaching selections that the Yorks are known for:  the Dennis Ericksons, Mike Nolans, and Mike Singletarys of the league.

Josh McDaniels would be a perfect fit.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2014, 12:31:26 am »

Sunstroke still in denial or will you admit he is finally gone as everyone has reported since about early October on?

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2014, 12:43:44 am »

As for my thoughts on it... I'm glad he's gone.  The 49ers were a little too dangerous for my tastes when he was there. 

I'll have to check on this to make sure, but I'm fairly certain that the 49ers roster isn't leaving with Harbaugh in his luggage.

My semi-bold prediction: The 49ers finish with a better record in Harbaugh's first season gone than they had in his final season with the team.

~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2014, 12:44:52 am »

Sunstroke still in denial or will you admit he is finally gone as everyone has reported since about early October on?

Your reading skills could obviously use an upgrade...

~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2014, 12:45:35 am »

Your reading skills could obviously use an upgrade...

ha, a bad joke to divert attention. I guess that's easier than saying you were wrong all along and every media report from October on was 100% correct
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2014, 12:48:27 am »

ha, a bad joke to divert attention. I guess that's easier than saying you were wrong all along and every media report from October on was 100% correct

Or an accurate statement based on previous posts in this thread. Depends on whether it's viewed from the logical perspective or the MikeO perspective.

~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2014, 12:49:38 am »

Or an accurate statement based on previous posts in this thread. Depends on whether it's viewed from the logical perspective or the MikeO perspective.

That's ok. I know you weren't going to admit you were wrong on this all along. It's ok!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2014, 10:29:13 am »

Harbaugh to Michigan confirmed. 

I was right about something!

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »