Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 07:43:48 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  two rules that need to be reformed this offseason
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: two rules that need to be reformed this offseason  (Read 9724 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 18, 2014, 11:15:26 pm »

1) RTP as I said earlier

2) PI

both of these penalties are so subjective and change the outcome of games unfairly

How to reform them, I don't know exactly.

Any ideas?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 06:24:15 am »

A proposal to make personal fouls reviewable was defeated narrowly last owners' meeting. With a year of reviews in NFL Command Center under their belt, it could pass next time. Reportedly, support for it has increased since it failed to pass.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 10:43:28 am »

I say make everything reviewable.  Keep it at 2 flags and a 3rd if you get the 1st 2, won't extend the game

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 10:46:31 am »

^ I don't even like the 3rd if you get the first two.

I think you should only be charged a flag if you get the call INCORRECT.   You should be able to challenge as much as you want if you're right.  1 incorrect call PER HALF?  Something like that?

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 11:16:26 am »

I think you should only be charged a flag if you get the call INCORRECT.   You should be able to challenge as much as you want if you're right.  1 incorrect call PER HALF?  Something like that?

So, if you get a shitty officiating crew, the game could last 5 hours...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 11:20:22 am »

Yup and the NFL should then take action against said shitty crew for making the game last so long.  Sorry, I'm more of a fan of "get it right" than "do it fast"
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 11:24:38 am »

I'm all for speeding this stuff up, but that's through technology.  In my opinion, there should be a ref in the booth with monitors all around, in direct contact with guys on the field.  Challenge flag, guy in the booth say "nope, his foot was out", move on.

I find it odd that a very simple challenge (like an obvious foot out-of-bounds) takes the same amount of time as a complicated one that requires multiple angles.  It's like they treat it as a timeout.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 11:37:00 am »

I'm all for speeding this stuff up, but that's through technology.  In my opinion, there should be a ref in the booth with monitors all around, in direct contact with guys on the field.  Challenge flag, guy in the booth say "nope, his foot was out", move on.

I find it odd that a very simple challenge (like an obvious foot out-of-bounds) takes the same amount of time as a complicated one that requires multiple angles.  It's like they treat it as a timeout.
Well ya, more time for advertising.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 01:30:40 pm »

Only 1 rule needs to be changed. That is each team gets 2 reviews....and you can review everything! Belichick has it right and that's how it should be.

This notion that every scoring play and every turnover needs to be reviewed is bullshit. Slows the games down. Give each team 2 and if you get one right then you get a 3rd. How you manage your reviews are up to you but everything isn't going to be reviewed so use them wisely.  Pass Interference is easily reviewable this notion it can't be reviewed is just nonsense.

At the very least...the very least....make PI calls of over 25 yards reviewable. I mean you get a bad call on a 40 or 50 yard pass with PI and it changes the whole game. So even if they don't make everything reviewable at least make big pass plays (whether 25 or 30 yards) reviewable.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 01:33:50 pm »

That does happen. But they are NYC headquarters not in the stadium which makes it even better. They got the system right, make the big shots in NYC make the challenge calls not some old ref in a stadium with bad equipment. The system isn't wrong the rules are horrible. Too many rules
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 01:48:10 pm »

I agree that everything should be reviewable and if you keep winning you keep getting to use your two challenges. If the officiating sucks then action will be taken against them. Shouldn't be that bad.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 01:01:29 am »

Maybe not have PIs be spot fouls

Maybe half the distance fouls

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 04:44:10 am »

half the distance of what?  Roll Eyes
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 08:29:40 am »

They either have to stay as they are or be a 15 yard penalty like college.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 12:31:09 pm »

half the distance of what?  Roll Eyes

the spot of the pass

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray