Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:28:20 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2014 NFC South Champion Carolina Panthers!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2014 NFC South Champion Carolina Panthers!  (Read 3860 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« on: December 28, 2014, 11:48:35 pm »

The 7-8-1 Panthers, having accomplished the feat of being the second team in North American pro sports history to win a division championship with a losing record, host the 11-5 Arizona Cardinals next Saturday at 4:35PM EST.

In any other pairing, I would not be able to bet against either of these two teams fast enough... but by rule, one of them is required to win.

I have Arizona winning this game and then getting smashed in Seattle in the divisional round.  Your thoughts?

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 10:30:08 am »

I think that Carolina probably wins this game.  Arizona is over their head, though they've done a great job so far, and they're going to go on the road into a crazy atmosphere.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 10:48:05 am »

I think they win too. Arizona has looked awful for a while now. Plus with all of the public and talking heads on ESPN and in the media in an outrage of how you let a team under .500 into the playoffs and we need rule changes you just know they will win the game now...lol
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 03:46:22 pm »

I thought Carolina underperformed most of the season until the very end.
I thought Arizona over-performed for most of the year.

I see Carolina winning this one at home.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 04:01:05 pm »

Did EK get banned or something?  I'd expect him to be all over this thread...
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 04:29:10 pm »

I believe he instituted a self-ban when the Panthers were sucking and the Dolphins appeared competitive.

I expect to see him back and crowing if the Panthers win a game in the playoffs.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 06:35:07 pm »

Did EK get banned or something?  I'd expect him to be all over this thread...

Once Tannehill was  proven NOT to be a BUST and was playing extremely well and then on top of that Lamar Miller was averaging over 5 yards per carry he had nothing to rant about anymore as he was proven wrong on well, just about everything. If the Panthers win and with the Wallace news I expect him to be here any day now acting like an ass clown trolling like usual. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 10:02:38 pm »

Panthers should win easily. Theyare actually playing good football lately while Arizona died once Palmer went down. They were 9-1 when he got hurt and now they are dead in the water. It's a shame too, they looked like the top NFC team.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 10:06:18 pm »

If the panthers win than 100% of all teams with a losing record to win a div will have a nonlosing post season record

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 08:15:36 pm »

It's going to be kind of difficult to argue that the system is broken if division champions with losing records get in... when said teams keep winning.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 08:20:11 pm »

It's going to be kind of difficult to argue that the system is broken if division champions with losing records get in... when said teams keep winning.

3-8-1 and left for dead to 7-8-1 and set a playoff record for fewest yards given up defensively.  Whover they face in the next round is going to have a tough time with them
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 08:24:03 pm »

3-8-1 and left for dead to 7-8-1 and set a playoff record for fewest yards given up defensively.  Whover they face in the next round is going to have a tough time with them

ha ha ha, yeah I don't think. so They suck. They beat a 3rd string QB keep it in perspective
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 09:57:18 pm »

Be hilarious if they make it to the super bowl

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 09:58:29 pm »

Be hilarious if they make it to the super bowl

Would be. But its not happening
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 10:06:23 pm »

ha ha ha, yeah I don't think. so They suck. They beat a 3rd string QB keep it in perspective

They'll make a game out of whoever they play
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray