Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 12:48:22 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  this years super bowl
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: this years super bowl  (Read 13234 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: January 18, 2015, 10:13:08 pm »

Will feature both of the head coaches hired by Robert Kraft. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 04:58:25 pm »

Don't care for Kraft and those two coaches, but have to give it to them all for simply knowing how to build a team  that knows how to win year in year out.  Crazy jealous, rooting for our team that's still so far away from becoming a team like the Pats.  Sick to my stomach, just thinking of Ross, Philbin and co. steering the ship for yet another 8-8 season!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 10:31:11 pm »

I just find it bit odd more isnt being made of the fact Carrol was fired and replaced by BB.

I have heard more discussion about RR facing the Jets, than Carroll facing Ne

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 12:24:22 am »

I see more about the "U MAD BRO?" rematch between Brady and Sherman than about the Carroll/BB/Kraft angle.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 08:40:17 am »

Has Pete Carrol been caught cheating in the NFL too? That could be another angle.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 01:29:12 pm »

If you're not cheating, you're not trying.

Frankly, I think this ball deflating stuff is a bunch of bunk. 

Here is what I don't "get."  Apparently it was D'Qwell Jackson who "noted" the ball difference after picking off Brady.  He then brought the ball attention to the official, or however it was handled at that point.

Uh, the score at that point was 14-0 - the Colts came down and scored making it 14-7.  NE went on to throttle Indy AFTER that.

I think a lot of people like to drum up a lot of crap.  This, IMHO, is "a lot of crap."

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 01:41:26 pm »

Ravens didn't lose because ne out played them, ravens lost because ne CHEATED with an in eligible reciver.

colts didn't lose bc ne out played them, colts lost bc ne CHEATED because a football lost some air. 

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 01:52:36 pm »

For the record I haven't seen anyone say they could only win by cheating ... just that they are under investigation for cheating. Considering their history of being caught cheating many people feel where there is smoke there is likely fire.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 02:17:27 pm »

For the record I haven't seen anyone say they could only win by cheating ... just that they are under investigation for cheating. Considering their history of being caught cheating many people feel where there is smoke there is likely fire.

Once, for filming from the wrong location something that was in plain view of thousands. And something BB never denied doing.  His defense was "I thought it was legal"

Was their some sort of conspiracy to let the air of a ball?  NO. Is it possible that one ball leaked some air?  Sure.  Keep in mind that at least one ref (typically more than one) handles the ball between each play, so if the ball felt significantly different a ref would have noticed.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 02:18:59 pm »

Maine, what does it matter when it was discovered? The ball was apparently under inflated as NE scored those 14 just as it was when they went on to "throttle" Indy. I don't get your point. NE played with the same balls all day so what does it matter when it was discovered? Cheating is cheating.

Now I do agree that if you aren't giving a little tug of a jersey you aren't really trying but if you get caught you have to pay the consequences. Anyone who has ever played football in cold and rainy or even snowy weather knows a ball with less air pressure is easier to grip. That is why there is a rule on how much air pressure there should be.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 02:20:43 pm »

if the ball felt significantly different a ref would have noticed.

This would hold water if it had been discovered by a ref while handling the ball but it wasn't.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 02:22:39 pm »

Maine, what does it matter when it was discovered? The ball was apparently under inflated as NE scored those 14 just as it was when they went on to "throttle" Indy. I don't get your point. NE played with the same balls all day so what does it matter when it was discovered? Cheating is cheating.

Now I do agree that if you aren't giving a little tug of a jersey you aren't really trying but if you get caught you have to pay the consequences. Anyone who has ever played football in cold and rainy or even snowy weather knows a ball with less air pressure is easier to grip. That is why there is a rule on how much air pressure there should be.

how did nep pull this off without the refs who handle the ball ever noticing?  It is not like the receiver gives the ball directly to the center.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 02:35:51 pm »

how did nep pull this off without the refs who handle the ball ever noticing?  It is not like the receiver gives the ball directly to the center.

ref holds the ball notices nothing places it on the ground for the center.  Center snaps ball, brady throws jackson catches ball to colts equipment manager, who gives it to ref.

Possibilities:

1. Ne deflated ball AND ref is totally incompetent.

2. Ball lost air pressure between ball being spotted and end of play

3. Colts equipment manager defeated ball or swapped balls hoping for an in game penalty against ne.

I am going with #2 slow leak, changing air temp, ball being spiked hard by defender.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 02:40:49 pm »

Did you seriously quote me with a questing then proceed to quote your own question and answer it?  Shocked
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 02:49:16 pm »

Did you seriously quote me with a questing then proceed to quote your own question and answer it?  Shocked
This would hold water if it had been discovered by a ref while handling the ball but it wasn't.

I meant to quote this

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray