Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 05:43:40 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  this years super bowl
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: this years super bowl  (Read 13240 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 03:06:54 pm »

Here is where it really gets weird in interviews before this happened, Brady has on multiple occasions said he find it easier to grip a ball that is overinflated rather under, so he tells the equipment manager to make sure they are at the max legal pressure not the minimum.   Brady gets snapped an under inflated ball and throws an int. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 03:36:58 pm »

This matchup doesn't really interest me all that much.  I'm kind of sick of both franchises.  It's villain vs. villain.  Bellichek and Carroll are both unlikeable and douchey.  Neither team is worth rooting for.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 04:04:59 pm »

^^ Agree wholeheartedly.  Had a similar feeling about the entire playoffs.  I have watched probably 5 or 6 hours of TOTAL postseason football.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2015, 04:10:29 pm »

This matchup doesn't really interest me all that much.  I'm kind of sick of both franchises.  It's villain vs. villain.  Bellichek and Carroll are both unlikeable and douchey.  Neither team is worth rooting for.
Seems to be the general sentiment. I can't remember the last time I felt this way.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2015, 04:12:29 pm »

I don't hate the Patriots like a lot of us do, but Bellichek's cheating and douchery is catching up with me.  It's so hard to like a guy that just seems like a miserable dick of a human being.  Even if cheating doesn't result in the wins (because I think his team is better anyway), he seems to always get caught with his hand in the cookie jar. 

The Seahawks, on the other-hand, are embarrassing.  ...crying and screaming that everyone counted them out.  Meanwhile, they're the defending champs and a 7 point favorite at home.  And played abysmally.

On one hand, I think I just want the Pats to win, because we all know they're good, so one more title doesn't really change anything.  On the other hand, I find it a little warming that they haven't won in 10 years, since this spygate stuff broke.  It seems like they're dominating the NFL, but they haven't been able to seal the deal.  It would be nice to see that continue. 

Meh....at least I'll see some good friends, have a beer, get fat, and play squares.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2015, 04:29:36 pm »

Go Seahawks!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2015, 04:29:54 pm »

On one hand, I think I just want the Pats to win,

Blasphemer!

I totally get the feeling on uninterest in the game though. I was thinking it earlier myself.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2015, 05:08:23 pm »

I don't want either team to win, but I'll pick the Patriots for the following reasons:

1) I still hate Carroll from when he was a coach with the Jets and made the choke sign when playing against the fins.

2) If the Patriots win, then next year some teams try a little harder against them knowing they are the reigning champs.

and most importantly..

3) the last two times the Patriots won the Super Bowl I won $1300.00 in a pool.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2015, 05:15:50 pm »

The Patriots legacy is already pretty cemented.  They have kicked our ass for a decade, they have one of the best coaches and QB ever in the game.  It is what it is.

Them winning another title doesn't change anything.

But there's a little bit of AFC pride in there, too.  The Patriots are assholes...but they're our assholes.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2015, 05:19:44 pm »

I'm just wondering how many Super Bowls Brady would have to lose before he's considered a choker.  4?  5?

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2015, 05:20:28 pm »

But there's a little bit of AFC pride in there, too.  The Patriots are assholes...but they're our assholes.

you don't see much of that type of thinking with pro teams, but often you get that with college teams.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2015, 05:23:13 pm »

I don't understand it at all. I don't root for hated rivals.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2015, 05:28:21 pm »

Part of it is that, as Dave said, whether NE wins or loses they will still be fellated by the media as demigods (based on achievements from a decade ago).  So if the media is going to slobber over Brady and Belichick no matter what, then at least an NE win makes the "the AFC East is the worst division in football" clowns shut up.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2015, 06:36:36 pm »

Here is where it really gets weird in interviews before this happened, Brady has on multiple occasions said he find it easier to grip a ball that is overinflated rather under, so he tells the equipment manager to make sure they are at the max legal pressure not the minimum.   

NOT SO FAST.... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/20/brady-said-in-2011-he-likes-deflated-footballs/
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2015, 06:52:17 pm »

So now we have conflicting reports on this ... wow!  Meanwhile greenbay qb has admitted to cheating by over inflating on national tv and no investigation

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray