Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:29:20 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Fins TRADE for Kenny Stills
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Fins TRADE for Kenny Stills  (Read 10108 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« on: March 13, 2015, 12:46:10 pm »

The Dolphins just traded with the Saints for WR Kenny Stills

Fins are giving up a 3rd round pick and Ellerbee
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:52:28 pm by MikeO » Logged
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 01:07:51 pm »

The Dolphins just traded with the Saints for WR Kenny Stills

Fins are giving up a 3rd round pick and Ellerbee

That's a steal for the Dolphins.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 01:20:49 pm »

No shocker Jeff Irleand works in New Orleans these days as a scout and special adviser. THANKS JEFF!!

Fins open up cap space and get a legit WR who makes no real money! Total steal by the Fins
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 01:44:14 pm »

we just need a crosby and a nash and we're all set !
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 01:48:26 pm »

I don't how this is a steal if they gave up a 3rd round pick. It's a good trade, but it's not a steal.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 01:50:55 pm »

Shocked that New Orleans would get rid of Stills. Young (22), has great hands, the speed to be a deep threat, and he has two years left on his rookie contract. If Miami does, indeed, cut ties with Mike Wallace after this coming season, they have his replacement already in the fold.

Jarvis Landry
Mike Wallace
Kenny Stills
Jordan Cameron
(hopefully) Charles Clay.

That definitely removes any urgency to draft a WR early, so Miami can focus on the LB/OG positions in the first two rounds.

Color me impressed with the Dolphins front office this offseason. They go get the big dog (Suh) for the defense, and then add two young talented receivers in Cameron and Stills for the offense.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 02:01:28 pm »

^^Rumor is Brees and Stills couldn't get on the same page and Brees wanted him gone
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 02:15:16 pm »

I don't how this is a steal if they gave up a 3rd round pick. It's a good trade, but it's not a steal.

Look at Stills production. Almost 1000 yards receiving in his second year, he's a 4.38 guy. But he also catches almost 80% of his targets. He's 23. He's cheap.

And you have to factor in that we threw in a player we were going to cut anyway and opened up a bunch more cap room.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 02:25:31 pm »

So, I was reading on a Saints Fan Forum just to see how they are looking at the trade.  A lot of them think that the Saints got robbed in giving up Stills and think the trade was only made because Brees didn't care for Stills.  They also seem oddly excited about getting Ellerbe so I'm not sure I'd put a lot of stock in what they are thinking. 
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 03:01:43 pm »

we just need a crosby and a nash and we're all set !

They play hockey. I'm not sure they would be good additions for us.  Grin
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 03:10:52 pm »

They also seem oddly excited about getting Ellerbe so I'm not sure I'd put a lot of stock in what they are thinking. 

A lot of Miami fans seemed oddly excited about getting Ellerbe 2 years ago, so... Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 03:18:28 pm »

NFL Network reporting Miami is OFFICIALLY putting Wallace on the trade block this afternoon. Letting everyone know he is available.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 03:33:45 pm »

A lot of Miami fans seemed oddly excited about getting Ellerbe 2 years ago, so... Wink

that was me, sir.  I seem to be the only one that thinks Ellerbe was a decent player.  I think he got linked to Wheeler, who was awful, and people just wanted them both gone.  I think Ellerbe is a good enough player, but Stills is good compensation for him.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 04:11:15 pm »

Ellerbe was ranked dead last at his position in 2013. He then proceeded to miss the entire season in 2014.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 05:02:39 pm »

Ellerbe was ranked dead last at his position in 2013. He then proceeded to miss the entire season in 2014.

Yeah, but the year before, when he finally got the chance to start during the second half of the season, he had put up some decent numbers, notching double-digit tackles in a bunch of games. That's why Miami thought he was worth signing.

Of course, then came 2013, and as noted, he stunk like the south side of a northbound mule.

Good riddance, Mr. Ellerbe...don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray