Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:43:19 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Fins TRADE for Kenny Stills
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Fins TRADE for Kenny Stills  (Read 10101 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2015, 01:08:20 pm »

I've seen a lot of Saints fans ecstatic about this deal.  They love they get a 3rd rounder and a serviceable LB (who is expected to restructure his contract or get cut) for a head case/locker room cancer who was disliked by Brees. They also mentioned it was not uncommon to see Stills partying in the French Quarter deep into the morning on game day.  Mainly, they're just happy Stills is somebody else's problem now.

Not 1 report from a legit source called him a "head case" or a "locker-room cancer"....that is overstating it a bit. Provide one example of such behavior in New Orleans.

He and Brees weren't on the same page, that's all I have seen reported. Don't make stuff up
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015, 01:34:17 pm »

I've seen a lot of Saints fans ecstatic about this deal.  They love they get a 3rd rounder and a serviceable LB (who is expected to restructure his contract or get cut) for a head case/locker room cancer who was disliked by Brees. They also mentioned it was not uncommon to see Stills partying in the French Quarter deep into the morning on game day.  Mainly, they're just happy Stills is somebody else's problem now.

I found this curious, as I had never heard anything like that before. So, I went digging...at one of the larger Saints message boards. I figured there would be some sort of talk about what reasons were behind New Orleans wanting to deal Stills. I read through 32 pages of comments about the trade, and while there were a few comments about his personality, there wasn't anything specific, only people who figured that his personality was the only possible reason that the Saints would trade him. That said, I saw at least an equal number of Saints fans asking what the hell those other fans were talking about, as they always saw Stills as a good character guy and a total professional.

Here is a link to the thread I read through:

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/saints-trade-stills-miami-recd-3rd-round-pick-lb-dannell-ellerbe-338991/

The only off-field problems I could find was a single DUI when he was at Oklahoma, and I can forgive a college kid one alcohol-based transgression. Besides, he sounded pretty contrite about it and hasn't had any more issues.  In short, until I see something concrete that supports a random fan claim of him being a problem child, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2015, 02:02:23 pm »

Not saying anything I saw was fact or even my opinion. However, that's what I did see coming from the various comments sections following the articles I read about the trade.  I just thought it was worth noting those opinions here. I normally don't take much stock in the validity of any comments section anyway.  I was just curious what the New Orleans reaction might be.  What I posted were common threads that echoed repeatedly.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2015, 02:38:35 pm »

^^^ One of the things that I thought was the most interesting when reading through the Saints fans' comments in that trade thread was how many of them thought that Ellerbe was a good linebacker.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2015, 03:25:55 pm »

Unless you want to argue the semantics between an "even trade" and a "pretty even" trade, then yeah, you did say it was an even trade.
Yes I would like to argue semantics.

These were my first words on the topic:

I don't how this is a steal if they gave up a 3rd round pick. It's a good trade, but it's not a steal.

And then I followed that up with:

Now factor in that Miami gave a 3rd round pick and that evens things out pretty dramatically. I never said it was a bad trade, I like the trade, I just don't think it's a steal by any means.

You have to go down to my third post where I said it was "Pretty even". Not even. "Pretty even". Combine that with my first 2 posts and it's CLEAR what I said and what I meant.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 03:34:17 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2015, 03:39:53 pm »

^^^ One of the things that I thought was the most interesting when reading through the Saints fans' comments in that trade thread was how many of them thought that Ellerbe was a good linebacker.

I found that interesting as well.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2015, 03:57:04 pm »

Ellerbee made the game winning tackle near the goal-line in a super bowl. People will remember that play. So for those who hadn't thought about him or seen him since that game (probably all Saints fans) that is their last memory of him. And they figure he was just hurt last year and its no big deal.

Ellerbee played out of position his first year in Miami. I think last year had he not got hurt, him playing at OLB he would have been good and much better So if the Saints use him right, he will be fine. An above average LB but not a game changer. Miami won't miss him by any means but he is a nice player. Saints are probably overly excited which is ok. Most fans are overly excited about guys they sign in March
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2015, 04:15:59 pm »

Saints are probably overly excited which is ok. Most fans are overly excited about guys they sign in March
Exactly. I would add that most fans under appreciate guys that aren't superstars.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 04:18:47 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray