Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:45:29 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Wallace to Vikings might happen tonight
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Wallace to Vikings might happen tonight  (Read 14295 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2015, 07:45:23 am »

I have read in a lot of places but haven't seen it confirmed by anyone. The 5th round pick Miami got for Wallace is the first pick in Round 5. So if thats true that's a nice little bonus but like I said, not sure if that is accurate
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2015, 09:01:31 am »

What a terrible move.  Jarvis landry is not that good.  His 10 receptions for like 35 yards the last game is good?  How many picks were bounced off his hands?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2015, 10:34:49 am »

Jarvis landry is not that good. ...How many picks were bounced off his hands?

Are you high? Among WRs with at least 50 catches last season, Landry was top-5 in catch rate. The guy is about as sure-handed as WRs get.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2015, 11:27:42 am »

Are you high? Among WRs with at least 50 catches last season, Landry was top-5 in catch rate. The guy is about as sure-handed as WRs get.

And limited in speed and size which makes him only able to play the slot receiver position.   This team had its deep threat in Wallace and traded him away for basically a pound of honey chicken and a quart of pork fried rice.   Funny how two prolific receivers (Marshall and Wallace) came here for big bucks and underperformed.  Marshall played better in Chicago and I'll bet Wallace is going to light it up in Minnesota.

To paraphrase Bill Clinton when he first ran for President, "It's the coaching, stupid"
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2015, 11:37:52 am »

This team had its deep threat in Wallace and traded him away for basically a pound of honey chicken and a quart of pork fried rice.  

Or...this team had it's deep threat who whined too much and caught the ball too little, and dealt him away once we had a younger, better deep threat to replace him.

Marshall played better in Chicago...

And in an eerie parallel, Brandon Marshall, like Mike Wallace, was just traded for a 5th round pick. I'm sure you recognize both receivers' value much better than their (now) former employers though, seeing as how you're so close to the situation.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2015, 01:09:40 pm »

And limited in speed and size which makes him only able to play the slot receiver position.   This team had its deep threat in Wallace and traded him away for basically a pound of honey chicken and a quart of pork fried rice.   Funny how two prolific receivers (Marshall and Wallace) came here for big bucks and underperformed.  Marshall played better in Chicago and I'll bet Wallace is going to light it up in Minnesota.

To paraphrase Bill Clinton when he first ran for President, "It's the coaching, stupid"

Landshark, your act is old. it's tired. What your saying makes zero sense.

If Marshall was so good in Chicago why did they give him away?
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2015, 01:29:44 pm »

I would have liked to see how Wallace preformed this year, as I think he was finally starting to show some maturity.  But, I'm not terribly upset he was traded given his past lack of performance, and cap cost.  Many blamed Tannehill for being out of sync with passes to Wallace, but I think Wallace's inconsistent route running was the reason for under throwing and overthrowing to Wallace; I expect Tannehill to actual improve with Wallace gone.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2015, 03:35:16 pm »

Vikings just cut Greg Jennings. Jennings and Philbin has ties from GB. Miami needs a WR. Would not be shocked to see the Fins kick the tires on Jennings
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2015, 05:11:50 pm »

Jennings would be fine to kick the tires on as a #3 WR, but only if he is cheap and comfortable being essentially the 5th option to throw to.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2015, 05:28:57 pm »

Vikings just cut Greg Jennings. Jennings and Philbin has ties from GB. Miami needs a WR. Would not be shocked to see the Fins kick the tires on Jennings

Not a big surprise, he was due to make $9 Million this year.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2015, 07:57:24 pm »

Landshark, your act is old. it's tired. What your saying makes zero sense.

If Marshall was so good in Chicago why did they give him away?

We're debating the true value of Mike Wallace and Brandon Marshall and you call me the name of a beer label??   You've taken weirdness to new heights, pal!!

Maybe the Bears and Fins gave up their most talented receivers for the same reason the Marlins always give away their most talented players... they weren't winning with them, so try something without them.  While that approach gets you younger and cheaper, it doesn't always work.  And it certainly doesn't please the fans who are paying for the $10 beers at the Joe
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 08:08:54 pm by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray