Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 11:04:55 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Jury is deliberating in the Aaron Hernandez trial
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Jury is deliberating in the Aaron Hernandez trial  (Read 31872 times)
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2015, 12:18:58 pm »

All I can say is: for all the bluster about Vick, I don't know of any converted Eagles or Jets fans.  So either Dolphins fans have more moral fiber than fans of those teams, or it's easy to talk about how you would quit being a fan when it's all hypothetical morality.

Yes.

I'd still watch. Vick committed a terrible crime - though not the worst, by a longshot - and then he paid his debt to society in terms of a prison sentence, etc. It's done and it's over. There's no point in hashing it out further than what the courts did unless you want to grind an axe, IMO.

Likewise, with Peterson, I just... meh. Look, ppl have beaten their girlfriends/wives/SO's pretty badly and come back to play for the Dolphins. I seem to recall Randy McMichael beating the crap out of his wife and then coming back for the 'phins. Personally though, I'm probably numb to it bc I represent these types of ppl sometimes, tho SC's law regarding DV is just ridiculous beyond all bounds. None of this is to say that the hitting of a child with an implement is good. I'm just saying I think this is more common than one might admit, and whatever our squeamishness with the whole deal, the law can be overzealous regarding prosecution of these types of people.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2015, 03:41:57 pm »

In the eyes of the general public, weed dealing is not the work of upstanding citizens, and in the eyes of most people, someone who gets killed by someone they were dealing drugs with is at least somewhat complicit in hanging around with seedy characters.

Your argument is still off base then. The drug dealer was not killed. That guy has nothing to do with this except he was a witness...for the prosecution.

Hernandez allegedly killed two people he stood behind in line for a night club and an extended family member (use of the word family loosely used for today's standards of the modern family).

Also, in general public the use and sale of weed is now considered acceptable and has been approved as a legitimate business offering in many places (and is on the way in many more).

You are confusing the victims with a witness and calling the victims thugs. You are indeed being judgmental and doing it without the correct information.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2015, 03:43:18 pm »

it's easy to talk about how you would quit being a fan when it's all hypothetical morality.

We have a winner here folks.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2015, 03:45:58 pm »

I seem to recall Randy McMichael beating the crap out of his wife and then coming back for the 'phins.
And being defended in our recent second most famous Dolphin competition.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2015, 04:22:58 pm »

I really feel like I'm being misrepresented here.  I'm speaking on behalf of the general public, from what I hear on the radio and TV about this case.  I am not knowledgeable about anything in regards to the people involved.  The media is throwing around terms like "gang activity" and "bluntmaster". 

I just feel that people are much more willing to feel sorry for dogs than the victims of Aaron Hernandez, because it's a more complicated story.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2015, 04:54:43 pm »

Maybe that's my fault, but if you are hearing that stuff somewhere then the case is being completely misrepresented and nothing bothers more than hearing people throw aspersions without facts. None of these victims were the "bluntmaster" or gang related at all. If people can't take the time to investigate facts enough to determine who the victims are they really don't need to be commenting. This is especially true for the media.

*Disclaimer: The "bluntmaster" was a victim of a crime by Hernandez but he did not pursue a case against him and there are no charges pending.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2015, 05:43:40 pm »

What was the defense I was hearing "Hernandez would never kill his bluntmaster"?  Did I hear that incorrectly?

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2015, 05:58:03 pm »

This is a complicated story. Hernandez shot "the bluntmaster" in the past. He was shot in the face and lost an eye but never pressed charges. He never identified his shooter. We can only assume why, he was indeed a weed dealer so there is one thing. Maybe he was scared Hernandez would come back and finish him could be another. Whatever reason, he didn't until Hernandez was linked to these murders.

In the current trial, the loosely used term extended family victim, the prosecution wanted to have the bluntmaster testify about being shot. The judge ruled that they could not use this past event as evidence in his trial. The defense then went and opened the door that there is no motive in this current case because they cannot fathom why Hernandez would shoot a friend. The prosecution then went back to the judge and said the defense opened the door. We have an "eye"  Wink witness or victim if you will that survived Hernandez shooting a friend. If the defense opens the door the prosecution felt they should be able to slam it closed behind them. The judge ruled that testimony of a prior shooting still could not be heard.

So, there is really not even a defense about shooting the bluntmaster because the jury was not able to hear Hernandez had shot the bluntmaster.

What you might have heard had less to do with his current charges and was someone discussing the prosecution's motion to be able to introduce an earlier shooting. Really tough to say for sure what you may have heard or may have thought you heard.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 06:00:54 pm by Phishfan » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2015, 06:10:39 pm »

I see.  Thanks. 

I hope the bluntmaster can still roll proper blunts with the loss of his eye.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2015, 06:56:58 pm »

Well it turns out after all my high grandstanding I confused the nicknames. I had not heard bluntmaster and though it referred to Bradley who was the dealer. It actually refers to Lloyd who smoked with Hernandez.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2015, 09:39:00 am »

So, he did kill the bluntmaster?  That sucks.  Now his blunts are probably loose and full of seeds.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2015, 10:02:26 am »

And being defended in our recent second most famous Dolphin competition.

Not second most famous Dolphin, but second "favorite" Dolphin...which makes it even more applicable to this conversation.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2015, 10:34:05 am »

Hernandez found GUILTY!!!

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2015, 10:39:20 am »

See ya Hernandez!
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2015, 10:41:05 am »

Hernandez found GUILTY!!!

Now this scumbag will stay where he belongs.  I heard his ID was stolen from him and sold on eBay
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray