Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 14, 2024, 05:50:54 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  La'el Collins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: La'el Collins  (Read 25244 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 11:35:38 pm »

Turns out the baby survived the shooting.  

The baby actually didn't survive...she passed away this evening.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2015, 08:03:46 am »

The baby actually didn't survive...she passed away this evening.

Sad to hear.  Now whoever is responsible for this is looking at two murder charges.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2015, 08:30:16 am »

I would  risk a 4th on him, offer him 2nd round total dollars,  non guaranteed.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 09:25:15 am »

He has no choice to sign for whatever the slot is. He can hold out, but if he doesn't sign, he can't re-enter the draft. Pretty sure he can't do anything for a whole year either.

He just has to accept this and play well enough to earn that huge contract. Was the baby his?

EDIT: NFL spokesman says that he can't re-enter the draft next year, but the CBA doesn't really mention a situation like this. So, it could be a legal battle. Or as was mentioned above, draft him in the 5th for 2nd round money to get him to sign IF he is innocent.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:33:39 am by EDGECRUSHER » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2015, 09:54:48 am »

He has no choice to sign for whatever the slot is. He can hold out, but if he doesn't sign, he can't re-enter the draft. Pretty sure he can't do anything for a whole year either.

He just has to accept this and play well enough to earn that huge contract. Was the baby his?

EDIT: NFL spokesman says that he can't re-enter the draft next year, but the CBA doesn't really mention a situation like this. So, it could be a legal battle. Or as was mentioned above, draft him in the 5th for 2nd round money to get him to sign IF he is innocent.

the rules are clear, if he is drafted and holds out he reenters the draft.  If he goes undrafted he becomes an udfa and can not be drafted next year

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2015, 09:59:49 am »

Well then, screw that spokesman.

Still seems like that would be a terrible idea. Who is spending a 1st rounder on a guy who sat out a whole year doing nothing?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2015, 04:15:52 pm »

Still undrafted. I don't see how you don't use a 7th rounder on the kid.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2015, 04:18:21 pm »

Still undrafted. I don't see how you don't use a 7th rounder on the kid.

someone probably will. Could see Seattle, Buffalo, or Dallas doing so
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2015, 05:14:53 pm »

Maybe it is a PR thing.  Teams don't want to be the team that drafted him if he ends up getting charged.  All the non-sports news headlines would read "Dolphins (or whoever) draft murderer!"
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2015, 05:27:19 pm »

Every NFL team has a wife beater or drunk driver or criminal on their roster.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he goes undrafted, then he can sign with any team for whatever money he can negotiate for? If he is cleared of all charges in say 2 weeks, then he is a 1st round talent who is essentially a free agent. No slot money. So, he can sign for a lot more than if he was drafted in the 7th round. Worth the risk.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 06:14:09 pm »

Yeah but murder. He might be involved in a murder here nobody really knows and nobody wants to take the risk
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 11:39:53 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he goes undrafted, then he can sign with any team for whatever money he can negotiate for? If he is cleared of all charges in say 2 weeks, then he is a 1st round talent who is essentially a free agent. No slot money. So, he can sign for a lot more than if he was drafted in the 7th round. Worth the risk.

Even UDFA's have a rookie wage scale attached to them.   Sucks no one took a flyer on him.  I feel bad for the guy if he's innocent.   And my team's O-Line was just as bad as yours last year, if not worse. 

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2015, 09:30:12 am »

IF this kid is cleared its going to be a recruiting effort to sign him. Better hope Jarvis Landry and Anthony Collins were tight with this kid and BFF's with him from their time together at LSU
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2015, 11:43:00 am »

Here is the most Collins can make. So if he is cleared it esentially is up to him where he goes as the money is maxed out for him per the terms below..

La'el Collins can earn a maximum $521,957 this year... UDFA max signing bonus is $86,957 + rookie base salary of $435K

Having no state income tax might come into play and help  teams like Jags, Fins, and Bucs
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 11:48:47 am by MikeO » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2015, 11:58:35 am »

Miami can't guarantee him a starting job, but it would be his best chance to start in Week 1. On paper, we are a playoff team. In execution, that's a different story.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray