Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2024, 03:47:22 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Brady suspended 4 games; NE loses a 1st, 4th, and $1M
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Brady suspended 4 games; NE loses a 1st, 4th, and $1M  (Read 46762 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2015, 12:23:15 am »

Tampering with footballs is at least as severe as PEDs (and has a very similar impact).  The penalty for first-time offenders of the PED policy is... a 4-game suspension.  If multiple other employees of the organization had conspired to provide PEDs to a player and were caught doing so, what do you think the punishment for the organization would be?

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2015, 12:29:40 am »

I am open to debate, Spider.

But I would like to ask, is there any scientific basis to your first statement?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2015, 12:35:48 am »

The purpose behind taking PEDs is to gain an illicit advantage in the competition.
The purpose behind tampering with the equipment is... to gain an illicit advantage in the competition.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2015, 09:59:54 am »

This is like sentencing somebody to prison and a four figure fine for jaywalking.             

No, it's like getting arrested for jaywalking and then lying on the stand and getting sentenced to prison for contempt of court.

You fail to understand that the severity of the punishment is for the cover-up, not just the act.

I drink your milkshake!
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2015, 10:03:25 am »

No, it's like getting arrested for jaywalking and then lying on the stand and getting sentenced to prison for contempt of court.

You fail to understand that the severity of the punishment is for the cover-up, not just the act.

+1.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2015, 10:46:44 am »

Most everyone is missing that but it has been my point for a while. The advantage or non advantage of deflation is no point in the discussion, the act is part of the discussion, the cover-up is the meat of the discussion when talking about the penalties.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2015, 11:01:52 am »

I respect Tom Brady as being one of the best, if not the best, QB's in the NFL.  However, his smugness following the Ravens game were he told them they should read the rule book.  And his smugness prior to the Super Bowl were he LIED about deflating the footballs.  Followed by Kraft's Tom Hagen impersonation demanding that the NFL owed them an apology; makes me wish they suspended Brady for a year.  Brady, his agent, and the Pat's whole organization needs to stop whining and take their medicine.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2015, 11:10:06 am »

I respect Tom Brady as being one of the best, if not the best, QB's in the NFL. 

Top 5?  Maybe.  I would take Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Luck, hell even Russell Wilson before Tom Tom.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2015, 11:21:33 am »

IMO, the NFL is responsible for 2 things:

- Protecting the safety of its players
- Protecting itself by ensuring the game is played with integrity and fairness

The Patriots have been skirting the "rules" for years.  Now they are lying about it to try not to get caught - AGAIN.  

So, tell me again how this is "not that big of a deal" when you clearly REPEATEDLY undermine the integrity of the league and then lie about it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2015, 11:21:48 am »

This is another discussion, but if you take Wilson before Brady, you need your head examined.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2015, 12:19:58 pm »

This is another discussion, but if you take Wilson before Brady, you need your head examined.
LOL okay MikeO, thanks for the passive aggressive insult.

You're right though, this is for another discussion, so let's get back to Brady being a dirty lying cheater...

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2015, 12:32:01 pm »

^^^ That wasn't MikeO and I agree with the statement.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2015, 12:37:42 pm »

Anyone who takes Wilson over Brady or think Wilson is better than Brady today is nuts! (since my name came up I figured I should chime in)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2015, 12:48:56 pm »

LOL okay MikeO, thanks for the passive aggressive insult.

No insult meant.  Much love, Tenshot.

But I do think you're nuttier than a squirrel turd.  I'll start a new thread.  Smiley

I drink your milkshake!
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2015, 08:11:23 pm »

This just in.  The Patriots have signed undrafted Dom Grady out of Western Michigan to play QB in weeks 1-4 during Tom Brady's suspension. 

http://imgur.com/9hakMZm
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:13:50 pm by BuccaneerBrad » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray