Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2024, 03:31:44 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Brady suspended 4 games; NE loses a 1st, 4th, and $1M
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Brady suspended 4 games; NE loses a 1st, 4th, and $1M  (Read 46716 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2015, 05:56:37 pm »

Why would he destroy his phone to protect himself? If they made him supply his phone records it would show all of his texts. If he didn't provide them the information they requested I'd hope they would suspend him for a year and then until he released them. There is no question they have probable cause and the only way for him, the employee, to prove he was right is to furnish it.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2015, 07:19:06 pm »

Sad truth is, he will almost surely appeal it and hope the courts file an injunction, allowing him to play while this gets sorted out.
The problem with that is the court is not inclined to wait till after the season to settle this. If he files an injunction and the courts uphold the suspension by December he could be looking at missing the LAST 4 games of the season. Brady's lawyers might be confident about him winning in the courts, but I'm not and if he does take this all the way to the courts, then you can bet a lot more shit is gonna be dug up on Brady. We are going to be hearing about all kinds of shit that Brady has done in the NFL and it ain't all gonna be pretty. Brady is losing this battle. It's time for him to shut up and take his punishment, it's only going to get worse for him in the public eye if he doesn't.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2015, 09:07:16 pm »

If Brady appeals this and it goes to a jury trial he will get an injunction. Meaning he will play the entire 2015 season. And at Brady's age he could retire after this year and never face a suspension really or at worst face the suspension in 2016. The only downside for Brady to do this is it would cost him more than $10 mill and possibly much much more and closer to $20 mill in lawyers and investigators to fight this and fight the league for an entire year. I know he is rich beyond belief but does he want to give up that kind of money?! Knowing he probably can't win this anyway and he will face a suspension.

There would be no trial during the season as these types of trials take months to get a court date, so Brady wouldn't miss any games this year or in the middle or the year or end of the year. The league and the NFLPA wouldn't want an in-season trial as they are just too busy so both sides would petition the court to have the trial in the offseason.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 09:08:59 pm by MikeO » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2015, 09:15:12 pm »

If Brady appeals this and it goes to a jury trial he will get an injunction.
Agreed, but it's too soon to know if it will go to trial.

And at Brady's age he could retire after this year and never face a suspension really or at worst face the suspension in 2016. The only downside for Brady to do this is it would cost him more than $10 mill and possibly much much more and closer to $20 mill in lawyers and investigators to fight this and fight the league for an entire year.
That and losing the respect of most people outside of New England.

There would be no trial during the season, so Brady wouldn't miss any games this year or in the middle of the year or end of the year.
There is no guarantee that Brady is entitled to a trial. Read the following. It's quite possible the courts could simply refuse to try the case and if that happens Brady is back on the hook for the suspension and that very well could occur before the end of the year.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13332578/undefined

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2015, 09:32:44 pm »

There is no guarantee that Brady is entitled to a trial. Read the following. It's quite possible the courts could simply refuse to try the case and if that happens Brady is back on the hook for the suspension and that very well could occur before the end of the year.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13332578/undefined

NFL Network and ESPN has all but confirmed that with their legal analysts and such it won't be an in-season suspension taking place outside of the first 4 weeks. It will be a 4 game suspension to start a year (this year or next.) Other players have fought suspensions and had them pushed off till the following year to open the season. None have sprung up mid-season
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2015, 09:38:20 pm »

NFL Network and ESPN has all but confirmed that with their legal analysts and such it won't be an in-season suspension taking place outside of the first 4 weeks. It will be a 4 game suspension to start a year (this year or next.) Other players have fought suspensions and had them pushed off till the following year to open the season. None have sprung up mid-season
Even if you're right, barring some kind of injury or something you really think Brady is just gonna quit after 2015? A 4 game suspension to start the 2016 season is not a win for Tom Brady or the Patriots and the one thing better for the Dolphins than a 4 game suspension for Brady to start 2015 is his retirement after 2015.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 09:40:50 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2015, 10:11:48 pm »

To get an injunction, he has to prove to the judge that he can win this case. He can't. He has to challenge the process of how the suspension went down, not the facts themselves. He is screwed with the facts.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2015, 10:30:24 pm »

A boatload of reports are coming out on this.  Tom Brady is threatening to sue the league.  The league has already filed suit in Manhattan to uphold the suspension.  And there was a leak from a source in the NFL offices that Goodell would've reduced the suspension to two games if Brady had admitted to what he was doing.

I think it's time for Goodell to show he's got the backbone to clean this league up the whole way.  If they can make teams vacate wins in college, they should be able to in the NFL as well.  Strip the Patriots of their Super Bowl, and reopen the Spygate investigation. 

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2015, 06:10:54 am »

Even if you're right, barring some kind of injury or something you really think Brady is just gonna quit after 2015? A 4 game suspension to start the 2016 season is not a win for Tom Brady or the Patriots and the one thing better for the Dolphins than a 4 game suspension for Brady to start 2015 is his retirement after 2015.

I didn't say he was going to quit. There is speculation at this age he could retire after this year. He isn't that young. He is at that age where he could retire any time now, he is gonna be 38 next week. Most guys don't play to 39 and 40 in the NFL
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2015, 09:04:13 am »

If Brady appeals this and it goes to a jury trial he will get an injunction. Meaning he will play the entire 2015 season. And at Brady's age he could retire after this year and never face a suspension really or at worst face the suspension in 2016. The only downside for Brady to do this is it would cost him more than $10 mill and possibly much much more and closer to $20 mill in lawyers and investigators to fight this and fight the league for an entire year. I know he is rich beyond belief but does he want to give up that kind of money?! Knowing he probably can't win this anyway and he will face a suspension.

There would be no trial during the season as these types of trials take months to get a court date, so Brady wouldn't miss any games this year or in the middle or the year or end of the year. The league and the NFLPA wouldn't want an in-season trial as they are just too busy so both sides would petition the court to have the trial in the offseason.
I really don't see a scenario happening where he serves the suspension. Isn't the appeal being done by the players union? If so ... wouldn't they foot the bill?

Edited to add ...

Brady also confirmed that he will be taking the case to federal court with the help of the NFL Player's Union
He said he did not want his 'unfair discipline' to set a precedent for other players in the league

So Brady is going out on a limb to help other players? What a super guy he is!!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 09:18:13 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2015, 09:29:43 am »

^^Problem is if Brady takes this to federal court he will have to testify under oath. He will have to answer a lot of questions, be crossed examined in public and be on the record. And remember...this is the guy who just recently  was willing to take  a 1 game suspension as long as the NFL sealed the files to this whole case. The NFL said no to sealing the files.

So to go from wanting everything sealed to then going to sitting on a witness stand on the record and opening yourself up to being crossed examined....that is a huge leap. I don't see that happening.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2015, 09:46:04 am »

Why would he destroy his phone to protect himself? If they made him supply his phone records it would show all of his texts. If he didn't provide them the information they requested I'd hope they would suspend him for a year and then until he released them. There is no question they have probable cause and the only way for him, the employee, to prove he was right is to furnish it.

I'm not sure but since this is not a criminal investigation I don't think the NFL can simply ask the service provider to give up the records. I assume Brady would have to get them and then turn them over. How much alteration could have been done during that process?

I'm no expert so I may be wrong.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2015, 10:07:02 am »

I'm not sure but since this is not a criminal investigation I don't think the NFL can simply ask the service provider to give up the records. I assume Brady would have to get them and then turn them over. How much alteration could have been done during that process?

I'm no expert so I may be wrong.
That is true. Brady would have to voluntarily give them the records.  I just think if (employee)Brady refuses to turn over the phone he used for work(texting the equipment managers) that they (NFL) has every right to impose a punishment. I work for the government and my phone records actually becomes public record the moment I use it for anything work related. 

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2015, 10:28:11 am »

Robert Kraft is running his mouth this morning. Another guy who doesn't know how or when to shut up. He is now saying he wishes he took legal action against the league in May and regrets accepting the punishment/fine. And Kraft said he was wrong to put his faith in the league.

This clown thinks he is totally above the rules and law. That his team should never be punished for anything. They have gotten away with so much for so long they live in a bubble and think they can do what they want.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2015, 12:02:36 pm »

If this goes to court then the ballboys will be forced to testify under oath, if I were them I wouldn't want to perjure myself over this; so the real truth would come out.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray