Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2024, 05:34:08 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Brady suspended 4 games; NE loses a 1st, 4th, and $1M
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Brady suspended 4 games; NE loses a 1st, 4th, and $1M  (Read 46795 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2015, 03:34:37 pm »

^^ How do you know he didn't destroy it after he met with Wells.

Wells: where's your phone, Tom?
Brady: I don't have to give you my phone
Wells: Well, it sure would help the investigation
Brady: F off, I'm not giving you shit

Later that day:
Brady: Hey, Aaron, remember me, its your friend, Tom
Aaron Hernandez: What's up Tom?
Brady: I hear you're an expert at destroying phones...
Aaron: yeah man, just hit that shit with a hammer, you'll be fine...
Brady: Gotcha, later bro.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 03:38:42 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2015, 03:56:16 pm »

Brady had his assistant destroy his phone March 6th the day he was to meet with Ted Wells (not a coincidence he destroyed it that day)....he didn't tell Wells that day he destroyed it during the meeting when Wells asked him about the phone. He didn't tell anyone until June that he destroyed it back in March. That is where he looks guilty. He led Wells and the NFL on with the fact he still had the phone when he knew he didn't!

That phone was his defense against the ball boys who provided the texts to Wells and the NFL. Brady's phone would have "confirmed" their story and the texts they provided or it would have shot there story down. Clearly...it confirms it and he destroyed the phone for a reason on the morning he was meeting with Wells and the league.

Brady cheated. He got caught. He then lied. It's just that simple. Anyone still trying to defend him and spin this to his defense is just lost. Brady is no different than ARod, Bonds, Armstrong, Palmerio, Sosa and the others who got caught "cheating" in sports. Get caught....then lie about it. The mountain of evidence against Brady is just too much to give him the benefit of the doubt.
You forgot Roger Clemons on your list.  I know you were just making a point, but I really don't like him and should be on any "cheater" list.

Also, Brady is a dirty, rotten, lying cheater.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2015, 05:03:26 pm »

^^ How do you know he didn't destroy it after he met with Wells.

Wells: where's your phone, Tom?
Brady: I don't have to give you my phone
Wells: Well, it sure would help the investigation
Brady: F off, I'm not giving you shit

Later that day:
Brady: Hey, Aaron, remember me, its your friend, Tom
Aaron Hernandez: What's up Tom?
Brady: I hear you're an expert at destroying phones...
Aaron: yeah man, just hit that shit with a hammer, you'll be fine...
Brady: Gotcha, later bro.

Brady and his "team of people" told the NFL when the phone was destroyed the morning of March 6th before his meeting with Wells.  He is playing the "dumb" card that he didn't know Wells would want his phone. Anyone with an IQ over 2 knows Brady was "tipped off" that his phone was going to be an issue that morning during the interview so he destroyed the evidence before the interview.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2015, 05:09:11 pm »

Brady and his "team of people" told the NFL when the phone was destroyed the morning of March 6th before his meeting with Wells. 

No they didn't. The NFL didn't know the phone was destroyed until Brady's appeal.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/07/28/nfl-upholds-tom-brady-four-game-suspension/fhOdVIaay3E0lPOIyt4A1J/story.html

Wells had developed potentially damaging evidence of tampering from the cellphones of Patriots football ball attendants Jim McNally and John Jastremski, and he began asking for Brady’s phone records more than two weeks before he interviewed the quarterback March 6. Wells did so again during the session.

At no time during that period did Brady disclose that his cellphone had been destroyed, according to Goodell. He said records show Brady stopped using the phone no earlier than March 5 and no later than March 6, the day of the interview.

What’s more, Brady did not inform the NFL that he had the phone destroyed until June 18 and did not confirm it until his 10-hour appeal hearing June 23 at NFL headquarters in New York, Goodell stated.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 05:12:08 pm by Phishfan » Logged
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2015, 06:30:37 pm »

You might not care but the league does and the court will since that is the evidence in this matter.  Roll Eyes

This isn't a "he said-she said" because there is evidence and its the cell phones and those text messages. One side (the ball boys) provided there phones to the league as evidence when they were asked about the text messages. And those text messages show Brady to be guilty. The other side, Brady, didn't provide the phone and if he didn't want to give up the physical phone, he could have had the texts printed out and the transcripts presented, he failed to do that as well. Then he lied about it for months. He destroyed the phone March 6th (just happens to be the day he had a meeting with Ted Wells and the NFL Investigation) but didn't tell the league that info till June. If you don't see that this is the central issue here, well then you are lost and confused on the issue.

Why do you quote me if you aren't going to answer a simple question I ask in the quote; and go on to regurgitate the same statements over and over again??  The points you are trying to make have nothing to do with what I was posting about; I find this is a common occurrence in your posts.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2015, 07:23:13 pm »

Why do you quote me if you aren't going to answer a simple question I ask in the quote; and go on to regurgitate the same statements over and over again??  The points you are trying to make have nothing to do with what I was posting about; I find this is a common occurrence in your posts.

You keep saying you don't care about text messaging when those texts is what the whole case is about at this point. The evidence he tampered with and destroyed. If you don't care about the central issue of the case as of today, then I don't know what to tell ya. Your question is silly and makes zero sense.

If Brady didn't destroy his phone and just provided the transcripts of his texts with the 2 ball boys he would be looking at a 1 or 2 game suspension and this would be over with. He didn't. He destroyed the phone. He lied to the league. He mislead the investigators. He is defiant and the case now is less about the balls being deflated and tampered with for that game and its all about him not working with the league and trying to hide evidence and lying to them.

You don't understand the case clearly and what's going on. Your questions make no sense that's why I am not answering them
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2015, 09:10:08 pm »

You keep saying you don't care about text messaging when those texts is what the whole case is about at this point. The evidence he tampered with and destroyed. If you don't care about the central issue of the case as of today, then I don't know what to tell ya. Your question is silly and makes zero sense.

If Brady didn't destroy his phone and just provided the transcripts of his texts with the 2 ball boys he would be looking at a 1 or 2 game suspension and this would be over with. He didn't. He destroyed the phone. He lied to the league. He mislead the investigators. He is defiant and the case now is less about the balls being deflated and tampered with for that game and its all about him not working with the league and trying to hide evidence and lying to them.

You don't understand the case clearly and what's going on. Your questions make no sense that's why I am not answering them

You take the time to write two paragraphs three times saying the same thing but can't answer a simple question because it's "silly".  Here's another silly question: Do you know what the definition of insanity is??
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2015, 09:39:20 am »

Short of MikeO & Masterfins back and forth, I removed the personal attacks. Let's stay on topic. We have a trending topic here that is still playing out. Let's not be forced to lock the conversation.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2015, 06:29:29 pm »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/04/at-hearing-brady-tiptoes-around-preference-for-12-5-psi/

Brady is such a liar. Transcripts of his appeal came out. He said to the league in his appeal....."Ball pressure has been so inconsequential, I hadn’t even thought about that,". Um, he helped get the rule changed in the NFL along with Peyton!!! Plus there are radio interviews where Brady talks about like the ball deflated going back to 2011.

Then he gets caught lying by his own lawyer.. On cross, Brady reiterates several times he doesn't remember what he talked about w/Jestremski. On redirect, says no discussion of deflation

Seriously if they take away any games at this point it's a joke. He is such a liar. I'm shocked a judge is going to even entertain this honestly.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 06:33:47 pm by MikeO » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2015, 12:35:35 am »

Seriously if they take away any games at this point it's a joke. He is such a liar. I'm shocked a judge is going to even entertain this honestly.
What makes you think a judge will?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2015, 09:23:26 am »

My guess is the NFL and Brady will settle this dispute before or just after August 12th with Brady taking a 2 game suspension and both sides dropping the case. That's the best possible outcome right now and everyone knows it. If this goes to court Brady will lose, but the NFL does not want to battle this in the courts, they want this to go away badly but there was no way they were gonna just lower the suspension to 2 games with Brady threatening to take it to court anyway. They kept the 4 game suspension knowing then they could use a softer suspension of 2 games as a compromise to avoid the courts. This way everyone saves face that they fought it as far as they could, but it's time to move onto football and they reached a fair agreement.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 09:30:18 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2015, 11:24:00 am »

Brady's camp has already said that he is not interested in any compromise that has a suspension, even for 1 game.  This came up during the Goodell appeal.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2015, 12:10:56 pm »

They kept mention in the news today that Brady said "under oath" that he had nothing to do with deflating the balls.  When the NFL was investigating this it wasn't a criminal or civil legal case, so just what consequences would Brady have faced if he lied "under oath"?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2015, 12:36:02 pm »

NFL is in the driver's seat and it would take a lot for this to be overturned, so I don't see the league compromising now. They would look weak and for no reason. Brady at this point won't even take a 2 game ban and Kraft has been running his mouth too much.

Odds are very high that Brady misses the first 4 games.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2015, 12:43:29 pm »

NFL is in the driver's seat and it would take a lot for this to be overturned, so I don't see the league compromising now. They would look weak and for no reason. Brady at this point won't even take a 2 game ban and Kraft has been running his mouth too much.

Odds are very high that Brady misses the first 4 games.

I don't get what Brady's side with the union is doing. One week Brady wants the entire case to be sealed and not leaked to the press. The next week the Union is releasing the entire transcript to the media. Seems like the Brady/Union side is scrambling big-time and has no set plant to fight this. That transcript they released makes Brady look bad. Sure the NFL looks bad too in some parts, but the NFL didn't break the rules, Brady did and Brady looks bad in almost that entire transcript.

To me if Brady would have just came clean from day 1, he probably would have gotten off with a fine and no suspension. Right now this is less about deflated footballs and more about lying to the league and how he hampered the league investigation.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray