Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 14, 2024, 06:11:52 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  49ers OT Anthony Davis Retires
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 49ers OT Anthony Davis Retires  (Read 3379 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« on: June 06, 2015, 05:25:36 pm »

25 years old. Yeah, he suffered a concussion last season, but seriously... WTF?!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000495822/article/anthony-davis-of-san-francisco-49ers-retires

Really weird that he's saying he'll be back in a year or two. WTF is Tomsula doing in SF?
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 05:29:53 pm »

why is every other 49er retiring this year ?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 01:48:34 am »

25 years old. Yeah, he suffered a concussion last season, but seriously... WTF?!

He suffered 3-4 different injuries last year, and the concussion he suffered really messed with him for a while, which, from what I've read, really scared the crap out of him.

WTF is Tomsula doing in SF?

Why in the world would you think that it is something that Tomsula is doing? More like what he's having to deal with, which is a bizarre string of unforeseeable roster issues.

why is every other 49er retiring this year ?

One was expected (Justin Smith), the second was hardly a surprise (Patrick Willis), the third was a random "who knew what was going through his head" (Borland), and this last one (Davis) was just a guy saying "I'm tired of feeling like I got run over by a truck."

Good teams overcome adversity, which means that when SF makes the playoffs this year - despite all of the subtractions - it will be just that much more satisfying.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 03:16:36 am »

Why in the world would you think that it is something that Tomsula is doing?
How often do you hear players announce plans to retire for a couple of years?

I don't know if you're in the pro-Tomsula camp, but many 49er fans out here are leery of this guy.  When you have a coaching change immediately followed by 4 retirements (two of which are from guys in their early-mid 20s), it's difficult to believe it's a coincidence.

And his interviews aren't exactly inspiring.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:21:47 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 07:45:46 am »

So he plans to retire for a year or two. I wonder if in this case, his contract can be adjusted to include 1-2 years unpaid leave of absence?

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 04:51:27 pm »

Maybe the retirements are more the result of Harbaugh than this new guy.

Tell me, is it worth harming your players to get results, as Shula did?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 05:40:29 pm »

About as often as rookie of the year candidates retiring out of head injury concerns.

I don't know if you're in the pro-Tomsula camp

I'm in the pro-"support whoever is coaching my team" camp, until the time comes when they prove that they can't effectively coach my team.

When you have a coaching change immediately followed by 4 retirements (two of which are from guys in their early-mid 20s), it's difficult to believe it's a coincidence.

It's difficult to believe you would ever put any spin but a negative spin on anything having to do with the 49ers.

And his interviews aren't exactly inspiring[/url].

If the 49ers were a professional Toastmasters team, his public speaking would concern me. It isn't...and it doesn't.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 06:12:06 pm »

I don't know if you're in the pro-Tomsula camp, but many 49er fans out here are leery of this guy.  When you have a coaching change immediately followed by 4 retirements (two of which are from guys in their early-mid 20s), it's difficult to believe it's a coincidence.

And his interviews aren't exactly inspiring.

Just curious, where does your 49er hating come from?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 07:16:54 pm »

About as often as rookie of the year candidates retiring out of head injury concerns.
Then I guess it's a good thing both of those players retired until edit: under the same coach!

I'm in the pro-"support whoever is coaching my team" camp, until the time comes when they prove that they can't effectively coach my team.
Using that logic, is it even possible for the 49ers to make a "bad coaching hire" in your eyes?  Or is such an evaluation strictly limited to hindsight?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:43:38 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 08:26:14 pm »

Using that logic, is it even possible for the 49ers to make a "bad coaching hire" in your eyes?  Or is such an evaluation strictly limited to hindsight?

Yes...if the 49ers hired you in any capacity, it would be a bad hire. I would have to retire as a fan and cite head trauma as the reason.

Tomsula is a first-time NFL head coach, and one who has a ton of successful service time on the 49ers coaching staff. THAT guy will get the benefit of the doubt from me until I see him actually perform his duties as an NFL head coach. If he starts doing things that make me question his abilities as an NFL head coach, then sure...I might consider it a bad coaching hire. Until that happens, he deserves my support as a fan and my optimism in his potential.

You've been hanging around Dolphins fans too long, where "pessimism until proven otherwise" is the status quo.

~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 09:21:27 pm »

This is actually quite humorous to read, I might add

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray