Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 06:31:34 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  the opener proves my point
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: the opener proves my point  (Read 3815 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 10:48:27 pm »

Point is, the Steelers played a shitty game but they could have tied it at the end if they simply could have made those kicks

That Patriots have played many such games over the past few years, and they have been able to pull it off.   
They could have won the game if they just would have stopped the Patriots on a couple of those TD's as well. You can change any 1 play in the ENTIRE game and suggest the score would have been different. What's special about the FG attempts?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 10:50:56 pm »

Easy,

Field goal attempts are unforced errors.  No reason you can't make a field goal attempt.  Stopping Brady and Gronk is a whole lot harder

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 11:05:12 pm »

Easy,

Field goal attempts are unforced errors.  No reason you can't make a field goal attempt.  Stopping Brady and Gronk is a whole lot harder
FG attempts are no where near the automatic 3 points that you think they are. The snap, hold, plant and kick all have to be pretty much mistake free. Any small mistake probably results in a miss and part of the reason is the fact that the rush will probably get there a split second later. Make no mistake the defense forces plenty of missed kicks.

They make it look easy because they practice it over and over and over, but it's not.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 11:08:41 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 08:45:41 am »

If you are going to make the most obvious change, when in the end zone uncovered,  stay in bounds

leaving gronk uncovered is an unforced error.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 03:42:34 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2015, 12:04:49 am »

When Mare was one of the best in the league, the Dolphins were always in the playoffs despite not being overly talented.  Yet another example of how a great kicker can elevate a team.   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2015, 12:21:25 am »

Mare was First-Team All-Pro in 1999 and led the league in FG% in 2001.  So I'll presume you're talking about that 3-year stretch.

Some of the "not overly talented" Dolphins from that era:

Jason Taylor
Zach Thomas
Sam Madison
Patrick Surtain
Brock Marion
Larry Izzo
Trace Armstrong
Tim Bowens
(I did not include Dan Marino or Thurman Thomas because that would be cheating)

These players would ultimately combine for 27 Pro Bowl appearances and 11 First-Team All-Pro nods as Dolphins (and while Mare was the kicker).

The idea that the JJ/Wanny Dolphins were "not overly talented" is ridiculous.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2015, 08:51:41 am »

I was talking about the five year playoff run which includes Jimmy Johnson too actually.

The defense was always good, but the offense always struggled to run the ball. 

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray