Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 11:26:33 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  FanDuel/Draft Kings Player Advice
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: FanDuel/Draft Kings Player Advice  (Read 4988 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: October 07, 2015, 03:30:37 pm »

Since there are a few of us on these sites now, why not help each other out?

Justin Forsett would be a good mid value player this week.  He's coming of a huge game yardage wise, is going up against Cleveland who has the 2nd worst rushing defense in the league and all of BAL WRs are hurt, so they will be leaning heavy on the run.

Le'Veon Bell is a must start.  Going against SD who has the 4th worst rushing defense in the league, and no Big Ben so they will be run heavy.

SLEEPER OF THE WEEK:  Kendall Wright and Marcus Mariotta.  Buffalo has given up 10 TDs to the passing game this season, tied for 2nd worst in the league.  Wright is Mariotta's favorite target.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:35:25 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 10:07:04 am »

I had trouble formulating a lineup this week.  I was intrigued by Mariota, but too scared to jump on.  Went with Peyton instead.

I also took LeVeon Bell, but I don't trust Justin Forsett.  Went with the value pick of Boobie Dixon at RB2, and Eddie Lacy in my Flex.

My sleeper this week is Travis Benjamin.  Watch out!  Baltimore gave up 7 TD's to WR's in the past 3 games, and was responsible for AJ Green's 227 yard, 2 TD performance 2 weeks ago.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 10:30:12 am »

I had trouble formulating a lineup this week.  I was intrigued by Mariota, but too scared to jump on.  Went with Peyton instead.

I also took LeVeon Bell, but I don't trust Justin Forsett.  Went with the value pick of Boobie Dixon at RB2, and Eddie Lacy in my Flex.

My sleeper this week is Travis Benjamin.  Watch out!  Baltimore gave up 7 TD's to WR's in the past 3 games, and was responsible for AJ Green's 227 yard, 2 TD performance 2 weeks ago.
Good stuff, I might have to change one of my WR to Benjamin.

I went with Eli over Peyton, but it was a tough call. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 10:45:08 am »

Okay, I made some more changes...this is what my lineups look like (I'm playing 2 tournaments)

QB - Brady/E.Manning
RB - Bell/Bell
RB - Forsett/Freeman
WR - Fitzgerald/Thomas
WR - Benjamin/Benjamin
WR - Wright/Wright
TE - Bennett/Gates
K - Brown/Santos
D - Broncos/Broncos
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 11:10:05 am »

You know the system is rigged by the insider info and you are going to play anyway?   Huh
the system isn't rigged - seems like you don't really understand the story.

I've made one lineup so far, might jump into another one before the end of today.

QB - P. Manning
RB - L. Bell
RB - B. Dixon
WR - T. Benjamin
WR - J. Edelman
WR - L. Fitzgerald
TE - A. Gates
Flex - A. Morris
DT - Chiefs

Plus I have $2200 left on the table.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 11:24:04 am »

^Are you in love with the Chiefs for a defense?  I just don't trust their secondary, it's the worst in the league.  I feel really good about Denver's defense against the Raiders.

Other than that, our lineups are pretty similar.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 12:10:08 pm »

Other than that, our lineups are pretty similar.

I think that this is the problem.  This is how they're using the inside information against you.   I assume that your lineups are similar to a lot of people. 

Let's say that there are 10 teams in your league.
If you pick against the grain and you're wrong, you lose.  If you pick against the grain and you're right you win the money of ten other people.
If you pick with the grain and you're wrong, you lose.  If you pick with the grain and you're right, you still have to be right enough to beat the 9 other people.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 01:39:32 pm »

There are 9 variable.  The chances of people having the exact same lineup is slim.  Tenshot and I might have SIMILAR lineups, but his choices of Forsett, Wright, Bennett, etc make a difference.  Besides, I'm in leagues with hundreds of thousands of others where you have to finish in the top 100K to win.  Don't need to beat everyone, just have to get the best 9 guys.

Also, I like that DraftKings doesn't make you pick a kicker.  That, to me, is the biggest difference.  Kickers are a wild card and unpredictable, but can make a difference between win and lose.

^Are you in love with the Chiefs for a defense?  I just don't trust their secondary, it's the worst in the league.  I feel really good about Denver's defense against the Raiders.

I picked them because of their matchup against Chicago, but now that I'm reading that Cutler is likely going to play, I swapped to the Giants at home vs SF.  They are ranked 6th in PPG and SF is dead last in OPPG.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 01:44:39 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 02:07:36 pm »

^^^Good choice, I was going back and forth between them and DEN.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 02:18:16 pm »

^^^Good choice, I was going back and forth between them and DEN.
The only reason I stayed away from Denver is because they are on the road, and their offense has struggled.  I can see that game becoming a shootout.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 03:24:16 pm »

The only reason I stayed away from Denver is because they are on the road, and their offense has struggled.  I can see that game becoming a shootout.
What do you think of playing Owen Daniels this week?  He's pretty unreliable, but Oakland is getting destroyed by TEs this season.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 03:43:25 pm »

I considered it for a moment, and then I imagined how often Peyton throws to his TE's since Julius Thomas left.  I imagine Daniels has like 2 catches for 24 yards and a TD - at best.  I just figured you could do better elsewhere, too risky for me.

It is an attractive matchup, though.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 04:52:10 pm »

Had to scratch my head a little bit here. Being on the road and having a struggling offense...wouldn't that indicate the exact opposite of a shootout?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 10:54:20 am »

^^ yes, but Oakland's defense is crapola.  The best medicine for a struggling offense is a struggling defense. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 11:23:56 am »

I'm going to set the bone down after this, but I'll give it one more shake here. The reason you didn't want to use the Denver defense is because "they are on the road, and their offense has struggled.  I can see that game becoming a shootout." Not sure quite how you correlate their offensive struggles with their defensive potential for allowing a shootout, but ok. Then you said:

^^ yes, but Oakland's defense is crapola.  The best medicine for a struggling offense is a struggling defense. 

This is making my head hurt even more, as Oakland's defense being crapola really has minimal effect on Denver's defense. Similarly, Denver's offense improving due to the "good medicine" of Oakland's crapola-esque defense surely couldn't have any negative effects on Denver's defense.

You did realize that we were talking about Denver's defense, right?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray