Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 10:26:52 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Championship Weekend
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Championship Weekend  (Read 20762 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 11:43:27 pm »

It was a tongue in cheek statement, Spider.

His missed field goal in last year's AFC championship game set up the Patriots second touchdown.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 01:29:15 am »

...in a game NE won 45-7.  But I guess they would have only been up by four scores instead of five at the end of the game, or something?

P.S. Vinatieri missed an extra point in the Week 6 game this year.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 08:42:08 pm »

Maybe you don't understand the concept of momentum in a football game. 

That missed kick set up the touchdown that put the Patriots ahead 14-0.

7-3 is much different than 14-0, and the game likely plays out much differently. 

Btw, the missed extra point was not his fault it was a pure block. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 08:44:52 pm »

If I'm being honest, I probably want NE to win it all, for two reasons:

1) Preserving Peyton's total of 1 championship makes it easy to cite his brother when talking to the "but what about the rings!" people; only an idiot would think Eli is a better QB than Peyton

2) The Brady vs. Marino ship has sailed over the horizon and lapped the earth.  However, if Brady can pass Montana in rings, then at least some good will have come from it (for me, as a 49er hater).

It also doesn't hurt that NE winning means that another team has lost, and a certain "lifelong fan" on this board gets to disappear again for a while.

What do you mean when you say the Brady vs Marino ship has sailed over the horizon and lapped the Earth?  I'm not good with metaphors.   

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 12:27:04 am »

What does a loss do to Peyton's Legacy?

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 08:07:38 am »

What does a loss do to Peyton's Legacy?

Absolutely nothing.

A win at this stage in his career would be an absolute shocker. The defense might win it for him, but a win would still do affect his legacy, because people have bad memories and in a few years (5), that win will just be a W.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 12:41:10 pm »

Pats and Cats.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 02:50:17 pm »

Absolutely nothing.

A win at this stage in his career would be an absolute shocker. The defense might win it for him, but a win would still do affect his legacy, because people have bad memories and in a few years (5), that win will just be a W.
John Elway was always a great QB but couldn't win until he got a running game. Everyone knows he won 2 Super Bowls but very few remember his pathetic performance against the Packers in the Super Bowl that supposedly sealed him as being a great QB.

John Elway    went 12 for 22   123 yards   0-TD   1-INT   51.9QBR

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 06:06:27 pm »

John Elway was always a great QB but couldn't win until he got a running game. Everyone knows he won 2 Super Bowls but very few remember his pathetic performance against the Packers in the Super Bowl that supposedly sealed him as being a great QB.

John Elway    went 12 for 22   123 yards   0-TD   1-INT   51.9QBR

If you have watched that game, like I have, it was like both teams were trying their best to hand the game to the other team. 

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 06:43:05 pm »

Nine years ago today the Colts rallied from a 21-3 deficit to defeat the Patriots. 

Imagine if that game had gone differently. 

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2016, 07:01:20 pm »

Will this week settle the Brady vs Manning debate, too?

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2016, 03:45:56 pm »

The opening drive in tomorrow's AFC championship game will be critical.

If the Broncos win the toss, what will they decide to do?

On one hand if you receive, you stop Brady from coming on to the field and falling behind early.

But if you defer, you lose the chance for a two for one. 

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2016, 02:51:39 pm »

I don't hold out much hope for Denver, but I will certainly be rooting for them.

Denver Bronco is not anywhere near as annoying as Patriots fans.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2016, 03:06:19 pm »

Broncos fans sure are out in full force today, and the Broncos are kicking off.  We will see how the defense does against this offensive powerhouse. 

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2016, 03:11:08 pm »

Manning gets the ball now.   

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray