Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 02:55:34 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Super Bowl 50- EKnight vs Denver Bronco
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Super Bowl 50- EKnight vs Denver Bronco  (Read 13608 times)
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 02:40:51 pm »

I don't care much for all of his antics on the field but he is a great QB and that should not be argued. I like Cam but I do wish he would quit with all of the theatrics on the field......act like you've been there before.

That being said I would like to see a class act like Manning get a second ring and ride off into the sunset. I do not believe that will happen though as Carolina is a juggernaut and will be extremely difficult to defeat. I just don't think Denver has enough offensive firepower to take them down.

I just hope for an interesting game and not a blow out!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 03:05:58 pm »

I think the Denver defense is a juggernaut.  But Carolina's offense is not a pushover.  On the other side, Carolina's defense is probably just as good, while Peyton once had a problem throwing to the other team.

Because I think Carolina's offense is better than Denver's offense, I think Carolina runs away with this.

Carolina 20
Denver 14
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 03:09:35 pm »

Because I think Carolina's offense is better than Denver's offense, I think Carolina runs away with this.

Carolina 20
Denver 14

20-14 is "running away with it?"  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 03:15:59 pm »

Well.... we are talking about the Stanley Cup... right?
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 03:16:21 pm »

I don't care much for all of his antics on the field but he is a great QB and that should not be argued. I like Cam but I do wish he would quit with all of the theatrics on the field......act like you've been there before.

Racist!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2016, 03:28:02 pm »

Well I'm gonna go out on a limb and say FSU didn't fork out $950,000 to the victim because Winston was innocent. He's about as innocent as Casey Anthony.
They were being sued because they didn't act quick enough and they decided to settle rather than spend 10 times that and winning. Winston being guilty wasn't even a question in their lawsuit.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2016, 04:47:45 pm »

Well, yes, because I expect that it will be that close due to a garbage time score and failed onside kick.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2016, 05:20:14 pm »

They were being sued because they didn't act quick enough and they decided to settle rather than spend 10 times that and winning. Winston being guilty wasn't even a question in their lawsuit.

This is exactly why they settled.  State Universities struggle to break even every year.  Better to cut their losses than clear their name and spend more money because they will still be standing when all is said and done

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2016, 06:45:41 pm »

I have no problems with Cam Newton (or any other player in any sport) being happy,excited,celebrating when they do something good.I'm not a fan of planned,rehearsed stuff,or the Panthers...

I'm hoping for the Broncos +Peyton Manning to win,just not very confident.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2016, 08:34:37 am »

I don't hate Cam...I actually think he's one of the best young players in the game today. If I were to guess why others hate on him, the reasons might include one or more of the following:

1)  That humongous cheesy-ass plastic smile. It's annoying, and makes me wonder what he's hiding - or if one of his ancestors possibly had sex with a shark.

That smile is incredibly annoying. I also have to say that his cadence utterances makes me want to mute the TV.

Other than that, I think he's one of the most entertaining quarterbacks to watch.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2016, 08:47:51 am »

Exactly what theatrics are you guys referring to? Handing a ball to a child in the stands after a touchdown? I can see why that would be irritating.  Roll Eyes Perhaps the Superman thing after a score? I would imagine you all seethe with animosity at Rodgers ridiculous discount double check move when he scores as well, though, right?

Gee, given those two examples, I can't imagine how anyone could ever ask if race plays an issue in disliking Cam.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2016, 09:02:54 am »

I haven't seen too many Carolina games, but I did watch the game against the Cardinals. I did notice a lot of pre-planned, choreographed celebrations after touchdowns by Newton and his teammates.

One of the celebrations seemed to be going on two minutes after the score. I wasn't paying close attention at that point and was wondering if they scored again. Then I realized they were still celebrating the touchdown I had seen two minutes ago.

Maybe this is what people are referring to as excessive.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2016, 12:15:12 pm »

Exactly what theatrics are you guys referring to? Handing a ball to a child in the stands after a touchdown? I can see why that would be irritating.  Roll Eyes Perhaps the Superman thing after a score? I would imagine you all seethe with animosity at Rodgers ridiculous discount double check move when he scores as well, though, right?

Gee, given those two examples, I can't imagine how anyone could ever ask if race plays an issue in disliking Cam.

You asked the question, and now you're whining because people answered it? Untwist those panties, put the race card back in the deck and move along already...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2016, 12:28:31 pm »

I'm not whining at all. I've seen several comments along the lines of, "I hate Cam"; "I can't stand him and I hope he loses." Saying you can't stand a player based entirely on the way he smiles or his TD celebrations- when they involve giving the ball to a child in the stands- is either a cop-out bullshit answer. Since I've never seen anyone here make the same statements about Rodgers' pre-planned choreographed celebrations, the race card is very much a valid question to ask, despite how uncomfortable it might make you.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2016, 01:21:42 pm »

^^^The complaints I have heard are specifically about the length. No one cares that he gives a kid a ball. Really, it is cool he does that. No one has even brought that up to me as an issue so let's drop that from your argument and address the real issue that I hear complaints about, the length of the celebration.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray