Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 09:22:14 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Kaepernick not standing for National Anthem
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Kaepernick not standing for National Anthem  (Read 21322 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2016, 10:05:44 am »

Counterpoint:

Colin Kaepernick Tops Jersey Sales In NFL

Colin Kapernick is not even listed as the starting quarterback of the San Francisco 49ers as of September 6, but there is no player in the National Football League selling more jerseys than the backup QB. As of this morning, the top seller on NFLShop.com is a Kaepernick Nike Scarlet Game Jersey, besting Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliot and New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham as the most popular jersey leading into the 2016 NFL regular season.

Kaepernick jerseys have experienced a steady climb in popularity since the QB decided that he would not stand for the National Anthem during 49ers preseason games. His explanation was that he would not stand up because he refused to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color.

This has certainly struck a chord with a wide demographic, causing some people to burn Kaepernick jerseys and many others to buy the jersey of a QB they have never before supported for a team they could care less about. The purchase of a Kaepernick jersey has become much more than a sign of support for a football player; people believe that buying a jersey is backing a cause.

So there is that.
Really ... that's your argument. Where was your support for Tebow? Besides ... this will be short lived as many of those sales were to be burned or destroyed for internet fame.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2016, 11:22:57 am »

Really ... that's your argument. Where was your support for Tebow? Besides ... this will be short lived as many of those sales were to be burned or destroyed for internet fame.

I could see it if the surge in Kaep's jersey sales were with the white jerseys...everyone knows that Tea Party members just turn them inside out and use them as Klan hoods for their rallies.

Other than that, your statement is just goofy.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2016, 11:53:04 am »

I consider myself incredibly patriotic, but I don't always participate in things like this.  It's not a matter of respect.  It's a matter of holding up the iconography of the country over what the country represents.  I don't say the pledge of allegiance, for example.  It's just a personal choice.  I don't believe that any country deserves your allegiance on the de facto idea that it's your country.

I also think you have to continue to work to hold your country accountable.  You're not just great because you say you're great.  You have to always work to be better.  And blind nationalism loses sight of that.

I love this country, and part of the way I show it is with dissent, when appropriate.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2016, 12:41:23 pm »

Really ... that's your argument. Where was your support for Tebow?
You're the one looking to the invisible hand of the free market as "proof" of validity.  I never claimed Tebow wasn't popular; in fact, I openly acknowledged that he was VERY popular (for reasons having nothing to do with football).

Besides ... this will be short lived as many of those sales were to be burned or destroyed for internet fame.
So where are all the videos of people burning brand-new Kaep jerseys with tags still on them?  You are engaging in blatant wishful thinking.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:43:03 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2022, 07:27:45 pm »

Quick question to all the flag etiquette experts who believe that Kaepernick not standing  for the National Anthem is justification for him losing his job....

Do you think that someone who tweets out a picture of an upside down American flag should lose their job too?

Does the fact that she is a member of the US government rather than an entertainer make this disrespect of our flag and the military worse or less of an insult of our troops?   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2022, 10:28:54 pm »

Gravedig much? While not your target audience I'm going to let you know that you aren't going to get the response you hoped for. An upside down American flag isn't disrespectful, it is a distress signal and acceptable as such.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2022, 10:52:43 pm »

i know the response i am going to get because of the hypocrisy.  It is disrespectful UNLESS your life is in imminent danger.  And hers wasn’t.  She was disrespecting the flag tp protest law enforcement actions.  Exactly what CK was doing.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2022, 01:02:55 am »

---sigh---

I never had a problem with Kaepernick not standing for the national anthem, because he literally went to a Marine war hero and said "how could I protest without offending the flag." The problem that I had was him showing up to practice wearing socks that depicted police as cartoon piggies in police uniforms.  THAT pissed me off.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2022, 03:09:28 am »

An upside down American flag isn't disrespectful, it is a distress signal and acceptable as such.
Kneeling is considered a sign of respect in literally every other circumstance, yet here we are.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2022, 08:46:34 am »

i know the response i am going to get because of the hypocrisy.  It is disrespectful UNLESS your life is in imminent danger.  And hers wasn’t.  She was disrespecting the flag tp protest law enforcement actions.  Exactly what CK was doing.
I have no idea who did this but I would guess they are saying our country is in distress because of our government. LOL .. I'd think that would be one thing we all could agree with albeit for different reasons.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2022, 09:25:53 am »

I have no idea who did this but I would guess they are saying our country is in distress because of our government. LOL .. I'd think that would be one thing we all could agree with albeit for different reasons.

Marjorie Taylor Greene

The fact that your news sources love to run 7x24 on how disrespectful it was to the military by kneeling but then spent zero effort on the reason of the kneeling, the killing of unarmed citizens by the police.  But those same sources are focused on complaining about a properly executed search warrant but zero mention of a house member disrespecting our military should warn you to get better news sources.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2022, 09:31:21 am »

Marjorie Taylor Greene

The fact that your news sources love to run 7x24 on how disrespectful it was to the military by kneeling but then spent zero effort on the reason of the kneeling, the killing of unarmed citizens by the police.  But those same sources are focused on complaining about a properly executed search warrant but zero mention of a house member disrespecting our military should warn you to get better news sources.

You and Spider like to pretend I watch and live on FOX News or whatever but the truth is my news sources have been reporting on the Dolphins and how poorly your Patriots have been practicing. It's football season and my life doesn't revolve around what CNN and MSNBC is telling me to believe on this day. 

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2022, 09:38:30 am »

You and Spider like to pretend I watch and live on FOX News or whatever but the truth is my news sources have been reporting on the Dolphins and how poorly your Patriots have been practicing. It's football season and my life doesn't revolve around what CNN and MSNBC is telling me to believe on this day. 

Didn’t know the dailymail was that in tune with the NEP.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2022, 09:41:04 am »

Didn’t know the dailymail was that in tune with the NEP.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-11102991/Super-Bowl-champion-James-White-announces-retirement-NFL.html

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2022, 09:46:45 am »

Aren't you guys sick of this shit already?  Not this subject in particular but the everyday nonsense here?  I'm trying to stick to the football sections because off topic is just a toxic mess, has been for a while now.  I'm doing my best to stay away from it, but still, gravedigging posts about even more politics that are ancient history at this point.  

This place kind of sucks now, I might be on my way out soon.  It's a shame since I've been here for twenty years, but shit man it isn't enjoyable here anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray