Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 12:11:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  We have too many fucking police, if police have time to do this.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: We have too many fucking police, if police have time to do this.  (Read 3418 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: February 12, 2022, 03:14:45 pm »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2022/02/04/school-arrests-police-parkland-kaia-rolle-orig-kj.cnn

Everything about this is fucked up.

1. At Parkland there was a useless SRO.  Did absolutely nothing to stop the rampage.  Passing a law requiring all schools to have an SRo when Parkland proved SROs are useless is beyond stupid.

2. If there was no SRO present, the school would have called the child’s parents, not a police to the school. Her offense was refusing to remove her sunglasses in class.  When I was in first grade that would have resulted in a note home, not an arrest.

3. The money spent on SROs would be better spent on school psychologists and social workers.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 03:42:49 pm »

First off you might want to see how many shooters and other threats have been stopped by SROs. Not all are worthless. In fact I swear to you that I know of a RSO that cried because of the Parkland SRO failure to respond. He literally thinks of the kids in his school as family. He also coaches football, weightlifting, and lacrosse with them. Second of all when I went to school you and I could fist fight on a weekly basis and only get paddled. Now we could possibly be arrested. Times they are a changing but some people still suck.

I’d wager to bet if she respected authority then none of this would have happened. But that would require personal responsibility.  

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 04:46:52 pm »

First off you might want to see how many shooters and other threats have been stopped by SROs.

did a search shooting stopped by sros.  There was one initially claimed by the police.  But further investigation revealed the shooter shot himself after he killed intended victim.  Zero lives saved.
I’d wager to bet if she respected authority then none of this would have happened. But that would require personal responsibility.  

Bullshit on respecting authority. Which really means fearing authority. Respect is entirely different.  I respect Jimmy Carter.   I fear the swat team, there is a difference.

She was 6 years old.  Her crime was violating the dress code. 

Problem is there is nothing for a cop to do in an elementary school, so let’s use them to enforce minor infractions. 

You are arguing for a fascist authoritarian society.

Second grader defies the teacher by chewing gum in class.  Handle her lack of respect for authority by having an armed police officer handcuff her. 

Kids throwing paper airplanes in the cafeteria doesn’t require an armed response.  But that is what you get when you eliminate social workers/counselors from the school and replace them with cops.

I don’t want kids to fear authority.  That is how you get totalitarianism.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 04:54:11 pm »

Her crime was violating the dress code.  

Her crime was simple battery, in case you bothered to listen to the video.  She hit the assistant principal.  Kids shouldn't be arrested for fighting at school.  If you fight with another student, you should be suspended.  If you fight with a school staff member, you should be expelled.   And little kids (kindergarteners and first graders) who can't control their impulses should be given more leeway than that and dealt with in another manner.  

That being said, this looks like a money grab by the girl's grandarents.  The stuff they said in their interview does not correspond with what happened in the video

« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 10:06:17 pm by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 10:41:17 pm »

Follow the laws and rules in life. She asked for a second chance. So she understands that she had a first chance. Maybe this will make her rethink her first chance next time. But then again this is just a cash grab so who the fuck cares???

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2022, 01:46:42 pm »

Suspension and expulsion only work as punishment in rare instances. With the majority of students causing enough trouble the time away from school is exactly what they want. It's no different than telling a child to go to their room when they have all their toys there. A more effective punishment is putting them in a small classroom away from everyone else. No windows to the outside or the hall. Lunch has to be taken in the room and everyone has classwork to do and no talking.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2022, 01:54:12 pm »

Suspension and expulsion only work as punishment in rare instances. With the majority of students causing enough trouble the time away from school is exactly what they want. It's no different than telling a child to go to their room when they have all their toys there. A more effective punishment is putting them in a small classroom away from everyone else. No windows to the outside or the hall. Lunch has to be taken in the room and everyone has classwork to do and no talking.

Suspension? Expulsion? For a six year old refusing to take off sunglasses? 

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2022, 09:36:46 pm »

In-School Suspension.  Different counties have different names for it.  In Dade County Public Schools, it's known as Center for Special Instruction (CSI).  And yes, it is a great deterrent.   Not only was it exactly as you described, but we weren't allowed to even sleep or read anything other than our textbooks.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2022, 12:05:51 am »

Suspension? Expulsion? For a six year old refusing to take off sunglasses?  

I have not watched the video but others pointed out this child struck an administrator. If that's what happened you are drastically down playing the event.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 12:07:47 am by Phishfan » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2022, 03:16:12 am »

Others in this thread have described it as "battery," which is drastically exaggerating the seriousness of the event.

It is difficult to downplay a six-year-old striking an adult.  That would warrant a timeout, or maybe a lost recess... not a suspension.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2022, 07:55:32 am »

Others in this thread have described it as "battery," which is drastically exaggerating the seriousness of the event.

It is difficult to downplay a six-year-old striking an adult.  That would warrant a timeout, or maybe a lost recess... not a suspension.

And hopefully the kid's parents get called and the parents give the kid a spanking hard enough so that they don't sit down for a week.  Because when I was a kid, that's what happened if you ever raised your hands to an adult. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2022, 08:06:43 am »

And hopefully the kid's parents get called and the parents give the kid a spanking hard enough so that they don't sit down for a week.  Because when I was a kid, that's what happened if you ever raised your hands to an adult. 

Cycle of child abuse.  Abused as a child, abuses as an adult.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2022, 08:20:45 am »

Cycle of child abuse.  Abused as a child, abuses as an adult.

I don't abuse my kids or anyone else's.   It's called discipline.   You get spanked by your parents and/or your parents friends, you learn to respect your elders.   A lot of kids these days don't have that mentality.   
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2022, 09:14:48 am »

I don't abuse my kids or anyone else's.   It's called discipline.   You get spanked by your parents and/or your parents friends, you learn to respect your elders.   A lot of kids these days don't have that mentality.   

Hitting a child so hard they can’t sit for week is not discipline, it is abuse.  If you are unsure of this please call child protective services and explain to them how you “discipline” your children.  I am sure they will be very interested.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2022, 09:31:00 am »

Hitting a child so hard they can’t sit for week is not discipline, it is abuse.  If you are unsure of this please call child protective services and explain to them how you “discipline” your children.  I am sure they will be very interested.
Yes, because we all took that literally...that the kid will have his bottom spanked so hard he couldn't sit down for a week.  It must be hard not letting all that shit you're full of spill out all the time.  I'm pretty sure the only reason you're in here is to subvert the message board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray