Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 10:40:48 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  We have too many fucking police, if police have time to do this.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: We have too many fucking police, if police have time to do this.  (Read 3402 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2022, 10:24:50 am »

Yes, because we all took that literally...that the kid will have his bottom spanked so hard he couldn't sit down for a week.  It must be hard not letting all that shit you're full of spill out all the time.  I'm pretty sure the only reason you're in here is to subvert the message board.

Even taken figuratively, it is child abuse. The figurative version of that expression call for the child to be in serious pain, even if they literally heal in under 7 days.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2022, 10:30:07 am »

Even taken figuratively, it is child abuse. The figurative version of that expression call for the child to be in serious pain, even if they literally heal in under 7 days.

If a spanking didn't hurt, it wouldn't teach its intended lesson.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2022, 10:50:12 am »

If a spanking didn't hurt, it wouldn't teach its intended lesson.

What is the intended lesson?

Might makes right?

I will physically harm you if they are unhappy with you?

I am physically larger than you so you must obey me?

I get pleasure from your pain?

Violence is the answer.  Whomever is stronger is in control?

I don’t love you?

While minor corporal punishment is legal, (and what you advocate is not minor nor legal) it is well proven to be a failed method of developing well behaved children.  Despite the “spare the rod, spoil the child myth” children who receive corporal punishment are much more like to misbehave, fail out of school, and wind up in the criminal justice system.   

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2022, 10:56:50 am »

While minor corporal punishment is legal, (and what you advocate is not minor nor legal) it is well proven to be a failed method of developing well behaved children.  Despite the “spare the rod, spoil the child myth” children who receive corporal punishment are much more like to misbehave, fail out of school, and wind up in the criminal justice system.   

Really?   Then how come more children are acting out today and the dropout rates and crime rates among juveniles are higher than they've ever been?  Because now we are in the Take The Electronics Away generation as opposed to the Spanking generation.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2022, 11:03:13 am »

Really?   Then how come more children are acting out today and the dropout rates and crime rates among juveniles are higher than they've ever been?

Because it's not and you're full of shit.

Crime in youth is way, way, way, way down.  High school graduation rate is way, way, way up.

What a moronic lie to tell.  You should be ashamed of yourself for making up such bullshit out of thin air.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2022, 11:10:21 am »

Really?   Then how come more children are acting out today and the dropout rates and crime rates among juveniles are higher than they've ever been?  Because now we are in the Take The Electronics Away generation as opposed to the Spanking generation.

Bullshit.  Study after study shows spanking is harmful.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2022, 12:25:34 pm »

Pain is the universal language that everyone understands. Whether it's physical, emotional, or financial. Like the liberals always say, actions have consequences.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 03:22:37 pm by pondwater » Logged

SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2022, 12:46:50 pm »

I don't mind SROs, I wish they weren't needed though.

Like every other "protection" method it's nearly impossible to gauge what they actually do as, the threat of them wards off more shootings than anyone except the potential shooter would know.

It's the exact same dilemma as "defund the police". Will defunding and getting rid of the police stop police violence? Obviously, yes.

That said - what will it open the door to? Unknown.

I would assume it's for every community to decide whether an SRO is worth it.

At my son's HS, there is an SRO - someone I used to cross swords with when he worked at the local police department (he left to become a county/school district employee when he became SRO - I am not sure exactly why that happened). He's a good dude. He's helped my kid.

At my daughter's school, there is no SRO, but it's a private school, so I assume it's a cost cutting measure. So far, so good, but God i would hate it if something bad happened there.

I guess we'll see, but, in short - no, getting rid of SROs is probably stupid.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2022, 02:57:26 pm »

Others in this thread have described it as "battery," which is drastically exaggerating the seriousness of the event.

It is difficult to downplay a six-year-old striking an adult.  That would warrant a timeout, or maybe a lost recess... not a suspension.

And the punishment I described is the equivalent of a timeout wouldn't you Agree?
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2022, 02:59:47 pm »

Bullshit.  Study after study shows spanking is harmful.
It's a moot point. She got what she got. She fucked around and found out. Quit crying, you're a grown man act accordingly
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 03:22:57 pm by pondwater » Logged

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2022, 03:19:46 pm »

It's a moot point. She got what she got. She fucked around and found out. Quit crying, you're a grown man act accordingly

Are you talking to me?
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2022, 03:21:58 pm »

Are you talking to me?
No sir, my mistake. Post updated.......

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2022, 03:27:51 pm »

Grown men protect children, rather than harm them.  Adults protect 6 year-olds. Only psychopaths would want a 6 year-old handcuffed.  You are the one who needs to become an adult.   

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2022, 03:34:32 pm »

Grown men protect children, rather than harm them.  Adults protect 6 year-olds. Only psychopaths would want a 6 year-old handcuffed.  You are the one who needs to become an adult.   
You're protecting no one. You're crying about something that is not, nor will ever, be in your control. It's over and done with and hopefully she learned her lesson. Nothing to see here except your corny liberal virtue signaling.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2022, 03:57:37 pm »

I don't mind SROs, I wish they weren't needed though.

Like every other "protection" method it's nearly impossible to gauge what they actually do as, the threat of them wards off more shootings than anyone except the potential shooter would know.

It's the exact same dilemma as "defund the police". Will defunding and getting rid of the police stop police violence? Obviously, yes.

That said - what will it open the door to? Unknown.

I would assume it's for every community to decide whether an SRO is worth it.

At my son's HS, there is an SRO - someone I used to cross swords with when he worked at the local police department (he left to become a county/school district employee when he became SRO - I am not sure exactly why that happened). He's a good dude. He's helped my kid.

At my daughter's school, there is no SRO, but it's a private school, so I assume it's a cost cutting measure. So far, so good, but God i would hate it if something bad happened there.

I guess we'll see, but, in short - no, getting rid of SROs is probably stupid.

I assume, you would agree that police have a stressful job.  One in which they are increasingly expected to do things they aren't train to do and that are outside their area of expertise.  Dealing with the homeless, dealing with drug addicts, truancy, mentally ill, etc.  

There is a reason why the police are being asked to do things today, they never had to deal with 50 years ago.  And that is because we have defunded social programs, the problems haven't gone away but they have become police burdens.   A school that use to use a school guidance counselor  or social worker to deal with truant students now use a cop.  A mentally ill person on the street would be talked to by a city mental health professional is now arrested by the police.  Drug addicts are arrested rather than offered treatment.  Homeless are arrest under vagrancy laws rather than refereed to a shelter.  

How can we make the lives of police officer's easier and safer?  Simple, stop expecting them to do thing they aren't trained to do.  Have the resources to send social worker and mental health professionals to situations in which police aren't the best choice.  

That is defund the police in a nutshell.  It is not about getting rid of police.  It is about using them only to do police stuff.  

Can an SRO prevent a shooting?  Maybe.  Certainly didn't happen in Parkland.  But maybe if schools had more mental health professional available students and like Ethan Crumbley or Nikolas Cruz had someone they could talk to about their feelings of helplessness these incidents will be less frequent.  And fellow students would be more likely to refer a trouble classmate to a helpful counselor than a cop.  

I keep hearing the school shooting aren't a "gun problem"  they are a mental health problem.  Then why are we addressing this mental health problem by putting armed guards in school rather than increasing the number of mental health professional in our schools?        

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray