Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2024, 09:22:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Liz Cheney for Prez 2024?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Liz Cheney for Prez 2024?  (Read 2266 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2022, 09:52:22 am »

Dan Quayle was a Republican VP who came across as dumb too.

Nobody hated Dan Quayle.  He was just the butt of jokes.

There is a vitriol towards Harris.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2022, 09:57:09 am »

i was told with a straight face by a trumper that the reason the dems nominated harris was that they were going to remove biden from office after 6 months and we'd be stuck with another "brown" in office.

that's the social media / newsmax / oan echo chamber that enlightens that question dave.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2022, 10:05:54 am »

Nobody hated Dan Quayle.  He was just the butt of jokes.

There is a vitriol towards Harris.
I don't think that's true on any large scale but it's not as if shes a likeable person. Democrats in general don't really care for her and it showed when she ran for office.

i was told with a straight face by a trumper that the reason the dems nominated harris was that they were going to remove biden from office after 6 months and we'd be stuck with another "brown" in office.

that's the social media / newsmax / oan echo chamber that enlightens that question dave.
While there are racists on the extreme of both sides I don't know that comment was racist. It was pretty open that she was selected because she was a woman of color just as the Supreme Court Justice. To make the leap they were "trying" to get her to become the first president as well isn't out of the question. It's certainly fair for conversation at a minimum.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2022, 10:15:27 am »

Harris isn't an unlikeable person.  She is disliked by progressives because she is extremely conservative.  Republicans attack her because she treats people with disabilities with respect rather than mocking them as Trump would have them do.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2022, 11:33:33 am »

While there are racists on the extreme of both sides I don't know that comment was racist.

I guess this ends any need for nuance regarding what is and what is not racism.  If you don't know if "we'd be stuck with another "brown" in office" is racist.  Then your racism isn't even the least bit subtle, it is as blatant as Hitler's. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2022, 11:41:19 am »

Top 3 vote getters in 2020 were Biden, Sanders and Warren.  Biden got the moderates, Sanders and Warren fought over the progressives.
Warren dropped out after Super Tuesday and Bernie got smashed by Biden head-to-head in the rest of the states.

And again, you are proving my point: AOC would have NO chance to beat Biden.  Yet AOC - who is not incredibly popular among Democrats as a whole - looks like Nelson Mandela next to Liz Cheney, who is actively despised by "her" party.

Sanders would have won but the DNC stepped in for Biden.
Bernie's plan from the beginning was to win the primary with 30% of the vote while the moderate vote was split among 3-4 different centrist candidates.  He thought all the moderates would stay in long after it was clear they had no chance to win, because that's what he did in the same position.

The moment Trump won the 2016 election, Bernie 2020 was absolutely dead in the water.  There is zero chance that Democrats would nominate someone like Bernie Sanders when the alternative is another Trump term.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 11:45:24 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2022, 11:45:51 am »

She can't run as a Republican - she won't even win her own House primary, much less a presidential one - but I fully support and endorse a third-party run for Liz Cheney.

So do Trump or DeSantis since she would only siphon off Democrat votes.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2022, 11:47:09 am »

I guess this ends any need for nuance regarding what is and what is not racism.  If you don't know if "we'd be stuck with another "brown" in office" is racist.  Then your racism isn't even the least bit subtle, it is as blatant as Hitler's.  
Hahaha ... and you need to grow a pair if this offends you. Or if you were in my freinds group I'd tell you to pull your skirt up to show us if you've got a pair.  The victim mentality, the white savior syndrome, and "women's extreme lib" are what is making this world weak and fortunately people are waking up to that. Few things make my heart warmer than when blacks, latinos, and other "brown people" call you guys out. The Terminal List on Amazon would have been cancelled 2 years ago but is now leading views.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2022, 11:48:13 am »

LMAO ... You actually elected a guy because he wasn't the other guy and now we are all worse off for it.

I don't think you realize how much conservatives felt attacked during the previous 8 years but to have an "in your face" rebuttal to it is appealing for many.
For conservatives, every accusation is a confession.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2022, 11:52:11 am »

For conservatives, every accusation is a confession.
LMAO ... You actually elected a guy because he wasn't the other guy and now we are all worse off for it.

I don't think you realize how much conservatives felt attacked during the previous 8 years but to have an "in your face" rebuttal to it is appealing for many.
If this tells you I voted for him only becuse he wasn't the other guy then you have reading comprehension issues. Nice stretch. It's a direct reference to enjoying a candidate that isnt afraid to throw your issues in your face. In other words ... the candidate triggers you so it makes it enjoyable for me. the fact we align on political issues is irrevalent in that conversation. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2022, 11:59:29 am »

I don't really get the hate boner that the right has for Harris.  It's kinda weird.

Harris isn't an unlikeable person.  She is disliked by progressives because she is extremely conservative.

Both of these dynamics are caused by the same thing: the VP is the frontrunner for the next (open) Democratic presidential nomination, so they hate their competition.

The right is desperately searching for the next BENGHAZI! as we speak (and by that, I specifically mean: something they can blame on the Vice President instead of the President).  After previous-primary-loser Joe Biden beat the former guy on the strength of being Barack Obama's VP, Republicans definitely don't want Harris continuing that trend.

As for progressives: Harris is definitely to the left of Joe Biden, yet progressives attack Harris FAR more viciously (even though VP has no real power).  It's not her politics, it's the fact that she's in Bernie's way.  As a point of comparison, Elizabeth Warren is - at worst - the second-most progressive member of the Senate, yet Berniecrats hate her like poison and use her name as an epithet.  It has nothing to do with her politics; she is perceived to be in Bernie's path to the White House, therefore she is evil.  Policy positions have nothing to do with it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 12:09:26 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2022, 12:06:34 pm »

If this tells you I voted for him only becuse he wasn't the other guy then you have reading comprehension issues. Nice stretch. It's a direct reference to enjoying a candidate that isnt afraid to throw your issues in your face. In other words ... the candidate triggers you so it makes it enjoyable for me. the fact we align on political issues is irrevalent in that conversation. 
If I understand this objection correctly, you believe that I have unfairly slandered you by saying that you voted for anyone who wasn't Hillary, when the truth is that you voted for whoever made Hillary voters mad.  But either way, the politics were "irrelevant" to the conversation.

If you say so, man.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2022, 12:20:42 pm »

Warren dropped out after Super Tuesday and Bernie got smashed by Biden head-to-head in the rest of the states.

And again, you are proving my point: AOC would have NO chance to beat Biden.  Yet AOC - who is not incredibly popular among Democrats as a whole - looks like Nelson Mandela next to Liz Cheney, who is actively despised by "her" party.
Bernie's plan from the beginning was to win the primary with 30% of the vote while the moderate vote was split among 3-4 different centrist candidates.  He thought all the moderates would stay in long after it was clear they had no chance to win, because that's what he did in the same position.

The moment Trump won the 2016 election, Bernie 2020 was absolutely dead in the water.  There is zero chance that Democrats would nominate someone like Bernie Sanders when the alternative is another Trump term.

I agree AOC couldn't beat Biden 1 on 1.  I agree Liz Cheney can't beat Trump 1 on 1.  

But you have some seriously missing parts.  

But claiming a single anti-Trump can't beat a crowded field Trumpists is not supported by the 2020 theory.

Who are these other moderates Bernie was expecting to split the moderate vote?  Warren?  No, she is a progressive with the same supporters as Bernie.   Buttigieg?  Nope progressive.  The race was 2 moderates and 3 progressives.  And the other moderate wasn't even a democrat.  This is not a counter example.    The only way for LC to win the republican nomination is for she to be the ONLY anti-Trumper and a prolonged fight to figure out who was the dominant Trumper.  

Plus Bernie wasn't ever going to attract independents and republicans to be "a democrat for a day"  Liz needs republican's for a day.  

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2022, 01:07:47 pm »

Who are these other moderates Bernie was expecting to split the moderate vote?
Literally everyone but Elizabeth Warren.

So the Bernie camp expected Biden, Buttigieg, Klobuchar, and Bloomberg to all stay in well past Super Tuesday.

Buttigieg?  Nope progressive.
????????

Are you... kidding with this?  Buttigieg had zero progressive support and immediately endorsed Biden upon dropping out right before Super Tuesday.

The only way for LC to win the republican nomination is for she to be the ONLY anti-Trumper and a prolonged fight to figure out who was the dominant Trumper.
The "fight to figure out the dominant Trumper" during a primary in which Donald Trump is running would be, shall we say, short.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2022, 01:32:31 pm »

Just right now as I was picking up lunch, I saw a big truck with a huge flag on the back that said "Dump Joe and the Ho" and "the Election was Rigged".

We're just in different times. 

As a progressive, I think I would rather face Trump again, just so he could get beaten again.  But I have to be careful that he doesn't win, as it would be the worst of all worlds.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray