Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 05:38:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  If closing borders are wrong, why is transporting illegals to blue states bad
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: If closing borders are wrong, why is transporting illegals to blue states bad  (Read 832 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: August 10, 2022, 09:46:24 am »

I know few, if any agree with me but I really don't understand the hypocrisy. Why is ok, and expected, for Texas and Arizona to accept and deal with illegals but if those same illegals are shipped to blue states Democrats seem to get upset?  I'm not asking for you guys to agree with me but just to help me see what I'm missing.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 09:55:05 am »

I don't have a problem with it .. bring them all to blue states .. they're a net positive on the economy .. they pay taxes and contribute to the economy without getting any benefits from the states. If texas was smart they'd low key support this.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 09:56:06 am »

I don't have a direct answer to your question but my gut kinda tells me that we shouldn't be pitting states against each other.  It's kinda like throwing your trash over the fence into your neighbors yard.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a controlled process of helping distribute refugees to other areas to spread out the responsibility of the load.  But you can't just load a bunch of people on a bus a drop them off in areas unequipped to handle them either.

Similar stuff with homeless.  I totally get shifting large homeless populations to other areas, but it wouldn't be fair for California to just load up busloads of homeless people in LA and drop them off in Kansas without some kind of cooperation.

We're all in this together.

I drink your milkshake!
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 10:57:26 am »

I don't have a problem with it .. bring them all to blue states .. they're a net positive on the economy .. they pay taxes and contribute to the economy without getting any benefits from the states. If texas was smart they'd low key support this.

No they don't.   They have no documented income, so they don't pay taxes... and they get benefits for low income families that get funded by the taxes I pay.   And I have to pay a lot in taxes because I own my own business. 

The joy of owning your own business is as overrrated as the joy of natural childbirth.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 11:00:53 am »

No they don't.   They have no documented income, so they don't pay taxes... and they get benefits for low income families that get funded by the taxes I pay.   And I have to pay a lot in taxes because I own my own business. 

The joy of owning your own business is as overrrated as the joy of natural childbirth.

sales tax, use tax, federal withholding, social security taxes, gas taxes those are all paid by illegals in this country.
they are ineligible for food stamps, social security, section 8 housing
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2022, 11:29:14 am »

I know few, if any agree with me but I really don't understand the hypocrisy. Why is ok, and expected, for Texas and Arizona to accept and deal with illegals but if those same illegals are shipped to blue states Democrats seem to get upset?  I'm not asking for you guys to agree with me but just to help me see what I'm missing.

What the fuck are you talking about?  Seriously where does this come from?  A quick search yield zero results of a program where undocumented immigrants are being shipped or an opposition to such program. 

However, a quick answer to your hypothetical.  Any STATE program designed to circumvent federal immigration policy runs afoul of the Constitution.  You may recall this fact from the sanctuary city fight. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2022, 11:41:10 am »

they are ineligible for food stamps, social security, section 8 housing

The hell they are.   I've got family in El Paso and they see cars with Mexican license plates at the public assistance offices in El Paso all the time.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2022, 12:18:01 pm »

Cars can get food stamps now?

I was under the impression that you had to be 16 to get a driver license, but I saw a bunch of cars at my local elementary school so the only conclusion I can see is that third-graders are now allowed to drive.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 12:20:56 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2022, 03:12:38 pm »

Cars can get food stamps now?

I was under the impression that you had to be 16 to get a driver license, but I saw a bunch of cars at my local elementary school so the only conclusion I can see is that third-graders are now allowed to drive.

Give me a fucking break, would ya?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 03:51:42 pm by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2022, 03:52:20 pm »

Quit being purposefully obtuse.   You know that illegals are getting welfare benefits and not only that, they are allowing their relatives to cross the border and get them and take them back home.
And we know that illegals are obtaining benefits that they legally do not qualify for because... you know some people in El Paso who saw cars with Mexican license plates at the "public assistance offices."  Open and shut case!

If you're going to invent these stories, you should have used a city in blue New Mexico or California, instead of a city in bright-red Texas.  You expect us to believe that Texas Republicans are illegally handing out benefits to undocumented immigrants?  They fight tooth-and-nail to prevent handing them out to native-born American citizens who are legally entitled to them!

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2022, 04:33:06 pm »

And we know that illegals are obtaining benefits that they legally do not qualify for because... you know some people in El Paso who saw cars with Mexican license plates at the "public assistance offices."  Open and shut case!

If you're going to invent these stories, you should have used a city in blue New Mexico or California, instead of a city in bright-red Texas.  You expect us to believe that Texas Republicans are illegally handing out benefits to undocumented immigrants?  They fight tooth-and-nail to prevent handing them out to native-born American citizens who are legally entitled to them!

for real .. i call BS .. if it was san francisco .. maybe .. but el paso ? .. not even austin .. but el paso .. not a chance.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray