Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 07:47:14 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Sunday slate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Sunday slate  (Read 5047 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2022, 12:46:48 am »

The Patriots lost to the Raiders by the skin of their teeth.  They are more talented than Miami.
The Patriots lost to the Dolphins by more than they lost to the Raiders!

It's ironic that I have to point this out to a "Dolphins fan."

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2022, 01:55:38 am »

I don't know what you've been watching these last few weeks that make make you favor Miami in any of their last three games.

Could you enlighten me?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2022, 09:35:42 am »

I don't know what you've been watching these last few weeks that make make you favor Miami in any of their last three games.

Could you enlighten me?
I don't know that you can be enlightened. In all honesty ... I've defended you more than proabably anyone else but you really do not come off as a Dolphin fan much of the time. You see Brady and all you see is great stuff while you look at the Dolphins and can only point out their faults. You know what they say about if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck ...

The Patriots are now attached to two of the dumbest game winning runbacks in the history of the NFL. Gotta love that!!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2022, 11:18:09 am »

Could you enlighten me?

I think they are favored in both their home games.  NE has a huge advantage unless the weather is unseasonably mild.  Miami isn’t a great team, but the Packers suck.  If Dolphins were playing in NJ I would favor the Jets, but in SFla  I give the edge to the fish eaters,

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2022, 12:28:32 pm »

I don't know that you can be enlightened. In all honesty ... I've defended you more than proabably anyone else but you really do not come off as a Dolphin fan much of the time. You see Brady and all you see is great stuff while you look at the Dolphins and can only point out their faults. You know what they say about if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck ...

The Patriots are now attached to two of the dumbest game winning runbacks in the history of the NFL. Gotta love that!!

I don’t understand where you get these ideas.  

I see Brady, and I all see is a guy who continually amazes me by how lucky he gets

I don’t see positives about Miami because they have not clinched yet, and have choked away countless playoff chances in twenty years

But anyway, after the officiating in the Patriots-Vikings game, and the officiating yesterday against the Raiders, the Patriots should be 9-5.  The Dolphins should be 7-7.  so even if Miami makes it, it will not be cause for celebration.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/09/bears-dolphins-nfl-admits-officials-missed-on-chase-claypool-eddie-jackson-penalties/

« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 06:31:17 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2022, 09:49:20 pm »

I see Brady, and I all see is a guy who continually amazes me by how lucky he gets
And yet you NEVER stop talking about him. How about just giving it a rest for awhile? That too much to ask? He's not even in our conference anymore let alone the division. No one cares about Brady on these forums...except you.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2023, 09:05:33 pm »

Could you enlighten me?

The Patriots lost to the Raiders by the skin of their teeth.  They are more talented than Miami.

Ditto the Packers.  Miami could very easily be 5-9 or 4-10

I consider them underdogs in ALL THREE GAMES.  Remember, this is a team that needed the refs help to beat the pathetic Chicago Bears.
The Patriots got swept by the Bills, who the Dolphins beat.
The Packers lost a win-and-in game at home to the Lions, who the Dolphins beat.
Both teams are watching the playoffs from their couches.

So much for your advanced insight!

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2023, 03:46:26 pm »

They aren't really that important to us.  Their schedule is a joke the rest of the way.    

I was right about this.  The Chargers did indeed have a joke schedule the rest of the way
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 03:48:30 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2023, 03:46:46 pm »

They are.

They have no defense.

They'll be lucky to win one game the rest of the season.  

I was right about this, too.

Miami did indeed, have no defense
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 03:48:51 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2023, 03:47:33 pm »

Not quite.

I just realized Miami COULD want Cincinnati to win because they want them to win the AFC North.

I try to analyze probabilities.  Miami is likely to win just one game the rest of the year.  I am rooting for outcomes that would help Miami make the playoffs in that scenario.  It is not possible for Miami to overtake Cincinnati in that scenario.  Therefore, I am rooting for Cincinnati.

I was right about this:

Miami did indeed, just win one game for the rest of the year

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2023, 03:50:28 pm »

I am rooting for what gives Miami the best chance to make it at 9-8.

The Chargers don't realistically factor into that.  Even if they lost today, they'd be 7-7 with a joke schedule.  They'd have to lose 2 out of 3 for Miami to finish ahead of them

The Ravens don't realistically factor into that either.

The Bengals didn't factor into that AT ALL

The Jets and Patriots do factor into that

This is the sum total of my genius analysis, which led me to conclude that Miami was most likely to finish 9-8, which is exactly what happened.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray