Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 10:31:20 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  The number of people who want Tom Brady is astounding...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The number of people who want Tom Brady is astounding...  (Read 1708 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« on: January 30, 2023, 09:36:25 am »

I keep getting these weird posts on Facebook about random Dolphins news, and reading through the comments makes my head hurt. 

Today's pearl of brilliance was:
"The Miami Dolphins won't pursue Tom Brady in free agency and remain committed to Tua Tagovailoa at quarterback, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter."

First of all, Schefty, no one ever thought the Dolphins were ACTUALLY going to go after Brady, so thanks for putting this BS to bed.  BUUUUT... 

The number of people in the comments of this post who think that hiring a 46 years old washed up QB with a diva ego and huge price tag, to "let Tua sit behind him on the bench and be mentored" is completely astonishing to me.  No coach really even does that with first round picks anymore, let alone a 4TH YEAR STARTER.

I just can't with the lack of reason from some people, and if you can't get behind Tua - OUR QB - after the season he had, then maybe this isn't the team for you.  Get the man some protection, beef up that offensive line and buy him a chushier helmet and ride this thing to the championship.  We'll remember these comments when you're celebrating.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 10:08:55 am »

Why would Tua need to be mentored by Brady. Is Tom going to teach him how to not get his bell rung?

Ridiculousness...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 10:14:05 am »

I can't help but think this is fake.

Almost nobody seems to be backing this.  It seems like it's clickbait articles trying to draw out engagement on social media.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 10:26:39 am »

Only way Tom makes sense is if you don't think Tua is going to play.  The fact that he hasn't cleared medically suggests he might have permanent damage.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2023, 10:36:18 am »

I would only want Brady if Skylar was our only QB, then go for it. Brady is not better than Tua at this point in his career, just healthier.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2023, 10:49:19 am »

Only way Tom makes sense is if you don't think Tua is going to play.  The fact that he hasn't cleared medically suggests he might have permanent damage.

Agreed.  If Tua isn't cleared and you're looking for a 1-2 year stopgap with our offensive talent, go for it.  Outside of that, this makes no sense for anyone.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2023, 11:00:06 am »

I honestly think Tua hasn't been cleared to play because the team doesn't think its worth risking his health for the Pro Bowl.  They are just using it as an excuse to get him to not have to risk anything in a flag football game with no real purpose.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2023, 11:04:42 am »

Why would Tua need to be mentored by Brady. Is Tom going to teach him how to not get his bell rung?

Ridiculousness...

The idea is Brady can teach our defenses to play better.  And he can make our opponents screw up in unthinkable ways. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2023, 11:06:27 am »

Agreed.  If Tua isn't cleared and you're looking for a 1-2 year stopgap with our offensive talent, go for it.  Outside of that, this makes no sense for anyone.

That's what I said earlier, but Tua looks like he's going to play next year. 

The dilemna is this:

1) Miami needs a competent back-up, but they can run 20-40 million.

2) Spending that money on a competent back-up makes it impossible to fix the other holes on the team.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2023, 11:26:46 am »

I honestly think Tua hasn't been cleared to play because the team doesn't think its worth risking his health for the Pro Bowl.  They are just using it as an excuse to get him to not have to risk anything in a flag football game with no real purpose.

If that is true, then the team should lose draft picks, be fined and have personnel suspended. 

They ignore the signs of concussion during games and then without justification place unreasonable restriction on him during the offseason when he is healthy. 

Keep in mind *I am not the one* alleging that the Dolphins have violated the concussion protocol in the offseason, but I have seen several Dolphin fan allege that Tua has not been cleared despite being healthy purely to prevent him from playing in the probowl.  If those allegations are true, then team should lose draft picks.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2023, 11:31:45 am »

If that is true, then the team should lose draft picks, be fined and have personnel suspended. 

They ignore the signs of concussion during games and then without justification place unreasonable restriction on him during the offseason when he is healthy. 

Keep in mind *I am not the one* alleging that the Dolphins have violated the concussion protocol in the offseason, but I have seen several Dolphin fan allege that Tua has not been cleared despite being healthy purely to prevent him from playing in the probowl.  If those allegations are true, then team should lose draft picks.
LMAO ... DO you know how many players have missed the Pro Bowl because of fake injuries? Many of the great ones. Dan Marino was selected to play in nine Pro Bowls (1983–1987, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1995), seven times as a starter, but due to injuries he only played in two of the games (1984, 1992).

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2023, 11:35:22 am »

Its not an allegation, its a hunch.

Part of clearing concussion protocol is that you have to participate in a full practice without any ill effects.  Guess what teams don't do once their season is over.....
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2023, 12:49:04 pm »

LMAO ... DO you know how many players have missed the Pro Bowl because of fake injuries? Many of the great ones. Dan Marino was selected to play in nine Pro Bowls (1983–1987, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1995), seven times as a starter, but due to injuries he only played in two of the games (1984, 1992).

That is different.  Dan choose not participate in the pro bowl.  The allegation is the TEAM is blocking Tau from playing, not Tau choosing not to play.  Keep in mind, I am not make the allegation, Dolphin fans are making the allegations.  But if the allegations are true, than the Dolphins are engaging in some extremely egregious behavior. 

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2023, 02:05:52 pm »

I just don't understand the incentive for the Dolphins, considering there isn't a tackle football game.  It's flag (and he probably would be splitting time, if playing at all) and then a skills competition, where he's playing mini-golf or throwing a ball into a clown's mouth.

The old Pro Bowl wasn't even REALLY tackle and this is even less than that.  What are they protecting him from?

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2023, 02:56:25 pm »

With our schedule next year, Brady wouldn't want to come to Miami anyway

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray